How many rounds do you carry?

yesterday i fell into a pond in a banna suit, sat in my wet undies in a pair of uncle fester's pants, roland deschain's shoes, and contramnky's socks.
And if you were wearing a kilt, the shriveled banana could have aired out quicker.

As for How many Rounds?
All I'm going to use.

i think your glock 19 is broken, it only holds as much as a 26.

Is it chopped? otherwise..... /boggle....

HA-HA.... Gimmie a break, just got the thing 3 weeks ago, and still trying to track down a pre-ban or two. I heard MA Firearms got some on Friday, so I might have to swing down if there are any left.

Was told by a firearms instructor recently that carrying a pre-ban hi-cap might screw me in court if I ever had to use it.... Crazier sh*t has happened in MA, so I believe it.... But not sure I'm willing to bet my life on that tid-bit by not having the extra capacity, if I ever needed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allegedly the most prone point of failure is the magazine, so only carrying with the mag in the gun is not IMNSHO a good idea. The old saying "one is none, two is one" comes to mind.

I've personally had mag failures with both 1911 and P99 mags (lots of online history about this one) - both basically with new mags. These were on the range, but they taught me the value of having extra mags at all times.

i think your glock 19 is broken, it only holds as much as a 26.

26 mags will fit a 19; you just have to push really hard. But you lose the drop-free feature. [smile]

Glock 19

Day-to-day carry: 10+1. Going to invest in an IWB mag pouch soon though for 21 total.

Extended trip (where permissible/legal): 50-100, plus the above.

Where do you go that you can have 21 rounds but not 50?

Whatever fits in the gun.

This

Plus an extra mag if applicable

And this. 99% of the time I carry whatever capacity my sidearm has, unless I use the Thunderwear, which happens to have a spare mag pouch. I prefer to travel as light as possible, so having a bunch of extra mags doesn't fit that too well. What do some of you guys EDC a battle belt?[laugh] I do this for several reasons 1) I like to travel as light as possible 2) I don't plan on getting into a gun fight, and if I do, I will be bringing a rifle AND several high cap mags, not my EDC 9mm 3) Because the odds of me EVER needing to draw and fire are infinitesimally small, and the chances of my EDC malfunctioning during that is an even smaller chance since I am so anal about maint. with my guns (especially my EDC). I suppose if Al Quaeda rolls into town while I'm only armed with my EDC, then I guess I'm screwed, but beyond that, I have no worries.

Was told by a firearms instructor recently that carrying a pre-ban hi-cap might screw me in court if I ever had to use it....

I was told once that carrying a loaded gun would screw me in court if I ever had to use it. So I believe it, especially in MA! [wink] [laugh]

I only need one per assailant. JK.

depends where I am going, what I am wearing & what I am carrying. Lately it's been 10+1 in my 30s. If a hell hole is in the plans then a 13 rounder from my 21 comes with.

HA-HA.... Gimmie a break, just got the thing 3 weeks ago, and still trying to track down a pre-ban or two. I heard MA Firearms got some on Friday, so I might have to swing down if there are any left.

Was told by a firearms instructor recently that carrying a pre-ban hi-cap might screw me in court if I ever had to use it.... Crazier sh*t has happened in MA, so I believe it.... But not sure I'm willing to bet my life on that tid-bit by not having the extra capacity, if I ever needed it.

call precision point, he might be able to hook you up.

18, six. 357 magnum a million grain hydro screw your whole face up rounds in my Security Six, plus two speed strips. Add two speed loaders if wearing a jacket.

If I am just in my underpants, then it is 9 rounds in my LC9 and I walk a little funny to compensate.

If I'm completely naked, then I tell my wife the bad guys are racist women haters and just stand back...

Was told by a firearms instructor recently that carrying a pre-ban hi-cap might screw me in court if I ever had to use it....

The firearms instructor is a moron.

Here is the thing. The 'worst case' that we all prepare for, will be investigated. You may be legally, ethically, and morally justified and still be indicted

A chain of events has to happen in the appropriate (legal) sequence, that will force you into defending yourself.

If the items you are carrying prior to, during and after the "incident" are "legal", they have no bearing on the incident.

I was told once that carrying a loaded gun would screw me in court if I ever had to use it. So I believe it, especially in MA! [wink] [laugh]
I can't get out of this state fast enough.

call precision point, he might be able to hook you up.
Appreciated.

The firearms instructor is a moron.

Here is the thing. The 'worst case' that we all prepare for, will be investigated. You may be legally, ethically, and morally justified and still be indicted

A chain of events has to happen in the appropriate (legal) sequence, that will force you into defending yourself.

If the items you are carrying prior to, during and after the "incident" are "legal", they have no bearing on the incident.

That's basically what I thought... Any piece of advice like what he gave me is worth looking into or asking about.

26 mags will fit a 19; you just have to push really hard. But you lose the drop-free feature. [smile]

Where do you go that you can have 21 rounds but not 50?

Going to the store or somewhere only concealed carrying with 2 mags, vs. Going out of town and able to throw a box or two in my bag (50).

Sorry, should have clarified, on my person, or in my possession.

It depends on the amount of excitement here over the prospect of a race riot or some other zOMG-EOTWAWKI event. I always check for how much double dutch ruddering is going on over face shooting welfare rats before I leave the house.

Normally just the full mag in the gun and a spare in my truck. If there is some furious fapping about EBT cards not working, I put that mag in my pocket.

Last edited:
No way would I ever carry all the crap some of you guys carry EDC. I usually have my 442 with it's five rounds on me. I keep a few speed strips in a pouch if I'm venturing far from home, but they're usually in my pack. If I'm out in the woods with the dog and the kid, sometimes I'll carry my Glock 19 with it's 15 rounds. I trust the mag and if I need more than fifteen rounds I 'm probably already f-cked. I live in MA, not one of the 'stans.

It depends on the amount of excitement here over the prospect of a race riot or some other zOMG-EOTWAWKI event. I always check for how much double dutch ruddering is going on over face shooting welfare rats before I leave the house.

Normally just the full mag in the gun and a spare in my truck. If there is some furious fapping about EBT cards not working, I put that mag in my pocket.

ROFL. Double Dutch tactical barometer

No way would I ever carry all the crap some of you guys carry EDC. I usually have my 442 with it's five rounds on me. I keep a few speed strips in a pouch if I'm venturing far from home, but they're usually in my pack. If I'm out in the woods with the dog and the kid, sometimes I'll carry my Glock 19 with it's 15 rounds. I trust the mag and if I need more than fifteen rounds I 'm probably already f-cked. I live in MA, not one of the 'stans.

Ignore the audio (PSA).

Some parts of MA aren't any safer or better than one of the 'stans! [thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
34 Rounds. 2 17 Round Mags With My Sr9c. I Think I Need One More 17 Rounder, And/ Or Get A Second Smaller Piece.

Back
Top Bottom