How did you spend your Sunday?

I woke up at 10:30, sat around, got called into work for a night shift. [angry]

Girlfriend took me to Newport to pick out a wedding reception mansion. I will be spending my Monday looking for a second job [sad]

Rosecliff is nice. If she happens to have gone to Salve, Ochre Court can be had for $700, if she didnt, its $3,000.

Went to Cabelas in CT. Picked up some much needed hunting gear then went home to put together the treestand and found that there are way too many pieces and directions for my patience.

What an incredible weekend - spent my Sunday at Harvard to start the morning -working the breakfast and of course had some myself. Followed up with the Rifle match which was just an all around fun time. Finished up the day with some Pats football. Made for an awesome day.

Closed on our new home on Friday.. Sunday was spent buying appliances and having floor/carpet cleaned. Also spent ~3 hours cleaning the fridge.

Spent the day exploring the environs of our new home up here in God's Country, and thinking about how lucky we are to be finally living in not just a Free State, but a beautiful one as well. This is Bog Pond in Campton, just down the road from us:

IMG_2912.jpg

Went to church in the morning, spent a few hours in the afternoon fondling my firearms and then spent the evening/early morning with a lawyer friend (very pro-gun) who just got hit with a divorce from his bee-otch wife after 35 years of marriage...it's tough for him right now but once he gets through it, he'll see what he was missing all these years of living with a woman who has no integrity.

Last edited:
Took off for Vermont with a couple of the boys on the bikes. Found a small sub shop and had lunch in Woodstock and found a majority of their roads were closed from the floods. I couldn't believe how much damage there was, just awful. Then came back home for the 2nd half. Put on about 300 miles, was a great day for a ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In tears [sad]

Had spoken with my girlfriend of 7 years at noon Saturday and she told me "See you at dinner and I'll make something good"..... When I arrived home it turns out she emptied the house of all her things, dumped my things on the floor and took what she wanted. Not really sure how to funtion after loosing my only real love. I'm sure it will work out but its currently looking very dim.

Campton is where I'm going to be next Monday p.m. through Tues p.m.
Can't wait to see the White Mountains for the first time.

You should have some good colors, Juergen. This past weekend, the color was about peak right around the notches, and not quite peak south of them. I would expect the Kanc to be just about right when you're there and the Campton/Waterville Valley area should be great as well. Good thing you'll be here mid-week - the line on the highway exiting at Lincoln for the Kanc on Sunday stretched back about a half-mile from the exit!

Served breakfast at Harvard Sportsmen's Club and then spent some quality time on the range with a couple of guests.

• Enjoyed a great breakfast with some wonderful folks at HSC.
  • Watched some of the USPSA rifle match at HSC, heck they were even nice enough to let me work the palm for a few strings:)
  • Meet up with a fellow NES member and traded for a XD9 Sub-Compact
  • Back to HSC fired off some rounds and more great conversation with members.
  • Went to the 99 for a late lunch with friends.
  • Got home and sat in front of the TV for the rest of the night and finished the 3rd season of Breaking Bad.

Down in WV at my GF's parents house in Martinsburg. She had the car in the morning so I did absolutely nothing at the house while both her parents worked. On NES, watched every football game, eventually started drinking around 3p-12:30a. All this while sharing the living room with a little poodle-type creature that growled anytime I got within 8 ft.

You should have some good colors, Juergen. This past weekend, the color was about peak right around the notches, and not quite peak south of them. I would expect the Kanc to be just about right when you're there and the Campton/Waterville Valley area should be great as well. Good thing you'll be here mid-week - the line on the highway exiting at Lincoln for the Kanc on Sunday stretched back about a half-mile from the exit!

So the colors haven't peaked yet? I thought they looked a little muted.

So the colors haven't peaked yet? I thought they looked a little muted.

Depends on how far north you go of course, but there still seems to be a lot of green below the notches. I agree that things seem a bit muted this year - don't know why that's the case but maybe it's got something to do with the unusually warm weather.

In tears [sad]

Had spoken with my girlfriend of 7 years at noon Saturday and she told me "See you at dinner and I'll make something good"..... When I arrived home it turns out she emptied the house of all her things, dumped my things on the floor and took what she wanted. Not really sure how to funtion after loosing my only real love. I'm sure it will work out but its currently looking very dim.

Sorry to hear that. Consider something, though: by doing that to you, she gave you a real gift. You got an insight into her true personality and she removed herself from causing you any future grief. Far better to undergo the pain now than years later when you may have been married with kids.

You're correct, it hurts now but you'll eventually heal. Don't become bitter, just become wiser. Best wishes to you.

Took the boat from Waquiot Bay over to Oak Bluff on the Vineyard, you would have thought it was the 4th of July it was so jammed in the harbor. Had to settle for the fried shrimp plate, they were out of fried clams.

IMG_0287.jpg

In tears [sad]

Really sorry to hear that.

I had my heart ripped out in a similiar fashion about 15 years ago. It was agonizing, and although I don't think I'll ever completely "get over it" (whatever that means) I eventually got passed it and realized it was for the best. Now I'm married to a great woman and I have an amazing kid. I never would have believed it when going through those very dark days, but today I can't imagine my life having turned out any better. Hang in there.

took my beautiful wife on the motorcycle to Mt. Wachusett. What a great day. The place was packed.
100_5455.jpg

As a bonus, I was able to pick up my season pass.

Thank you all for the kind words! It really helps.
Life will go on just really incredible hurt. I feel the worst for our dog (mine) that has no clue whats going on but can def tell its not normal or good.

Girlfriend took me to Newport to pick out a wedding reception mansion. I will be spending my Monday looking for a second job [sad]

Sounds like time to take your pants back from her, put them back on, and tell her to pick something more reasonable that isn't going to force you into indentured servitude. If you dont your balls are going to be in her purse for the rest of your life!

In tears [sad]

I cry over split beer too. Thank god she did it to you before you put a ring on her finger.

Me and the kids spent our annual Columbus Day W/E at a friends farm(llamas, goats, chickens, 2 dogs) in upstate NY.
On Sunday we smoked(for 10hrs) 10lbs each of beef brisket and boston butt - smoked chicked and sausage for lunch.
Spent the evening bloated under a clear sky in front of a fire, looking at the stars ( saw a shooting star) until the kids fell asleep in the tent.
.....on yeah, drinking beer all day.

For today we had to get more beer and I made him stop by a guns shop/gas station in Bennington, VT that I always wanted to visit.
We have been friends since college but never discussed firearms until today(he's anti, but not of his own choosing-nuf said).....it slow going but I hope with he will eventually choose to own one.

In tears [sad]

Sorry buddy, it has happened to many of us. The only thing to do is bang her friends or a sister if possible

Thank you all for the kind words! It really helps.
Life will go on just really incredible hurt. I feel the worst for our dog (mine) that has no clue whats going on but can def tell its not normal or good.

Like others have said... been there done that. These days I equate one of my ex's that I thought was "the one" to a song from Blood For Blood: Bitch Called Hope. Plus she ended up on welfare and saddled with 2 kids and no man in her life so that helped.

Back
Top Bottom