• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HOW TO REPORT OUT OF STATE TRANSFER TO FFL ???

Assuming that one did take the extra legal measure of reporting a sale to an FFL, what evidence do we have that the FRB would take the gun off the list? Further assuming you can even find a paper FA-10 form that is.

FRB/CJIS is a "database operation" and live and die (budget-wise) on the ability to show that they have tons and tons of data. It is in their best interest (budget, personal) to add more and more data. They have no reason to NOT add that info if provided.

What benefit is there to improving the quality of the data in the MA database?

When the PD comes looking for your guns and you can't produce one or more that they have on their list, they will simply charge you with C. 269 S. 10 (felony) and let you and your lawyer ($$$/hr) convince a judge/jury that you no longer own it. That's the only reason to "help them". And a 209A or "unsuitability" results in them coming to confiscate everything, so if you are a gambler . . .

The FFL needs to keep a record of that transfer forever. if they ever came looking, you could direct them to the FFL and their bound book.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with your sentiment. If I was moving out of state I would make no effort to update them.

Many cops believe that the "registration" database is right. They are unaware of the many ways that it can be incorrect, with no laws having been broken. This is a dangerous situation.

I've never been an 01 or 07 FFL but have been told by some that ONLY the Feds are entitled to look at the BB. If this is true and you tell them to pound sand or go to the FFL, it's much easier for them to charge you with a felony for failure to turn everything over and make you pay $$$$ in legal fees to fight it.

Keep in mind the principle of law in MA . . . you are guilty until you PAY to prove yourself innocent . . . and the charges will show up on your BOP for life.

Jason Guida claimed otherwise (when he was FRB Director). In any case, they don't make it easy to get it out of your name. I can think of reasons why it would be wise to have submitted something in advance declaring that I no longer own it.

I was told by the current FRB that what you have to do is submit a paper FA10 listing the KTP as the buyer and their 01FFL number in the license line. That way you have created the trail away from you.

Back
Top Bottom