I need some advice on OWB carry...

I pick things up and I put them down…
Not sure if you're being a comedian or just obtuse.

Surely one wouldn't think this guy is a lunk...

View: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPqpRPHAYeG/?hl=en

If more older folks got off their butts and did something to preserve, or even grow their strength, they could spend less time sitting around b*tching about their aches and pains and their "lifestyle" illnesses and spend more time living life.

This nation has an acute shortage of strong people across all generations. Get up and go do your part!

Have you tried one of those ratcheting gun belts yet? That’s what I use and it’s ten x better than old fashioned belts with spaced holes. Those were either too loose or too tight for me. Other than that try a shoulder holster, unless you don’t have any shoulders either. lol 🤷‍♂️
I second the shoulder holster. With the right fit it'll stay hidden very well and the weight is all where you're used to carrying burdens (your shoulders)

I second the shoulder holster. With the right fit it'll stay hidden very well and the weight is all where you're used to carrying burdens (your shoulders)
5nterm.jpg

Last edited:
Similar shape. Gut; no ass. I usually pocket carry. I have a leather in-the-pocket holster from Don Hume that is 25-30 years old. It was designed for a Glock 26, but I've used it for a Glock 19 and 17 as well. With Levis 560's (super deep pockets) I can carry a Glock 17 (Have to tuck a handkerchief over the little bit of grip that shows). Yes, they are anti-gun, but they were issued to me by a previous job. I did buy one pair after, but love the irony that they are a/g but the only jeans that let me pocket carry something full-sized.

Second way that I occasionally carry is a Tacti-Pac holster. It uses an elastic belt with a velcro closure that goes around the waist. I had a local shoe repair shop add a pad of leather that extends up to help keep a grip from rubbing against me, and a piece below to cover the muzzle end (originally for a shorter grip/barreled gun). It does surprisingly well. I'm thinking of adding a piece of synthetic rubber or moleskin to the outside of the kydex shell since the pants tend to want to slide down on it. Only way I can carry and not have to super-tighten my belt.

Last edited:
... I usually pocket carry. I have a leather in-the-pocket holster from Don Hume that is 25-30 years old. It was designed for a Glock 26, but I've used it for a Glock 19 and 17 as well. With Levis 560's (super deep pockets) I can carry a Glock 17 (Have to tuck a handkerchief over the little bit of grip that shows). ...
Has anyone used (muslin?) to extend pants pockets' depth by 2"-3"?
(What are pockets made of?)

I haven't sewed anything since first grade (a blue felt whale, IIRC),
but ripping out the bottom seam, and then stitching something longer
around the pocket's bottom doesn't sound impossible. It's not like anyone
is going to judge the seam's visual quality...

I have a Kore ratcheting belt and an Ares aegis belt both are very stiff and both have pretty much unlimited adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom