HK VP9

2 Glock 19s, 1 of these. Meh. Will wait for range reviews to come out.

hell ya... pricing from the dealer is at $550 shipped, $597 w/ night sights shipped.

Edit. Damn it. That's a good price.

I'm sort of a "Glock guy" and I would be willing to try one of these guns out, even if I sort of point it at the ground like I do with half of HKs product line. I carried HKs for years.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah when I saw the slide stop/release the first thing I thought of was a P99/SW99.

-Mike

You did? You always complain about the Sig weight and you carried a HK? WTF?

Last edited:
You did? You always complain about the Sig weight and you carried a HK? WTF?

Not so much the weight but the width of the top of the gun. If Sigs are school buses then most HKs are like transport vans... although from the P2000 onward they trimmed a lot of the fat off the slides vs the USP.

-Mike

Not so much the weight but the width of the top of the gun. If Sigs are school buses then most HKs are like transport vans... although from the P2000 onward they trimmed a lot of the fat off the slides vs the USP.

-Mike

The USP slide is just stupidly big.

Sootch is a handsome man

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LMAO.

And its official. I want one. ;) the pistol not Sootch.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Last edited:
I liked my P30 a lot, had to sell it due to unforeseen circumstances unfortunately. Extremely comfortable grip. Mag release was weird at first, but very easy to get used to. I usually just used my trigger finger to release the mag. The motion you have to make with your finger doesn't really threaten striking the trigger, though I guess you can't really rule anything out.

The mag release on the HK's and Walthers works great, but there is a training issue there. It's not the best to flip back and forth between that and the traditional 1911 style release.

if 15 rounds isnt enough for you to either hit your target or knock it down then you need more training not more rounds in your mag.

if 15 rounds isnt enough for you to either hit your target or knock it down then you need more training not more rounds in your mag.

You're right. Can you please pin my AR & AK mags at 15rds when you have time? I really don't need the extra 15. *facepalm*

Why does a modern, full size polymer 9mm handgun, using newly designed magazines, only hold 15 rounds?

HK- "Because you suck, and we hate you."

The real reason is probably an issue of ergonomics. The gun would probably be unable to get the ergos it has now if it had higher capacity. My guess is they also wanted to retain compatibility with P30 mags, etc.

-Mike

Didn't Bill Ruger say something like that back in the 90s?

Anyways, I assume the grip modularity has something to do with the 15 round magazine. But seeing as there are full size polymer pistols that hold 19 rounds in a flush-fit mag, I'm a little surprised that HK didn't shoot for at least 17 round mags for this platform.

Didn't Bill Ruger say something like that back in the 90s?

Anyways, I assume the grip modularity has something to do with the 15 round magazine. But seeing as there are full size polymer pistols that hold 19 rounds in a flush-fit mag, I'm a little surprised that HK didn't shoot for at least 17 round mags for this platform.

[laugh]

HK got over 35k orders for pistols this year with the first shipments arriving in July. Wish i had a delivery date to do a countdown

Back
Top Bottom