• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide which 9mm to get

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
I've got the Glock 19 and 17 and want to get into another 9mm, trying to decide between the HK VP9 or the Sig P320. Only Sig I've ever fired was a LE Sig 40 and the trigger pull sucked, I've never fired a HK before so nothing to really go by other than online reviews so figured I'd ask here. All my handguns are in the same category, Carry, Range, HD etc.. I shoot my guns and rotate them in what I carry as well. Thanks in advance

All those polymer guns are pretty much the same. You might as well get another G19. Maybe a cool color!!!

In all seriousness I would use the money to buy ammo to practice more.

Last edited:
Both are very good, but I'd go with the Sig P320. Good trigger, nice shooter and it's modular.

If you go the VP9 route you'll have to become accustomed to the European mag release.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Almost everyone in this forum has had the chance to either say or hear someone say something about the VP9's mag release. It is different but if you practice it'll become as second nature as the rest of them.

Money wise they're about the same. VP 9 or a bit higher in price... But it won't brake the bank. You can probably find a pretty good price here @NES.

I like the P 320. I find it to be a bit top/front heavy for me. But I compensate accordingly.

The VP9's weight, fit and trigger were awesome from day one. Feels great. Shoots great. Well made for a polymer frame.

Whatever you do... In my opinion... You can't go wrong.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Love my VP9, nice tigger, feels great shooting it. I also love my SIG 229. ah, hell I love all my guns !![laugh]

Glock 43 of course![smile]

Can't beat perfection!

Small, great for summer carry and it is the smallest Glock 9mm made!

P320 over VP9 any day of the week, and thats coming from an HK nut. The TP9SF is also a winner, its a PPQ design done arguably even better than Walther.

OP- no hammer gun in the collection? Thats a bummer. Some great hammer options out there: HK USP, beretta 92, sig P226/9, CZ or clone, lots of great choices. I dig my striker guns but hammer fired is my preference.

You've got two sizes of striker fired, good pistols. What you're looking at are two different takes on basically the same damn thing as a G19. They are different. Some like one over the other for reasons that are valid, personal, or otherwise. But if SHTF, G19, VP9, P320, it's a toss-up. They're all great polymer striker fired pistols, period.

I'm going to make two separate suggestions, whether you like it or not!!! haha!!

Hammer fired range pistol? Because you're choices are slight variations of the same. Try something a little different, you might like it. Seems like you're fine carrying a compact, and have a full size, but full sizes are fun for range and perfect for HD....some can even conceal them, some don't even care if they're concealed.

My other suggestion would be maybe a sub-compact to round out the stable. The possibilities are endless.

Good luck!

I'm a wicked virgin when it comes to handguns I've owned every Glock caliber handgun at one time or another save the 10 mm, now I've settled on having all 9mm handguns. Right now I only have the G19,G17 and Shield. I guess I'm all in on the polymer framed striker fired handguns, they have all been flawless and work every time. I should venture out a little bit huh? I definitely don't desire a 1911, no offense as I know they are really popular! I eventually plan on getting a .357 or .44 revolver at some point, I just figured I should add an HK or Sig to the collection. Thank you all for the input, it's appreciated.

Whatever you do, don't shoot a S&W revolver!! Especially in 4" or larger barrels. You'll fall in love.

Stay away from HK USPs for the same reason. Sexy and pricey.

All those polymer guns are pretty much the same. You might as well get another G19. Maybe a cool color!!!

In all seriousness I would use the money to buy ammo to practice more.

Yup. Ammo and some training.

Probably sounds like a shameless plug. It's not lol.

Go take a class with Steve G up at Sig. Instantly level up.
If you are hell bent on a gun, I'd go 320 just based off shooters I really respect who sing its praises.

Last edited:
get a browning hi power so I can live vicariously through you

Wake up we always talked about this.....

he was buying it and you f***ed up a perfectly good lie

you been hanging out with these white people too much. It's gotta be more natural. Like nah man I ain't fallin for no banana in no tail pipe.

all done with Beverly Hills cop quotes

to the ops point the ruger American is a sexy looking striker pistol it's on my list to get

I have a vP9. Love that gun. I shoot the piss out of it with cheap shit Tulammo and it keeps on running without any problems. I do like the P320. It's a really forward thinking design. Very modular and user serviceable. That being said, I've never been able to bring myself to buy one. The only thing I can say about my VP 9 is that in hindsight I wish I had laid down the extra cash to get the 3 mags and tritium night sight package or the tactical model. Those Phosphorescent sights on mine are completely pointless.

I'm a huge SIG fan. Get a 226 Legion SA. Awesome trigger and established P226 reliability.

HKs are very cool. I had a USP .40 C but sold it because I was trying to stick to 9mm and 45 cal for my handguns. It was a tank and very accurate.

I've got a Sig 320C and my buddies got a VP9 I shoot regularly.

There both awesome guns. But hands down I'd stick with my 320.

1) I just don't like that mag release on the VP9... I know it's a personal thing and can be overcome with training but its just not my couple of tea.
2) I think the popularity of the 320 is really catching on, expcislly with the army choosing it. Parts are gonna be everywhere and cheap. There'll be a ton of aftermarket support.
3) it's a SIG... Another small reason but I've grown fond of Sigs lately,.. They just shoot well.

I say try both and see which is the more comfortable. I think it may be the VP9. I had a real nice M&P9 LEO model with a 6.5 trigger and although it was a good gun, it was not totally comfortable and I tried all 3 backstraps. Same with the Sig 226 I had.
I bought a Ruger SR9 and it is more comfortable and accuracy becomes better with a comfortable gun.

Back
Top Bottom