HXP spam cans with clips and bandoleers - CMP

How does it shoot compared to LC?

It depends on who you talk to. Few guys at my club get all googly eyed over Korean M2.
I have used LC ,HXP,,PPU and others. I bought a 4 can case of 1972hxp the clips are awful and have issues and the ammo has proven to be the worst lot I have come across.

Just ordered 2 cans as well. Hoping they still have crates left and not just separated cans. I'm surprised they've lasted this long

I think they have more than you might imagine. Plus there is a 10 can limit per year. If I had the disposable income I would buy 8 more in a second. .58 cents per round shipped is,hard to beat.

depends on the year, 73 HXP is very good.

Didn't know that. I got a bunch of 73' and 77' on en bloc clips that I got from cheaperthandirt back in January? It was 60 cents per round if I recall, tad bit more than these spam cans.

Didn't know that. I got a bunch of 73' and 77' on en bloc clips that I got from cheaperthandirt back in January? It was 60 cents per round if I recall, tad bit more than these spam cans.

Was that HXP? Yeah there can be slight differences from year to year. Although I don't think your average garand from the cmp will see much of a difference unless you have a exceptional shooter.
For the most part if the rifle can hold the black your doing well.

Was that HXP? Yeah there can be slight differences from year to year. Although I don't think your average garand from the cmp will see much of a difference unless you have a exceptional shooter.
For the most part if the rifle can hold the black your doing well.

Ya it was HXP. I ordered a bunch of 303 HXP for you remember? lol

Ya it was HXP. I ordered a bunch of 303 HXP for you remember? lol
thought that was the POF surplus right now any 30-06 garand food under 70 cents per round shipped is the current good deal. I might put a order in for 2 more cans and sell the loose stuff I have.

Well, I wasn't gonna buy any because I have a decent amount of HXP already... but then again it's not getting cheaper and this is as good a price as any.

I emailed [email protected] a current copy of my LTC, auto response from Melissa Smith said she's out until the 19th.

Yeah I got a bunch of 73 and 77 in my order from them as well. Couldn't beat that price and I think I had maybe 10 rounds out of 400 that needed to be cleaned up. Everything else was grade A for grade B price.

I've found HXP 73 is more accurate than LC 69.

Well, I wasn't gonna buy any because I have a decent amount of HXP already... but then again it's not getting cheaper and this is as good a price as any.

I emailed [email protected] a current copy of my LTC, auto response from Melissa Smith said she's out until the 19th.

If you're club affiliation is not up to date, they will need a copy of that for proof also. Best to call them in order to make sure you're all set for an order. There are other CSR's on duty who can take care of you while Melissa is at the Western games.

If you're club affiliation is not up to date, they will need a copy of that for proof also. Best to call them in order to make sure you're all set for an order. There are other CSR's on duty who can take care of you while Melissa is at the Western games.

Thanks, yeah, I know my club affiliation is up to date as I use my GOAL membership for that - which is up for renewal next year. Glad to know they've got somebody else on the job, too.

Thanks, yeah, I know my club affiliation is up to date as I use my GOAL membership for that - which is up for renewal next year. Glad to know they've got somebody else on the job, too.
scan your GOAL card and send in email copy ........ in subject field note affiliation update. It will get processed. Knowing your Estore account number will speed up the process

So I checked CMP website yesterday to get a tracking number. Shows they still haven't shipped. BUT FedEx made a second attempt yesterday to deliver my 3 crates. Apparently the wife wasn't home, so I just had them redirect to local FedEx office for pickup. I just found it strange that CMP still shows shipping as ASAP but not shipped yet.

I need to know information like this so that I can redirect to FedEx BEFORE the wife knows I ordered more ammo [wink]

Got my two cans today via FedEx. No wood crate but maybe because I ordered one can and then another the same day -- two separate orders. Didn't want the crate anyway. I gave the last one away. I have limited space here and it's hard enough storing the ammo.

Got my two cans today via FedEx. No wood crate but maybe because I ordered one can and then another the same day -- two separate orders. Didn't want the crate anyway. I gave the last one away. I have limited space here and it's hard enough storing the ammo.

Over on the CMP forum someone said customer service stated that they ran out of crates processing orders from the 5th. A few other guys backed that up by having two tracking numbers for an order of 2 cans.

Oh well, I really wanted a crate with the 2 I ordered but I hesitated so I guess I lose.

Over on the CMP forum someone said customer service stated that they ran out of crates processing orders from the 5th. A few other guys backed that up by having two tracking numbers for an order of 2 cans.

Oh well, I really wanted a crate with the 2 I ordered but I hesitated so I guess I lose.

D'oh, that's largely why I ordered 2

D'oh, that's largely why I ordered 2

Damnit, same here. Oh well, I got limited space myself so I guess it's not the end of the world. I know my buddy (NESer wegman) ordered quite a few cans before the 5th. Might ask him if I can steal a crate lol.

So I checked CMP website yesterday to get a tracking number. Shows they still haven't shipped. BUT FedEx made a second attempt yesterday to deliver my 3 crates. Apparently the wife wasn't home, so I just had them redirect to local FedEx office for pickup. I just found it strange that CMP still shows shipping as ASAP but not shipped yet.

I need to know information like this so that I can redirect to FedEx BEFORE the wife knows I ordered more ammo [wink]

Can you just send it to nearest hub as your shipping address, with out having to redirect it. Or can you place in the order notes to hold at FedEx for pickup when you first place the order?

Just keep in mind that FedEx Ground and FedEx Express are essentially separate companies. There's a FedEx Express depot/office in my town, but the nearest FedEx Ground depot/office is about an hour from here. Made that mistake once...

Can you just send it to nearest hub as your shipping address, with out having to redirect it. Or can you place in the order notes to hold at FedEx for pickup when you first place the order?

Thats what I did. Used the fedex office address for my shipping address and noted to hold it there. But now I'm concerned that if they ship without telling me on the estore/tracking number, I'll have no idea that my ammo arrived at the fedex office i.e. no door tag obviously. Wonder if I should email them to change my shipping address to my house?

Last edited:
Thats what I did. Used the fedex office address for my shipping address and noted to hold it there. But now I'm concerned that if they ship without telling me on the estore/tracking number, I'll have no idea that my ammo arrived at the fedex office i.e. no door tag obviously. Wonder if I should email them to change my shipping address to my house?

Can't you set up account with FedEx and get email updates?

Can't you set up account with FedEx and get email updates?

Ahh yes that's right. I'm pretty sure I have an account already. But wouldn't I need to know the tracking number to get email updates?

Last edited:
Ahh yes that's right. I'm pretty sure I have an account already. But wouldn't I need to know the tracking number to get email updates?

I'm not sure with FedEx.....I have a ups account and get email notification as soon as a shipping label is created or scanned for pick up.....

Looks like a crate is coming- one package, 40 lbs. Supposed to deliver today. CMP transposed digits on my card and called me for the correction- took me a couple days to get back to them but they had already set aside my shipment.

Wife is on the mend & not very mobile, so I have been sitting with her, talking & prepping a lot of HXP brass. After this shipment comes in, I'll be all set for ammo & reload components for all of next year. [grin] Of course I'll always take more brass if I know it's once fired. I'm relatively new at this (reloading for Garand), but the HXP brass has been quite good. So far I'm not too impressed with LC brass for reloads, but maybe the source rifle had an oversize chamber or something.

Last edited:
I'm not sure with FedEx.....I have a ups account and get email notification as soon as a shipping label is created or scanned for pick up.....

I have a fedex account and do get notifications of shipments but don't remember if that happens with fedex ground.

Giddy up
c9cd5cd8dae406abbb6133bc7a670e46.jpg

Back
Top Bottom