• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HXP spam cans with clips and bandoleers - CMP

Parker Duofold

NES Member
That's actually a,little cheaper than the last time it came out. I might just order a few tins to have on hand with the others....

Trying to get on......they are either over loaded or changing the price!

And of course as usual my club association comes up as expired.
Which I know is not the case as I just updated when I renewed my Garand Collectors Ass. ......cmp/gca is supposed to update this automatically also....

Well maybe by Monday it won't be sold out.

Last edited:
It pays to keep your proof of affiliation up to date. Copy of GOAL card qualifies.
Saw the email and ordered a can from my phone, should've got more. These are cheaper than loose HXP, plus free clips and bandos. [smile]

Nice head's up. My GOAL membership is renewed but guess I need to send proof to CMP. Like mac1911 says, hoping still good to go on Monday.

Just ordered 2 cans. I'll be curious if they come in a crate. I had just bought one through an auction site that should be getting delivered by mon afternoon. (wish I waited now) It was still a alright price but nothing like the CMP price. Part of me was thinking of going for a third Garand but decided it's time to start looking for a basic no frills AR.

Greg

Just ordered 2 cans. I'll be curious if they come in a crate. I had just bought one through an auction site that should be getting delivered by mon afternoon. (wish I waited now) It was still a alright price but nothing like the CMP price. Part of me was thinking of going for a third Garand but decided it's time to start looking for a basic no frills AR.

Greg

From what I understand all the ammo is packed in boxes by the can. I got a 4 can create back in 2006 after that it has all been individual carb board boxes.

As for the affiliation issue....it's always been a issue for me. I even sent them a copy of the email confirmation they sent in response to my July order. IDK what is going on with affiliations I have ordered ammo in the past and with in 3 week time my affiliation vanished? I think the cmp web sites need a huge revamp.

These were supposed to be released when the loose stuff was used up. This might be getting to the end of the HXP stuff from the CMP. The 240 rnd boxes came in a crate if you ordered two.

Greg

These were supposed to be released when the loose stuff was used up. This might be getting to the end of the HXP stuff from the CMP. The 240 rnd boxes came in a crate if you ordered two.

Greg

Not yet, when it gets close to the end the remaining ammo will go to cmp auction.

The clipped ammo was always a better deal. You can get a quick 25$ back for the clips. The bando and card board a few bucks more. Heck one reproduction with clips runs 20$ on eBay.

Used to have a member who would give 10$ for the tin if you opened it from the bottom and kept the can intact. He claimed to use them in displays but never seen one of his displays?

I got my 2 cans yesterday, came in a wood crate

37e7dd6c36f884f1de8a6b7f758fd45f.jpg

Nice I hope to get a crate. I put hinges and a latch on mine nice perfect storage. Especially for MA reg.
Easy enough to tell if you are getting a crate by tracking number.
Plus when the crate comes in I love the looks and questions from my fellow workers.

Damn my club membership is expired since I moved. Now to decide if I want to find an affiliated club to join and hope that this is still available by the time it gets processed..

Is that how it ships? I ordered 2 cans and used my local FedEx office as the shipping address since I won't be home to sign for it. When I bought my Garand and ammo last year, I had it held at the FedEx office with no issues. But if they ship the crate with no outer box, it might be an issue when they see "small arms ammunition".

Nice! I ordered 6 cans (3 for me and 3 for a buddy) on October 3rd I think. The ordered appeared as Oct 7 and so far they still haven't shipped. I like the wooden crate though!

Is that how it ships? I ordered 2 cans and used my local FedEx office as the shipping address since I won't be home to sign for it. When I bought my Garand and ammo last year, I had it held at the FedEx office with no issues. But if they ship the crate with no outer box, it might be an issue when they see "small arms ammunition".

Yeah, that's exactly how it shipped, no cardboard box around it or anything. I had fedex hold it too, and the guy didn't seem to notice what was written on it or he didn't care. He commented on how heavy it was for such a small box though [laugh]

the cardboard boxes are have small arms stickers on them also..... should be a non issue.

True. I couldn't remember when I bought the loose ammo in ammo cans, if the cardboard boxes had ammo labels on the outside. Well I'll see how it goes and report back.

The easiest club affiliation

QUICK CLUB AFFILIATION: 1. got to the Garand Collectors Association sign up for a year. The quarterly magazines are nice.
2. Forward your GCA email receipt to the CMP customer service with your info and CMP customer number
3. do that to night and by this time tomorrow you will be good to go, if not sooner. You can also call with your GCA member number also.

Email [email protected] with club affiliation in the subject
Scan anything that works for affiliation. GOAL , CLUB membership etc.

If you don't have affiliation membership join. http://thegca.org/product/gca-membership-2/

Forward your GCA membership email confirmation to the cmp.... do it to night I bet a enbloc or 2 your account will be updated by 3pm tomorrow

Last edited:
+1 for quick updates from the CMP. As mentioned, I had renewed my GOAL membership but forgot to update w/ CMP. I emailed a cropped photo of my new card and called them later. They found my email and took care of it on the spot. Really nice customer service. Call them- worst thing that will happen is you get to talk to some nice ladies with a sweet southern accent.

Hope my order comes in a crate!

I ordered two cans just to get the crate. Hopefully they'll still have crates by the time my order ships. I'll probably just keep one can and sell the other in the classifieds as I already have ~1,100 rounds of 30-06 plus my reloads lol.

Just ordered 2 cans as well. Hoping they still have crates left and not just separated cans. I'm surprised they've lasted this long

Back
Top Bottom