• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK VP9

I had a couple of pounds of AA #5, using it for 9's. Haven't seen an issue but then again only shot maybe 200 rds. Using the recommended max loading.

usually spring breaking in, etc.
some gen 4 glocks do the same, at least in my hands.

IMHO if a Gen4 Glock is choking a break in is not going to fix it. It needs a trip back to the factory or some other adjustment/remedy.

-Mike

I also came home with some WST and WSF today. I'm thinking I'll have better results with WSF in the VP9. I got those, the W231 and TG for general purpose use but hoping one of them gives me the perfect VP9 brew. I also load 45ACP and 38SPL.

I also came home with some WST and WSF today. I'm thinking I'll have better results with WSF in the VP9. I got those, the W231 and TG for general purpose use but hoping one of them gives me the perfect VP9 brew. I also load 45ACP and 38SPL.

Do whatever makes you happy, but I'm pretty sure your over complicating things a bit

I don't reload just so I don't have to run around looking for ammo. If I have eight different powders I like to experiment with them to see what works best at which load in a particular gun. Now it's the VP9 next it will be something else. It's part of the hobby for me. If you think this is bad wait until I get a chrono...

I don't reload just so I don't have to run around looking for ammo. If I have eight different powders I like to experiment with them to see what works best at which load in a particular gun. Now it's the VP9 next it will be something else. It's part of the hobby for me. If you think this is bad wait until I get a chrono...

Nope, not bad.... like I said if that's what makes you happy, have at it!

Dude whatever. If you think I'm wasting my time then click on the browser's back button and move on to the next thread. I swear sometimes this place is more intollerant the the most liberal of the liberal anti-gunner's nonsense.

Lol he's not bashing you, dude. I did the same thing when I started. I bought all kinds of powder and made loads with it because I could. A lot of it was a waste of time but it was a fun waste of time. I even used weird shit like IMR 700x because I found a few cheap cans of it at Riley's.

If we were going to bash people for wasting time on NES we'd all be guilty of it, myself included. I ****ing sort pistol brass by headstamp. There are other guys here who use wet media to clean brass. There are other guys here who clean out primer pockets. Hell we have another guy here who does balgel tests that were basically done 10 years ago, but he wants to validate the results himself. All of these things are still complete wastes of time (relative to more efficient methods) but nobody is saying that you, me, or anyone else, can't or "shouldn't" do it that way. It's just an opinion. And you're allowed to respond like the dude if you want...

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I still play with different loads now and again, something I just enjoy when I have the time. I'm doing it now with the 9 myself. This has been my pastime and hobby for 45 years. All this "messn' around" keeps it interesting for me.

I ****ing sort pistol brass by headstamp. There are other guys here who use wet media to clean brass. There are other guys here who clean out primer pockets.
-Mike

I sort by head stamp too, even 9mm, and that was me who cleans pistol pockets. To some people that may be a waste of time. To me it's a life saver. One thing people should remember is that we all have reasons for doing what we do and if we knew the details it wouldn't seem so funny or seem like such a waste of time. That's as far as I can go with that. I think being a gun forum lends itself to being a bit high on the testosterone. There's easily more bashing here than any other forum I belong to and sometimes I crack...

67078-57508.jpg

Dude whatever. If you think I'm wasting my time then click on the browser's back button and move on to the next thread. I swear sometimes this place is more intollerant the the most liberal of the liberal anti-gunner's nonsense.

Lol, relax!

All I was saying was you don't "have" to do what your doing.... if your doing it because you enjoy it, that have at it and have fun. ( geez )

Just picked one up and I must say I really like it. Had a P30 but prefer the striker fire over DA/SA. Hitting the range tomorrow, no doubt I will be very happy with it.

Sold my P30 yesterday and bought a VP9! I love it. That trigger is amazing, that's all I can say. I cannot wait to go shoot it!

Apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but I just picked up a VP9 and am looking for some holster recommendations. Kydex and IWB preferably. Thanks!

VP40 is out. I guess it must be easy to engineer that's why it's out so quick.

Anyone who wants one should just wait awhile, a bunch of the .40 gottahavitz newbie crowd will buy them, shoot poorly with them, and dump a bunch of barely used guns on the market for cheap, just like with every other polymer .40 out there. [rofl]

-Mike

Apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but I just picked up a VP9 and am looking for some holster recommendations. Kydex and IWB preferably. Thanks!

www.jtscustomkydex.com does some nice work. I have a couple of his rigs for my Springfields and am happy with them. He's easy to deal with and great for me since he's across town, and he's got some cool prints available in kydex.

Anyone who wants one should just wait awhile, a bunch of the .40 gottahavitz newbie crowd will buy them, shoot poorly with them, and dump a bunch of barely used guns on the market for cheap, just like with every other polymer .40 out there. [rofl]

-Mike

Must not take the bait . . . . must . . . resist . . can't pig pile on anti-40 . . . even though .40 was invented by lucifer himself . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom