• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I was outted today. I feel weird.

I think its time to find someone that doesn't really care about ever having a gun license, that lives in a green town, to legally get their LTC-A:ALP and then open carry everywhere and see what happens.

This way if they lose it, they won't care and we will have our case.

Get the legal team in place and ill do it.

If you poor bastards still stuck in the PRM do not realize your constant threat for merely OWNING firearms, much less carrying them, I feel sorry for you.

This board is replete with stories of people who've been declared felons over nothing or had their LTCs yanked over trivialities.

Your best bet is to be on really good terms with your neighbors. Your other, and REALLY best bet if you have a ALP is to NEVER show your gun. I'm very open about what I do (firearms training) or that I carry ALL the time. I'm lucky in that all my neighbors are very supportive AND that I live in a state where there had best be some significant evidence that I threatened a neighbor. In Mass, my next-door neighbors knew about our guns because we invited them out to our club all the time. They NEVER saw those guns.

Seriously guys, listen to Jesse. His cases may be outliers, but that fact did no favors to the poor bastards who had to hire him in defense. Some of this stuff seems paranoid until it's your ass on the line. -Then, not so much.

I find it funny that in todays world of more guns on TV, Movies. video games, on-screen violence, etc that anyone would feel threatened by seeing a gun.
The same people complaining about knowing you legally own a handgun are the same ones that will complain when CSI gets cancelled.

On day at work as I loaded up my truck for a day at work, my boss asked where I was goi.g. When I responded Lowell he asked if I was strapped,(his words) I preceded to pat myself down and exclaim "nope!"... The .357 was printing badly I winked and walked away...

Another time I was tattooing a friend when I stretched my back out on a smoke break, I got some odd looks... Only then I remembered I had my BG In a tuckable as opposed to my usual pocket holster. Again I winked and mentioned that well I live in Taunton... No one had any qualms.

Get your FID first!

When something bad happens and your LTC is suspended or revoked for "suitability" reasons, The FID card is like a life raft for some of your firearms and your ability to legally use them while the ship is taking on water. That is why I am a proponent of having an FID and LTC at the same time. LTCs can be suspended for just about anything, while FIDs require a conviction or some other disqualifying event.

I am still having a visual of this dolt with a hatchet near his bed.

I can see it now, wife wakes up, hears something in the kitchen, the rooms are dark, she hears what she thinks is an intruder walking towards her. She, being a woman , launches this hatchet at the perps crotch, he drops to the floor genitals barely hanging on....her reply. Sorry honey, but don't worry about our sex life I will be OK if we don't have sex again.......... I have been doing the neighbor anyway so Im good.

God only in this state.

I know a guy that kept a Maglite next to his bed. Was told it wasn't so much because it was a light, but because it made a good club. [rolleyes]

On the topic of "someone you are trying to bed", when she ultimately does find out what the concealed object is, 9 times out of 10 it is a major turn on. (I'm talking about the firearm).

Personal experience, or scientific testing?[wink][laugh]

Last edited:
To follow up on Rob's point, probable cause is such a low standard of proof that if the responding officers determine the "victim's" statements are credible, then cuffed and stuffed you go. Scary stuff.

Yup.

Absent contrary indications, identified victims are considered "inherently reliable" for veracity in an Aguilar-Spinelli probable cause determination. My personal feeling is that standard is far too lax, but that's the way it is.

OP here. A few people have called him such. He's a nice guy. Just had a question about what he saw. Didnt bad mouth me for having it. He just asked a " normal" question coming from someone who obviously doesnt know much about 2A rights. I find it odd that people here attack him for what was in my post. So he doesnt carry a gun. Yet he still takes some (albeit minor) precautions to protect him and his family without having a firearms license. I dont see the issue.

why would you say that based off his post?

OP here. A few people have called him such. He's a nice guy. Just had a question about what he saw. Didnt bad mouth me for having it. He just asked a " normal" question coming from someone who obviously doesnt know much about 2A rights. I find it odd that people here attack him for what was in my post. So he doesnt carry a gun. Yet he still takes some (albeit minor) precautions to protect him and his family without having a firearms license. I dont see the issue.

This is NES. For 2cents any member can make mole hills look like mountains.[wink]

Funny story,

I live in the shitville where I had my Christmas lights stolen off my front lawn. So last summer after a confrontation with my crack head neighbors and there kids in my yard (insert Clint Eastwood reference). When I went to the store one of there friends hooked up a chain and tried to take my granite post from the end of the driveway. Called the po-po and ended up being someone my wife knew from the gym at Global Fitness. The neighbor began complaining about how I like to clean my weapons on the porch and it scares her and her welfare children (insert broken spanglish). The cop then informs her it is completely legal to do so and she needs to keep her damn kids off my lawn.
Cop comes over and asks if I shoot at the sportsman club and that we should shoot sometime. F- the sheeple. I will never apologize for carrying. ESPECIALLY on my own property...
Funny how my house is one of the only ones in the hood where my cars or home has not been burglarized...

I sprinkle empty shells around the edges of my property,it gives people walking by my house a reason to keep walking.

As to your OP I wouldn't fret it.

As to your neighbor, engage him in conversation (if you get along ok) and feel him out, see where he stands. He obviously cares about self defense. Enlighten him.

A year ago I bought a Harley from some guy on Craigslist.. I was glad that i was wearing my CCW when my pocket was stuffed with cash, and was in a strange town (lowell), in an old mill complex, well off the road.. After making the deal, loading the bike in the truck with the help of the seller, my shirt rode up and exposed the butt of my CCE.. I saw the guy looking at it, but he didn't say anything.. I nonchalantly adjusted my shirt to cover and continued loading the bike up.. I figured he was also carrying..

I cannot believe this is still going......[thinking]
energizer-bunny-page.jpg

Try open carrying in Nashua and let me know how you made out......

Skip to :45 seconds to save the intro:

http://youtu.be/-dER0Vh362Y

Open carry litter pickup in nashua with an AR15.
Nashua PD respected the OCers. They drove by several times, so they must have gotten calls, but did not confront the OCers because they knew they had no RAS that a crime was being committed, and respected the OCers rights.

Don

Last edited:
Under some circumstances, exercising a right strengthens that right - for example, NH open carry seems to have educated the system as to the legality of the act. Under others, exercising a right will cause it to disappear - for example, CA banned open carry of an unloaded handgun as soon as people started actually doing it. The key is recognizing the difference.

Back
Top Bottom