• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Refuses Transfer Because Address on LTC not matching DL address

Just a guess, but he was probably pissed you were transferring a gun that he could have made more money on selling you himself.
If thats his attitude he should increase the price of his transfers and stop being a dick.
I always ask my local guy if he can get me something before I ask him to transfer anything new thats readily available.
I figure saving a few bucks isnt worth it if the guys isnt still in busness to transfer my oddball Gunbroker finds.

Shouldn't matter, they should just increase the price or not do the transfer then. It's not too much to ask them to be professional about it.

I'm relatively new to my town (2 years) and this is the first time I've purchased a firearm while living in this town. Having lived in numerous towns in MA, and other states, having purchased firearms in all of them, I never expected this kind of interaction. Now I know that I should find a good, reliable, SANE, FFL near me. Thanks to some folks here I have a few options now.

This is a fundamental part of why you had this problem, right here. The laze thing doesn't do you favors in mass. The nearest guy I am willing to use is a good 15+ minutes from my house.

"The guy down the street" is usually going to cause you despair in this state unless you're lucky enough to live where those dealers are.

Yeah. He was a complete A-hole the second I walked into the door. His mental health is definitely questionable - irrational and extremely angry about things that don't warrant such behavior. I hate to say it, but this guy is a bit of a red flag.
Will the new MA Bruen response omnibus gun control bill allow for you to red flag him? /s

Update: Pistol is officially in the possession of USPS and on its way back to the original sender. Sigh of relief. What a pain in the ass!

I thanked him for promptly sending it back and sent him a copy of the Code of Federal Regulations to help him brush up on how to properly transfer a firearm.

Here's all the info I have of him so that you can avoid this schmuck in the future:

Name: Peter Raymond DiAngelis
Business Address: North Falmouth Hardware and Marine, 91 County Rd, North Falmouth, MA 02556
Home Address: 44 Galleon Dr, East Falmouth, MA 02536
FFL info: DIANGELIS, PETER RAYMOND (6-04-001-01-6G-05192) - FFL Scope

Picture:
View attachment 857452
Mental note:
Don't ever f*** with Mountain_Dad.

that hardware store is overpriced. All the owners responses to google reviews are douchey. I would go out of my way to go somewhere else.
One of his reviews could have been a chapter 93a triple damages claim had the buyer been aware of how in the wrong the shop was. He really is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

You're dealing with a dickhead, not laws. You met your end of the deal, notifying the po and Boston that you moved. You're in compliance with the law.

Tell him if he won't transfer it to a real FFL, you'll tell on him. That's won't accomplish anything, but it'll tick him off REAL good, being talked down to like a churlish kid. Trust me.

I assume you also changed the address on your auto reg? Do they still have the stupid labels you're supposed to write the new address on or were they supposed to send you a new DL?

Rmv stopped doing labels years ago. Now they say to use a sharpie and write on the back, or supply your own label.

So to summarize, he has a policy that has no legal basis but claims it is a legal issue. He refuses to ship your gun to another FFL but insist on returning it to where it came from.

This FFL is one of the worst I have heard of. They deserve to be outed and rot in hell.
@CrackPot seems like a decent enough fellow, but I hate the way he beats around the bush.

Back
Top Bottom