• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I was outted today. I feel weird.

For nearly all my clients, hundreds over the past 12 years, all the trouble starts when some a**h*** sees their gun. Criminal trouble, gun license trouble, financial loss, family strain, loss of jobs from related stress, it's a nightmare for many.

In Massachusetts, please, for your own sake keep your firearm CONCEALED! The more people that know you carry, the greater exposure you have to a**h***s who want to ruin your life in some way.

For nearly all my clients, hundreds over the past 12 years, all the trouble starts when some a**h*** sees their gun. Criminal trouble, gun license trouble, financial loss, family strain, loss of jobs from related stress, it's a nightmare for many.

In Massachusetts, please, for your own sake keep your firearm CONCEALED! The more people that know you carry, the greater exposure you have to a**h***s who want to ruin your life in some way.

jesus wept.

it is seriously so sad that this is the state of affairs here. how ****ed up is it that this is how we have to live behind the iron curtain? [hmmm]

This is something I never understood about the Crossbreed IWB holsters. Their standard belt clips have a "cross" on them.

This is just as bad to me as printing the weapon. If someone sees the decorative clips they might be able to figure it out (especially if they are familiar with Crossbreed).

People that know me would immediately ask why I am wearing a cross on my belt (they know I am not religious at all).

Looks like a velcro backed belt and V-Clips for me.

Based on MGL Chapter 269, Section 10(a), I believe so.

On his own property he doesn't have much to worry about on the criminal end of things per se BUT, anything can happen when your neighbors know you carry a firearm. Have an argument with one and out comes an assault with a dangerous weapon felony charge, license pulled, the whole trainwreck I posted earlier. So those who want to proudly display their firearm for their neighbors, just be prepared to accept the consequences.

A couple of weeks ago while pumping gas I saw a guy using a fobus paddle holster. He had shorts and a t-shirt on, no belt. The t-shirt only covered half way down the fobus holster as if he could care less. Looked like he was going to the beach. I just kept to myself and said nothing to him.

Unless he was an off-duty cop, it is only a matter of time if he remains so care-free that he will deal with some consequences.

I apologize if it has already been posted, but insert obligatory "concealed means concealed" post here.

And maybe you could offer to go shooting with the neighbor

Ever since I started carrying I buy my shifts a size bigger than I need for the extra length. The main reason people are showing their guns to the world when they bend over is because the shirt is too short. Do yourself a favor and try out a couple of these shirts: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/duluth-ingenuity/mens-longtail-t-shirts/mens-longtail-t-shirts.aspx

The sizes are normal in the chest and waist area, but they are slightly longer than a nornal shirt so you don't show your gun or your ass crack when you bend over. I have been buying these for years and they are awesome. Very soft and sturdy also.

I find that if you put a hand on it and give them a good scowl while doing the "I'm watching you" thing with your other hand, most people don't ask any more questions about you carrying.

I don't want to be a buzz kill. I'm just telling it the way it is. If you do this kind of thing (unless I missed the joke), and you are dealing with an a**h*** (see prior post), then this could cause you major problems.

Gee the guy asked you if you worked for the DA's office and you let it slide? Golden opportunity..... missed!

" I can't talk about what I do..... "

" Forget you saw that, or the black van will pay you a visit"

" If I told you who I work for, you might be in danger"

Run up to him real quick and whisper in his ear.... " don't talk about it here! they might be listening"

" Private contractor for the NSA"

And the ever popular.... If I told you, I'd have to kill you
Or you could have some real fun with him.....

"After what they did to my brother, I will never go anywhere unarmed"

But since you didn't mess with him, you might as well take him shooting

+1 THIS!

I don't want to be a buzz kill. I'm just telling it the way it is. If you do this kind of thing (unless I missed the joke), and you are dealing with an a**h*** (see prior post), then this could cause you major problems.

0806flight.jpg

+1

Don't ever apologize for refusing to be a sheep.
This^^^^

But remember to be polite and a good ambasador for gun owners. Our image and the public's opinion of gun owners matters. It does none of us any good to get in someone's face with "Look a$$h*le, read the effn Constitution. It's my GD right..." Sadly, the 2A has become political which means we all get tried in the court of public opinion.

Just last night, I was on my way home from the optometrist. I was stopped in traffic and saw a fellow coming out of a dunky's with a couple cups of coffee in one of those paper carrier thingies (that's a technical term). I'd already noticed the car as it was a Ford 500 with a funky antennae on it. The guy was clean cut, wearing an untucked polo shirt, and has he bent over to put the coffee cups in the car, the fabric was stretched. Based on the outline, he had a medium to large frame gun in an OWB holster on his right hip and a spare mag or two on his left.

Based on the car and his grooming, I just figured he was a detective. But even if he wasn't, I was going to MYOB.

Last edited:
I was roaming around my yard today taking photos of my AK variants,decked out in all evil attire,my nieghbor drives by and waves while I had both AKs in my hands...I did the old "Wolverines!" wave with the rifle up in the air...no shit he just shook his head and smiled.

Funny story,

I live in the shitville where I had my Christmas lights stolen off my front lawn. So last summer after a confrontation with my crack head neighbors and there kids in my yard (insert Clint Eastwood reference). When I went to the store one of there friends hooked up a chain and tried to take my granite post from the end of the driveway. Called the po-po and ended up being someone my wife knew from the gym at Global Fitness. The neighbor began complaining about how I like to clean my weapons on the porch and it scares her and her welfare children (insert broken spanglish). The cop then informs her it is completely legal to do so and she needs to keep her damn kids off my lawn.
Cop comes over and asks if I shoot at the sportsman club and that we should shoot sometime. F- the sheeple. I will never apologize for carrying. ESPECIALLY on my own property...
Funny how my house is one of the only ones in the hood where my cars or home has not been burglarized...

I've had several cases where neighbors allege gun owner threatened them with firearm by pointing muzzel at them from a distance. This happens usually in my experience when there is a property dispute/litigation, racial tension, jealousy that neighbor is far wealthier, noise complaints, sexual orientation animosity, etc etc etc......

Jesse has a good point - here in MA all it takes is the perception of a threat to cause a world of hurt. Very few cops will bet their careers on accepting the LTC holder's claim the complaintant is lying or mistaken. Police have their own version of of "killem all and let god sort em out" - "just make the arrest and let the court figure out who is telling the truth".

Some people are so afraid of guns, they can actually imagine they are threatened if they see a holstered handgun. This can result in a "perception" of a threat, going so far as to imagine steps went beyond what actually happened (accidental display becomes an intentional threat and attempt to intimidate, hand on the gun becomes drawing the weapon, etc.). The most credible form of inaccurate eye witness testimony is that which is honestly believed to be the truth by the person telling the tale (as countless cases of persons convicted by compelling eyewitness testimony, only to be later exonerated by DNA analysis demonstrates). So, the gun owner not only has the risk of someone willing to file a false report, but the risk that they will be on the wrong end of an unfortunate failure to communicate.

Shoot someone's dog that is worrying you or your livestock? No problem - covered by MGL. Dog owner perceives, or alleges, that you threatened them with a gun while shooting their dog - plea bargain or felony trial.

If the other party doesn't know you are armed, the chances of that person alleging you threatened him/her with a firearm are greatly reduced [smile]

Back
Top Bottom