• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

brand new HK P2000SK mag release kinda sucks

daveshrews

NES Member
Has anyone here had any luck replacing the mag release on an HK P2000SK with one that's more like the VP9? I'm left-handed and prefer a paddle-style release, and the ones on both my VP9 and my Walther PPS are perfect. The one on my relatively new P2000SK though just plain sucks. It's too short and stubby and keeps getting hung up either on my grip hand, or just not releasing and requires me to completely change my grip, or actually activate it from both sides to get the mag to release.

Any tips or suggestions? I love this gun but I wish the mag release worked even half as well as the VP9.

ive never had issues with the p2000 mag release. With which finger are you actuating the release? HKparts sells an enlarged mag release lever for the HK45c. It is compatible with the p2000 series. I installed this on a 45c which helped but that pistol still sucks for me.

OOS but HKparts is solid about restocking it will come back.

It is unclear from your description if there is something wrong with the release or just your preferences? Likely the latter. My suggestion would be keep training w it for a while before swapping.

The HK45C mag release is larger than the original but nothing like the VP9/P30 style. Definitely a good upgrade though. I’ve done it to my P2000 and P2000SK.

I use my trigger hand middle finger to release the mags. It’s comfortable with your finger straight and off the trigger for me to actuate it.

I'm confused. Why did you not just get a P30sk instead? It's a newer generation design including the bigger paddle release, much like how Gen 5 Glock perfection is more perfection than Gen 2 perfection.

I use my trigger hand middle finger to release the mags. It’s comfortable with your finger straight and off the trigger for me to actuate it.

I have a P30L I also use my strong hand middle finger to work the paddle as it's faster and more reliable as it gets that finger out of the way so the paddle can move more freely.

I'm confused. Why did you not just get a P30sk instead? It's a newer generation design including the bigger paddle release, much like how Gen 5 Glock perfection is more perfection than Gen 2 perfection.
I can only speak for myself, I don’t prefer the Spider-Man grips. The finger grooves are subtle but the side stippling chafes compared to a P2000, HK45C.

The finger trough/mag release is noticeable when dry firing with a mag inserted.

I can only speak for myself, I don’t prefer the Spider-Man grips. The finger grooves are subtle but the side stippling chafes compared to a P2000, HK45C.

The finger trough/mag release is noticeable when dry firing with a mag inserted.

Yes I dislike the P30 sandpaper texture too. I think the SK uses the same as the VP9, a gentler tough that doesn't exfoliate your skin. No matter though, I wrap up all my pistols in rubberized Talon. Can't go back after trying it out on the first one.

Back
Top Bottom