HK-94 or AR-10..CAN'T DECIDE?

Two very different rifles. The HK-94 is 9mm. A 9mm carbine with a barrel as long as an HK94 is simply pointless, IMHO.

The AR10 is 7.62 NATO. Much bigger, much heavier, much longer range. I've got an Armalite AR10. If forced to choose between an HK94 and an AR10, I'd buy another M1A instead [wink]. The M1A may not be as tacticool as the AR10, but it is a better rifle.

an SBR would be nice...is the process easy? its $200 and form #1, right?

do you need to explain why you need an SBR? sorry im unfamilar with the SBR process

Before taking the plunge.. Call your local PD and ask them what kind of hoops conditions they will make you go through. They may just say not in my town..

hey guys,.. maybe you guys can help shed some light on my dilemma...

for my next purchase before obama gets in office..should i go for a HK94(MP5)CLONE or should i go with an ARMALITE AR-10 both are in the same price range($1800-2500), and cant decide? i will probably get both eventually. lol

now i know i can get hk preban mags for the hk-94 clone easily they just will cost me, the ar-10 mags on the other hand are much harder to aquire( need to modify preban usgi m14 mags)

i already have a DSA FAL, so you could say im ok in the .308 department..but i dont want to be screwed in the short future when i cant buy an AR-10. but i know a 9mm carbine would be cheaper to shoot!

i already have contacts for each one, when i decide.

let me know what you think!

CMMG is in the process of making an AR10 lower that takes G3 mags. It's not out yet, but they're taking pre-orders. Only downside (aside from being expensive) is that you need to make a small mod to the upper.

1306-542.jpg

CMMG G3 Mag Compatible .308 Stripped Lower

CMMG is proud to offer our new .308 G3 mag compatible semi-auto lower. Upper is compatible with DPMS .308 upper receivers with minor modification to upper receiver to allow for clearance of wider G3 magazine. With new mags available $3-5, this is a combo that cannot be beat. Lower is compatible with most popular aftermarket triggers currently on the market. We are accepting pre-orders.
SKU Number:L009
Price: $449.95

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=1434924&cat=38&

I seriously considered the DPMS AR-10, but after some thought I decided against it.

It's cheaper than an M1A1 or other alternatives, but all things being equal I think the M1 or the G3 is a better weapon. We decided to go with something else for the 7.62 when we have the cash, hopefully a Galil or National Match M1A1.

I have an HK94 that I have already gotten approved on my Form 1 (to SBR it). Just havent gotten around to getting it done...

It is actually for sale if you are interested. $4500 for it plus my MP5 mags....

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00012-1.jpg

That looks like a great idea as the HK G3 mags are real cheap.

Ive seen the mags for 2-5 for the aluminum and 5-10 for excellent steel mags.

Although its about 100.00 more than the DSA Fal upper receivers.

It will fill a slot in the market if Obama does not act on the AWB quickly.

CMMG is in the process of making an AR10 lower that takes G3 mags. It's not out yet, but they're taking pre-orders. Only downside (aside from being expensive) is that you need to make a small mod to the upper.

1306-542.jpg

CMMG G3 Mag Compatible .308 Stripped Lower

CMMG is proud to offer our new .308 G3 mag compatible semi-auto lower. Upper is compatible with DPMS .308 upper receivers with minor modification to upper receiver to allow for clearance of wider G3 magazine. With new mags available $3-5, this is a combo that cannot be beat. Lower is compatible with most popular aftermarket triggers currently on the market. We are accepting pre-orders.
SKU Number:L009
Price: $449.95

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=1434924&cat=38&

hey guys,.. maybe you guys can help shed some light on my dilemma...
for my next purchase before obama gets in office..should i go for a HK94(MP5)CLONE or should i go with an ARMALITE AR-10 both are in the same price range($1800-2500), and cant decide?

HK94 for sure, [smile]
but if you decide on the HK94 and want to put a collapsible stock on it, you will have to buy the real (pre-ban) thing, even as an SBR.
They're not cheap, they usually run between $3,500 and $4,500. But they hold their value very well. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom