• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me out choosing my SBR

I’m really aiming for shootable without earpro, not movie quiet.
Just like the conversation about over penetration, anything worth shooting at a man hell bent on killing your family is going to over penetrate and be load.

In my opinion anyways and I am not a financial advisor and none of this is advice.

300BLK is fun but I'm ready to go all in on 8.6BLK after watching all the vids.
The numbers are neat on that stuff, but I am all done chasing the dragon. If I were rich and lit money on fire, I would surely want one of those for deer hunting, but I am not and 300blk is good enough for me.

I’m really aiming for shootable without earpro, not movie quiet.
Then a properly tuned semi-auto will be fine. The Q silencers really do shine on subs, they are the best you can get, any one will fill your need. The bigger ones like the Full Nelson will be quieter than a Trash Panda but both are comfortable without ears. They are still solidly ok on supers but the Q cans don't shine like the coaxial design of a CGS Hyperion or Helios. The coaxial silencers do much better on supers but still are really good on subs, just not the quietest as a traditional baffle stack since they don't produce enough pressure in the subsonic realm.

Then a properly tuned semi-auto will be fine. The Q silencers really do shine on subs, they are the best you can get, any one will fill your need. The bigger ones like the Full Nelson will be quieter than a Trash Panda but both are comfortable without ears. They are still solidly ok on supers but the Q cans don't shine like the coaxial design of a CGS Hyperion or Helios. The coaxial silencers do much better on supers but still are really good on subs, just not the quietest as a traditional baffle stack since they don't produce enough pressure in the subsonic realm.
So a thunder chicken over a trash panda, since I think that’s their qd version of a full nelson.

So a thunder chicken over a trash panda, since I think that’s their qd version of a full nelson.
Yes, Thunder Chicken is a Full Nelson basically, with the addition of the QD to the Thunder Chicken. To make room for the QD the Thunder Chicken has three (maybe two, I forget) less baffles but its still very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom