• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Attempted car jacking in Haverhill gone wrong ?

This was yesterday, heavy police presence as this location is very close to where i work. On my ride home i observed an individual face down in handcuffs.

Im hearing rumors that is was an armed civilian whom shot to suspect ? Zero factual details from any of the news sources as to how the perp got shot ? Any NESRs have further clarification ?

The suspect was arraigned in court and held without bail. Doesn't sound like he was shot at all according to the police statement and court records.

Dexon Justabe, 24, of Methuen, was arrested on charges of armed carjacking, armed assault with intent to murder, assault with a dangerous weapon, carrying a loaded firearm without a license, possession of a large-capacity feeding device, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, and improper storage of a firearm, Doherty said.

... are you telling me that Dexon- a model citizen did not follow the law? Nonsense.

A new cottage industry to appear soon. The new auto detailing. Vehicle hardening for civilians.

This is a big thing in South Africa actually... pretty much all folks with fancier vehicles have some sort of carjacking countermeasures.

And they allow boobytrapping in SA.
episode 4 specials GIF

This is a big thing in South Africa actually... pretty much all folks with fancier vehicles have some sort of carjacking countermeasures.
South Africa? It's a big thing in Washington DC. and no
countermeasures and jacking in not only isolated to fancier vehicles.

Sad thing for the law- abiding citizen in our great state is that even if you are a legal LTC holder and you are armed you really cannot shoot the carjacker lawfully unless there is a direct threat to your life - ie reach for and use your gun if the perp knocks on your window with his gun in which case he got the drop on you anyway... and once out of your car and he gets in you cant shoot him as there is no direct danger to you anymore.

So- learn do drive defensively- always stop behind vehicles so you can see their rear tires - thus you have enough room to gas and go around if needed. Be aware of your surroundings and if you see anything bad do not hesitate to drive away even if you break the law (red light, stop sign, etc.)...

So pathetic...

Sad thing for the law- abiding citizen in our great state is that even if you are a legal LTC holder and you are armed you really cannot shoot the carjacker lawfully unless there is a direct threat to your life - ie reach for and use your gun if the perp knocks on your window with his gun in which case he got the drop on you anyway... and once out of your car and he gets in you cant shoot him as there is no direct danger to you anymore.
1) if someone tries to carjack you and they have a gun in their hand you certainly can shoot them.

2) if they are driving away in your car, why would you want to shoot them? The cost of defending yourself would be far more than the $1,000 deductible on your car insurance.

1) if someone tries to carjack you and they have a gun in their hand you certainly can shoot them.

2) if they are driving away in your car, why would you want to shoot them? The cost of defending yourself would be far more than the $1,000 deductible on your car insurance.

1) I didnt say you cant shoot them- I said that based on what I know about shooting dynamics if somebody is pointing a gun at you and you are not pointing at him there is a good chance this will not go well for you regardless of how well trained you are drawing and firing. Simple reflex-time-distiance decision stacked against you.

2) Agreed. Unless your wife/kid/anybody you care about is still in the car in which case sucks to be the perp.

Last edited:
1) I didnt say you cant shoot them- I said that based on what I know about shooting dynamics if somebody is pointing a gun at you and you are not pointing at him there is a good chance this will not go well for you regardless of how well trained you are drawing and firing. Simple reflex-time-distiance decision stacked against you.
That’s true of most any violent attack. The perpetrator chooses the time and place. While we all try to be vigilant, you can’t be 100% of the time. You will always be behind the curve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom