How did you spend your Sunday?

I went to my 2nd High Power shoot today,at Nashua Fish & Game for the CMP Match, and the CMP Vintage Sniper Match. Great day. Great people always friendly and helpful.
Came home and cut the lawn, started sizing and prepping brass for next week . Taping the Pat's game to watch when my wife gets home,so I'm drinking wine and watching an NCIS marathon.
Golf tomorrow [smile]

Saturday I competed in my first IDPA match at Worchester - I will be back. Today I went to Kittery Trading Post for the first time - then back to WSC to try out my brand new (new to me) 50 cal flint lock. Unfortunately my company doesn't believe in Columbus so back to work on Monday.

Saturday I competed in my first IDPA match at Worchester - I will be back.
Awesome! That was a great match. Harvard Sportsmen's Club is having two IDPA matches this month, one on Saturday 10/22 (revolver friendly match) and one on Saturday 10/29 (IDPA postal match). Both should be great fun, so come on out if you have time.

I did this:

Bacon explosion & chicken wings in the smoker. Burgers followed and resulted in Atomic Jalapeno burgers topped with BE and hot sauced wings on the side.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318204631098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318204631098.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1318204657368.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318204657368.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Spent today (and the weekend) on Nantucket. Went to the Cisco Brewery ACKtoberfest..great beer and great party. Excellent band, the Dusty 45's from Seattle.

I'm a bachelor for the weekend since wife & kid flew to her mom's. I slept in, didn't get out of bed until 9:00am, showered, made a nice breakfast, scratched myself for a while, farted on the coach while watching TV, then hopped on the Ducati to go get lunch somewhere. I had no idea where lunch was going to be, but a coulpe hours and a tankful of gas later I was at Stonewall Kitchens up in Maine. Took the interstate back towards home, stopped in a rest area, laid under a shady tree next to the bike and dozed for about 20 minutes. Continued home, took another shower, and drove to the range. Shot about 200 rounds of 22, then shot my 1911 for a bit. Came home, ate dinner, and finished up with surfing northeastshooters. :)

This is the lowest my stress level has been in at least 10 years.

CMP practice Match at at Nashua followed by a long nap, Pats game, then pasta with sausage and Sunday gravy for dinner. Now trying to get motivated to finish the grout job in my bathroom. Work tomorrow for the first time in 6 weeks, that should be fun. [hmmm]

Unfortunately, no range time for me today but it was a good day. I rode my bike 45 miles in the morning and then went to Canobie with my family and some friends. There was beer for the dads and scary stuff for the kids.

M1911, nice job on teaching some new people. That's exactly what we need in this state.

Driving home from a wedding in waterville maine with a bad hangover, then continuing the festivities into the pats game. Im hoping to hit the range next weekend, ive shot about 50 rounds in the last 3 months.

The wife and I slept late, wandered around the flea market, (picked up the find of the season)
Afternoon at the range
Dinner with the fam at one of our favorite resturants.
Currently, drinking beer out of a glass boot.
Work tomorrow.
Life is good.
Ok now today sucks. a range buddy of mine was in an accident today.

Last edited:
I took my Son to the range this afternoon. It was awesome!

We brought his Golden Boy. M&P 15-22, and his Ruger Mark III. We were there for about 3 hours. When we first arrived we had the 100 yard range all to ourselves. Then a group of 3 guys 1 gal showed up.

They let my Son shoot their GSG and a scoped Remington 22 and we let them shoot our guns as well. It was a great afternoon.

My Son shot better than he ever has before and is really starting to become comfortable with his guns. He loads his own magazines, clears FTF's etc and is just generally really starting to get it.

I was particularly impressed with his accuracy with his pistol. We were just plinking but he was hitting the target ( pumpkins) 8 out of 10 times.

I am thinking next year I will start him hunting. I can't wait

Took my wife to the range to get familiar with our new S&W 617. She thought it was a bit heavier than she remembered (we shot one during our pistol class), but she really liked the precision of that revolver. I tried out my new 22 conversion for my Sig 226; it works, but I had about 1/3 failures due to insufficient recoil. Ejection wasn't a problem, rounds were chambered OK, but the slide didn't cycle properly. It seemed to improve over time, so I'm guessing more time and just putting rounds through it will smooth it out.

Spent the better part of my day battling a honey bee swarm that decided my garage would be great for a new home...hundreds dead..I have never seen so many bees in
my life.My son is allergic to stings so he's at the inlaws tonight incase any made it inside the house or vent.

Last edited:
Went to the Airport Diner in Manchester, NH with GF for lunch. Afterwards we went to MFL for some shooting with three other friends. Had fun shooting Glock 9mm, S&W revolver, Beretta .380, Ruger 22/45 and Ruger 10/22. Someone shooting a .308 AR15 kinda freaked the girls out a bit. Very significant bang/bang from that rifle!

Spent the better part of my day battling a honey bee swarm that decided my garage would be great for a new home...hundreds dead..I have never seen so many bees in
my life.My son is allergic to stings so he's at the inlaws tonight incase any made it inside the house or vent.

Little Man is all set, time to gear up in the crazy-man suit and cause Mayhem on a thousand evil-featured, illegal immigrants. They're not citizens to your garage, they have no rights!!!!
[jihad]

hehehe [wink]. I couldn't resist that one [smile]

Hiking Purgatory Chasm with a pack of Cub Scouts. An old friend got deployed to Africa and I am filling in for him and doing the Tiger Cub stuff with his 6 year old. I am worn out. Thank god I have this:

pt-109973!1166.jpg

and beer.

wish i could keep my shotgun where I am living right now so i could shoot trap on the weekends unfortunately my current housing situation makes it impossible, and illegal, for me to keep my shotgun around.

but instead I get all the fun of working on Software Engineering projects with incompetent teams.

Back
Top Bottom