• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I was outted today. I feel weird.

So i carry IWB all day at work. Usually wear a vest to cover everything up. Im usually pretty careful at work about how i bend/twist to avoid showing. So i come home after work to a big package that was delivered. (nothing that goes bang unfortunately). I was outside breaking down the box when the next door neighbor started chatting me up from his porch. As i was breaking down the box, i wasnt paying attention to my body movements. As we're talking, the neighbor asks "what is that, a gun?" I look down and there she is...showing off and flirting with the neighbor. All i can muster is a "sorry" and i cover it back up. I'm then asked if i "work for the DA's office or something". I tell him "no" that " it's a crazy world out there and i'd rather be safe than sorry". He seemed ok with it. He mentioned he has a hatchet by the bed. Im assuming others here have been caught as well. I guess it's just a really good learning experience? Time to be more careful i guess. On a related note, i have work restrictions on my permit. Am i allowed to carry outside of my home on my own property (IE in the front/back yard/driveway? Or just in the house? If he called the cops on me, could i get my LTC yanked for carrying it outside (but still on my property)?

Is it weird that I find it more normal to have a gun next to my bed then a hatchet?

^^^This. I'd be more concerned about someone who is willing to get close and personal to hack you up. Plus a bad tacticool choice, unless he has it blacked out, with rails, laser and a light [rofl]

No!

I have a buddy that told me he keeps a "throwing" hatchet next to his bed, I bust his balls about it all the time.

5d5okevqqjg.jpg

Is it weird that I find it more normal to have a gun next to my bed then a hatchet?
The guy's probably never had the opportunity to go shooting and has had no real world training or experience dealing with a drug-crazed intruder. At least he thinks defending himself with a weapon is the right thing to do. Take him to the range. You could have a new shooting buddy.

On the other hand, I have a neighbor from Holland that would never consider owning a gun because he says he can never imagine a circumstance where he could take another life[rolleyes]

IANAL, but I certainly HOPE you'd be allowed to carry on your own property. If he called the cops on you, it might make an interesting legal case.

Based on MGL Chapter 269, Section 10(a), I believe so.

Section 10. (a) Whoever, except as provided or exempted by statute, knowingly has in his possession; or knowingly has under his control in a vehicle; a firearm, loaded or unloaded, as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty without either:

(1) being present in or on his residence or place of business; or

(2) having in effect a license to carry firearms issued under section one hundred and thirty-one of chapter one hundred and forty; or

(3) having in effect a license to carry firearms issued under section one hundred and thirty-one F of chapter one hundred and forty; or

[...]

...On the other hand, I have a neighbor from Holland that would never consider owning a gun because he says he can never imagine a circumstance where he could take another life[rolleyes]

And I respect that point of view, a gun would be a waste for a person like that, even if he had one, he wouldn't use it. There are millions of people in the world like that and hopefully when you come to that "moment of truth"...you won't be either. The truth is a large segment of the populace will simply freeze in place and most likely die.

A couple of weeks ago while pumping gas I saw a guy using a fobus paddle holster. He had shorts and a t-shirt on, no belt. The t-shirt only covered half way down the fobus holster as if he could care less. Looked like he was going to the beach. I just kept to myself and said nothing to him.

I make it a point not to say anything to someone when I see them attempting to Conceal carry, especially when they fail.

Last edited:
I keep a baseball bat, machete, and my grandfather's civil defense night stick next to my bed. I have a bottle of advil, flonase, and a 9mm Beretta there too. I figure it'd show great restraint to use the bat, machete, and nightstick before the beretta. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

I keep a baseball bat, machete, and my grandfather's civil defense night stick next to my bed. I have a bottle of advil, flonase, and a 9mm Beretta there too. I figure it'd show great restraint to use the bat, machete, and nightstick before the beretta. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Spray em with the flonase
Save money on ammo.
Profit.

Gee the guy asked you if you worked for the DA's office and you let it slide? Golden opportunity..... missed!

" I can't talk about what I do..... "

" Forget you saw that, or the black van will pay you a visit"

" If I told you who I work for, you might be in danger"

Run up to him real quick and whisper in his ear.... " don't talk about it here! they might be listening"

" Private contractor for the NSA"

And the ever popular.... If I told you, I'd have to kill you
Or you could have some real fun with him.....

"After what they did to my brother, I will never go anywhere unarmed"

But since you didn't mess with him, you might as well take him shooting

Back
Top Bottom