HK guns ???

I finally got to shoot my VP9 yesterday and overall I like it so far but I was only able to put 150 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ thru it. At 7 yards it was shooting about 1-1/2" to the left, elevation was right on. I'm not a great pistol shot by any means but was able to blow out a softball size hole with some fliers but all on the silouette and no failures.

What I liked:
Very comfortable for my hands,
Good sights.
Trigger is pretty good for a striker fired pistol, some pre-travel but after that smooth and consistent.
Almost forgot, the little ears on the slide to assist in racking it are a good idea to me and they were smart enough to make them removable if you don't like them.

Disslike:
Mag release takes some getting used too but after a few mags manipulating wasn't a big deal...Not a deal breaker for me.
The slide release needs to be bigger.

Next range trim I'm going to try some different ammo as well as hollow points.

Last edited:
I finally got to shoot my VP9 yesterday and overall I like it so far but I was only able to put 150 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ thru it. At 7 yards it was shooting about 1-1/2" to the left, elevation was right on. I'm not a great pistol shot by any means but was able to blow out a softball size hole with some fliers but all on the silouette and no failures.

What I liked:
Very comfortable for my hands,
Good sights.
Trigger is pretty good for a striker fired pistol, some pre-travel but after that smooth and consistent.

Disslike:
Mag release takes some getting used too but after a few mags manipulating wasn't a big deal...Not a deal breaker for me.
The slide release needs to be bigger.

Next range trim I'm going to try some different ammo as well as hollow points.

You should try the Walther PPQ M2, much better than the VP9.

"Exclusivity is for everyone. Try us! You'll find us refreshing."

I think you are right. It's a shame because the P30 is a really great gun if you are a hammer fired guy and want a 9mm. I certainly don't regret buying mine. However, it's gotta be really hard now to justify 800+ when they sell a very similar striker fired gun for so much cheaper. The one thing I don't like about the VP9 is the grip panels have a much less grippy stippling than the P30.

Try to find extra magazines for a P30 or VP9.
Their list price is $65, and they are being scalped off on ebay for $140 - $160 a piece

Try to find extra magazines for a P30 or VP9.
Their list price is $65, and they are being scalped off on ebay for $140 - $160 a piece

Best piece of advice I can give is to be patient. Search for them by the HK part number and you'll get tons of hits. Use the "inform me when available" button / email thing on the big websites... Midway, Brownells, Tombstone, etc, the places that sell them at MSRP. Jump on them when you get the email asap. I've made a special email account w/ a different indicator for my phone so when it goes off I know it's something I need to move quick on. I use it for ammo deals, hot items, etc. I haven't paid more than MSRP for any of the 8 mags I have for our P30's.

Back
Top Bottom