HK guns ???

BKM5

NES Member
Never shot any HK guns. Never seen one till I joined this forum. They seem very expensive for what can see.

What am I missing? Do you know of any shooting ranges that have them to " rent "?

Thanks

Not much. Just crappy triggers and a stupid mag release.

That's one opinion...

To the OP, MFS in Holliston rents and I believe they have a P30 and a couple of USPs you can rent. Also, Bob's in Salisbury has a P30 and a 45 to rent but that might be a bit far for you.

I am a member at MFS and I haven't seen one. . . Or i should say I haven't paid attention. I will try one if they have one.
That's one opinion...

To the OP, MFS in Holliston rents and I believe they have a P30 and a couple of USPs you can rent. Also, Bob's in Salisbury has a P30 and a 45 to rent but that might be a bit far for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Not much. Just crappy triggers and a stupid mag release.

I'll have to check them out. Right now I have the new LC9s. Wanna talk about a stupid mag release? It dumps it out every chance it gets.

I think all the public ranges have them - MFL, MFS, Bob's.

They’re like BMWs, most owners love them, many people hate them. i love mine.

I have an HK USP compact and I love it. Pick a gun, any gun, and you'll have those that are on both sides. Rent one and try them out for yourself. I think The Firing Line in Manchester, NH has some for rent.

I have an HK45C and find it to be a very smooth, accurate & comfortable shooter. Follow up shots are quick and grouped tight. The mag release is definitely different from your standard 1911 style platform and takes a little getting used to but I would not consider it a deal breaker. JMO for what it's worth!

i love all 4 of mine. Yeah the triggers aren't the greatest.
A lot of people hate the mag release, but i like it since all ive owned since I got my LTC has been HK, im used to them.
They are expensive but quality, fit and finish is worth it to me. Plus there customer service was great to me when i had an issue.

Wife and I both own P30's and find them extremely comfortable (and accurate) to shoot. Yeah the trigger isn't as good as a Les Baer 1911, but it's not meant to be, and the mag release isn't what a lot of people are used to, but that doesn't make it 'bad', just different (which I guess some people feel is bad, another discussion, however). As mentioned, people love to hate them, like Glocks, or any other 'popular' thing.

Best piece of advice, shoot everything you can once or twice to find out what is comfortable to you. Then worry about the name on the side. All of the 'big name' guns, Glocks, SIGs, S&W M&P, Colt, H&K, SA 1911 & XD are quality guns that will serve you well for a lifetime. Don't get hung on manufacturer's (or calibers) name.

Last edited:
The Huns make good guns......

Polyagonal rifling in barrels

PILES of trigger options including the LEM

Readily avail parts

No gun works for everyone but......its sorta like a german car vs a honda......one is a well crafted tool.....the other is an appliance.......

Try the VP9 it's kinda like a Glock...just much better in every aspect!

Just now....Half the people on this page blood pressure just sky rocketed! Lol. No riots guys i'm just poking fun.

I have a usp45ct and sent it to bob springfield for a trigger job and think it is as solid and crisp as my Ed Brown.

I have a HK45, it is the best fighting gun I have ever had. It is also by far the most accurate for me as well. I am a huge 1911 fan but I find myself leaving my 1911 in the safe and Taking the HK. I never thought that would be the case.
I have given my best friend crap for the last 20 years about him being a HK fan boy. I have shot his usp .45 many times and although I could shoot it and hit what I wanted every time. I could not get past how wide it was and it was not comfortable. Then the P30 came out and I was in love. I was stoked to see the HK45 because it feels exactly the same as a P30 but was in my favorite caliber.

Have a fine Navy day.

Last edited:
I have a HK45, it is the best fighting fun I have ever had. It is also by far the most accurate for me as well. I am a huge 1911 fan but I find myself leaving my 1911 in the safe and Taking the HK. I never thought that would be the case.
I have given my best friend crap for the last 20 years about him being a HK fan boy. I have shot his usp .45 many times and although I could shoot it and hit what I wanted every time. I could not get past how wide it was and it was not comfotable. Then the P30 came out and I was in love. I was stoked to see the HK45 because it feels exactly the same as a P30 but was in my favorite caliber.

Have a fine Navy day.

HK45 is my favorite too - it's huge but feels and shoots perfectly.

I have the HK USP45 Expert, I love it so much and sold the Sig 1911. The only thing I don't like is the sight, it is very hard to zero in indoor, changed to Meprolight night sight and no more complaints.

I love having options. 45 has to be my favorite caliber, but with the prices we're paying lately I might have to settle for a 9mm. I have high hopes in Cabela with their new store opening about 25 min away from Worcester. Let's hope they are well stocked

I have high hopes in Cabela with their new store opening about 25 min away from Worcester. Let's hope they are well stocked

There are a few other good shops in the vicinity as well... if not.

I have tried MFS's P30 in .40 which was a little much for me as a newbie... haven't tried the USPs yet... but I own a VP9 now so... [grin]

I'm thinking of moving into the HK world...anyone have a HK 45 that is on the south shore that they would let me try out..I would of course provide ammo

I'm thinking of moving into the HK world...anyone have a HK 45 that is on the south shore that they would let me try out..I would of course provide ammo

I go to Braintree club, you are more than welcome to try it. The only issue is, I travel a lot lately and don't have time to go or have gun powder residue on my hands couple days before going to Logan.

I go to Braintree club, you are more than welcome to try it. The only issue is, I travel a lot lately and don't have time to go or have gun powder residue on my hands couple days before going to Logan.

LOL you really think that GSR sets off swabs at the airport? [rofl] Either that or you trollin.

-Mike

LOL you really think that GSR sets off swabs at the airport? [rofl] Either that or you trollin.

-Mike

Propellent wont set it off

Glycerine will.....not nitroglycerine but regular glycerine.....the stuff found in nearly every bottle of hand lotion and cosmetic on the planet......

Yes it does, my coworker did pull got over after hand swab. Not taking my chances with my Pre TSA.

I've had stuff (and hands) swabbed for no apparent reason. That has nothing to do with whether or not you have GSR on your hands.

-Mike

To me HKs are perfectly nice but there's nothing about them that makes them functionally superior to M&Ps, Glocks, Sigs etc., so they're not worth even half their price.

I've had stuff (and hands) swabbed for no apparent reason. That has nothing to do with whether or not you have GSR on your hands.

-Mike

TSA guy asked him after the search did he fired a gun recently but did not ask him if he have a LTC.

Back
Top Bottom