Help me out choosing my SBR

So basically Put any size Barrel on it as you like? But keep your original one so you can return it to the original configuration? And if not you could notify them that you are permanently changing the barrel size due to you sold the old one?
Change the configuration in any way you choose, and, again, there is no need to keep the original configuration. If you decide to make the change permanent (which is actually pretty hard in an AR-platform, but I digress), you can, as requested, send in a letter updating the registry, but it is not a requirement.

Last edited:
why not 2?

Bren 1 might be slightly easier to source in MA. Seen a few floating around already in classifieds, and if one were desperate, Gun Broker has a few. Given everything that went down in 2020, I'm sure Bren 2's are already sold out and probably not on the second hand market yet. They were just released in 2019, I believe.

I'd take a Bren 2 if I could. I think I'd appreciate the ambi functions, non-reciprocating charging handle, and the lighter weight. But it's no deal breaker if I can only get my hands on a Bren 1.

That looks like so much fun. What upper/lower is that? Actually, what everything is that aside from the MOE-K grip and scope?
That’s a Mini-Fix by Q and a Q Thunder Chicken silencer. They are sold as a pistol but mine is SBRed. I did a customer build day there and it was so fun, lots of beer and building. The colored accents are only available for customer builds.

Bren 1 might be slightly easier to source in MA. Seen a few floating around already in classifieds, and if one were desperate, Gun Broker has a few. Given everything that went down in 2020, I'm sure Bren 2's are already sold out and probably not on the second hand market yet. They were just released in 2019, I believe.

I'd take a Bren 2 if I could. I think I'd appreciate the ambi functions, non-reciprocating charging handle, and the lighter weight. But it's no deal breaker if I can only get my hands on a Bren 1.

i got a bren 2 ms.

You could purchase a bren 1 out of state for normal price, some people in MA charge 3500 lol

That totally depends on the purpose of the gun/upper and your budget.
This. I would also add that some of the appeal of this round to me is the versatility to switch between subs and super. But much of that advantage is diminished when I can't buy a can to make full use of the subs :(

I know. It was meant as sarcasm about the state of the ammunition market these days.
well, it is not much about that, anyway, an sbr with a less than 10" barrel may indeed have issues cycling. especially if fed garbage rounds.
an x95 tavor never chokes on any garbage and is 23-26" long. a short AK also does not choke.
an AR sbr can be done shorter than x95, but, will it be reliable on a steel case tula if that will be the only stuff left?

a 300blk sbr will cycle fine, but, ammo availability will be a bigger issue if SHTF.

For those of you who suppressed your 300blk, how quiet is it with subsonic ammo? Pipe dream is a Honey Badger, but I’m open to anything in a pistol configuration. Those Sig offerings earlier in the thread have me interested.

For those of you who suppressed your 300blk, how quiet is it with subsonic ammo? Pipe dream is a Honey Badger, but I’m open to anything in a pistol configuration. Those Sig offerings earlier in the thread have me interested.
Subsonic is quiet, but it's something you shoot once and go that's cool I guess, then you unload it and that ammo sits in your locker until you want to show off for your friends. I love 300blk, but I only shoot supersonic through mine. I have a bunch of subs from years ago, I thought I would want it in case I had to shoot something in the yard, but as time goes on I don't really care about being super quiet. If I smoke a predator in my front yard the neighborhood would probably come over and drink beers over the dead body.

Subsonic is quiet, but it's something you shoot once and go that's cool I guess, then you unload it and that ammo sits in your locker until you want to show off for your friends. I love 300blk, but I only shoot supersonic through mine. I have a bunch of subs from years ago, I thought I would want it in case I had to shoot something in the yard, but as time goes on I don't really care about being super quiet. If I smoke a predator in my front yard the neighborhood would probably come over and drink beers over the dead body.
My thought process is just having something with a dot I can shoot in the house god forbid and not deafen myself a third time.

Edit: this could use some better wording… but f*** it.

Last edited:
My thought process is just having something with a dot I can shoot in the house god forbid and not deafen myself a third time.
If that is your main application/concern, you are talking about 200-ish grain bullet traveling at ~1000fps, you can mimic those numbers and performance a lot cheaper with a Glock 21.

If I were employing a rifle for defense, I would be using the most lethal loading I can find. I am aware of the fancy subsonic loads, I have a bunch of them, but for me if I am trying to kill something with 300blk it is going to be loaded with Barnes 110grn black tips or Sig's 120grn SBR duty loading.

But for real, f*** me. Disregard my rambling, buy a 300blk, they are awesome, use whatever justification you need.

… it doesn’t hurt to have a gun chambered in 7.62x39, but it wouldn’t be my primary choice.

And no, it would not be more difficult to cut off ammo imports compared to domestic cartridges. The feds can probably block imports with an executive order.

God damnit, I put that bad juju out into the world. Sorry guys.
If that is your main application/concern, you are talking about 200-ish grain bullet traveling at ~1000fps, you can mimic those numbers and performance a lot cheaper with a Glock 21.

If I were employing a rifle for defense, I would be using the most lethal loading I can find. I am aware of the fancy subsonic loads, I have a bunch of them, but for me if I am trying to kill something with 300blk it is going to be loaded with Barnes 110grn black tips or Sig's 120grn SBR duty loading.

But for real, f*** me. Disregard my rambling, buy a 300blk, they are awesome, use whatever justification you need.
Agreed, but devil’s advocate, you’re not getting these from a Glock 21:
1A514987-D565-4FC6-B819-4AB87A3D4D2A.jpeg

Subsonic is really quiet, like movie quiet with the right silencer. I only shoot 300BLK subs, thats what the round was designed for and it delivers. There is nothing wrong with supers and they are still pretty quiet but I would use a different rifle if supers were my main goal. Last year I took a deer with the Mini Fix with Discreet Ballistics subs, one shot and she dropped, the bullet looked like something you would use in a classroom to show expansion. I have a Honey Badger too, its also quiet, not bolt gun quiet but you have to tune it with the AGB to your silencer to minimize the bolt noise. The AGB on the Honey Badger is very simple to tune. I think the Sigs are piston guns although I'm not sure, they will be a little louder if they are pistons.

Subsonic is really quiet, like movie quiet with the right silencer. I only shoot 300BLK subs, thats what the round was designed for and it delivers. There is nothing wrong with supers and they are still pretty quiet but I would use a different rifle if supers were my main goal. Last year I took a deer with the Mini Fix with Discreet Ballistics subs, one shot and she dropped, the bullet looked like something you would use in a classroom to show expansion. I have a Honey Badger too, its also quiet, not bolt gun quiet but you have to tune it with the AGB to your silencer to minimize the bolt noise. The AGB on the Honey Badger is very simple to tune. I think the Sigs are piston guns although I'm not sure, they will be a little louder if they are pistons.
I’m really aiming for shootable without earpro, not movie quiet.

300BLK is fun but I'm ready to go all in on 8.6BLK after watching all the vids.

Back
Top Bottom