• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me out choosing my SBR

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So basically Put any size Barrel on it as you like? But keep your original one so you can return it to the original configuration? And if not you could notify them that you are permanently changing the barrel size due to you sold the old one?
Change the configuration in any way you choose, and, again, there is no need to keep the original configuration. If you decide to make the change permanent (which is actually pretty hard in an AR-platform, but I digress), you can, as requested, send in a letter updating the registry, but it is not a requirement.

Last edited:

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not 2?

Bren 1 might be slightly easier to source in MA. Seen a few floating around already in classifieds, and if one were desperate, Gun Broker has a few. Given everything that went down in 2020, I'm sure Bren 2's are already sold out and probably not on the second hand market yet. They were just released in 2019, I believe.

I'd take a Bren 2 if I could. I think I'd appreciate the ambi functions, non-reciprocating charging handle, and the lighter weight. But it's no deal breaker if I can only get my hands on a Bren 1.

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
That looks like so much fun. What upper/lower is that? Actually, what everything is that aside from the MOE-K grip and scope?
That’s a Mini-Fix by Q and a Q Thunder Chicken silencer. They are sold as a pistol but mine is SBRed. I did a customer build day there and it was so fun, lots of beer and building. The colored accents are only available for customer builds.

evalance

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Bren 1 might be slightly easier to source in MA. Seen a few floating around already in classifieds, and if one were desperate, Gun Broker has a few. Given everything that went down in 2020, I'm sure Bren 2's are already sold out and probably not on the second hand market yet. They were just released in 2019, I believe.

I'd take a Bren 2 if I could. I think I'd appreciate the ambi functions, non-reciprocating charging handle, and the lighter weight. But it's no deal breaker if I can only get my hands on a Bren 1.

i got a bren 2 ms.

You could purchase a bren 1 out of state for normal price, some people in MA charge 3500 lol

paul73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. It was meant as sarcasm about the state of the ammunition market these days.
well, it is not much about that, anyway, an sbr with a less than 10" barrel may indeed have issues cycling. especially if fed garbage rounds.
an x95 tavor never chokes on any garbage and is 23-26" long. a short AK also does not choke.
an AR sbr can be done shorter than x95, but, will it be reliable on a steel case tula if that will be the only stuff left?

a 300blk sbr will cycle fine, but, ammo availability will be a bigger issue if SHTF.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Top Bottom