• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Sounds like the board is a little vindictive with this comment. Gun BOD vindictive? Say it ain't so!
Naah, always looking for volunteers, some of the more seasoned volunteers from the days have old have moved on and moved to florida it seems. Every day someone steps up to make the club a little bit better is a great day.

Yeah I run it, but I’m working a ton trying get my business rolling so I can have more free time to do more work.
Any time you want to start a work party you can, you don’t need permission to spend an hour doing chores you think need attention before shooting time starts. For example I mowed and I cleaned up the overgrowth this Sunday before shooting started, while the grounds crew watched. The president is a tyrant and a racist!
Thank you for busting ass. When your ready to fix the steel hangers drop me a PM and I’ll be there to lend a hand

If anyone is looking for any, there's lots of 9mm and .223/5.56mm on the ground and in the buckets. There are also a couple of media separators at the 25 yard range.

Yup they were out there, I was just joking about the racist part lol he’s just a tyrant. The mower only goes so far so the rest is either machete or weed whacker.
Not a Harvard member but if you ever need a hand, shoot me a message. I went there for an event as a first time shooter many years back and the crew was fantastic. Would like to give back if I can

I know this is horribly short notice, but I'll be at the club tomorrow morning to restore the steel to something you can use.
I am a bit incapacitated with injury so a second set of hands would be great.

Sorry for the late reply! I’ll be at the range by 7:30. We’re making it bulky and simple. I’ve got supplies to cobble together something to shoot at.
Good to see @mogarbage , @vicorjh @gerrycaruso and @msvasquez at the range today. It was easy with all of the people to help (and Tiny).

100 yard range is now adorned with the telephone poles and railroad tie cross bar to hold the steel plates. The plywood has been replaced as well on the most shot target backers. I don't think that was in the original plan but they got replaced as well (in a more modular fashion).

Good to see @mogarbage , @vicorjh @gerrycaruso and @msvasquez at the range today. It was easy with all of the people to help (and Tiny).

100 yard range is now adorned with the telephone poles and railroad tie cross bar to hold the steel plates. The plywood has been replaced as well on the most shot target backers. I don't think that was in the original plan but they got replaced as well (in a more modular fashion).

Ditto. Nice work all. It's looking nice.

huge shout out to all that came Sunday!! I can't thank you all enough for the help it really means a lot. We got the steel back up and some of the backstops repaired in short order thanks to the volunteers and El Presidente' supporting us with tiny.

View attachment 785107
Thank you all for your hard work! The amenities are great, but the people are why we have the best club around!

thanks again Dave!!

Well the next non-shooty project is getting underway. Working to rehab some of the clubs transportation assets.
Replacing rear springs, brake lines, power steering lines, good pressure washing and maybe some rust preventative,
minor chassis modifications. Some welding and metal repair on a new bed, peeling off some old crusty steel and
applying some new. If anyone needs some welding practice or auto repair practice.

Couple weeks down the road will be changing out some exhaust manifolds!

Any help would be fantastic, its not glorious work for certain and stuff that nobody will ever see :)

We're going to hit it sunday the 20th bright and early and go as far as we can.

-J

Well the next non-shooty project is getting underway. Working to rehab some of the clubs transportation assets.
Replacing rear springs, brake lines, power steering lines, good pressure washing and maybe some rust preventative,
minor chassis modifications. Some welding and metal repair on a new bed, peeling off some old crusty steel and
applying some new. If anyone needs some welding practice or auto repair practice.

Couple weeks down the road will be changing out some exhaust manifolds!

Any help would be fantastic, its not glorious work for certain and stuff that nobody will ever see :)

We're going to hit it sunday the 20th bright and early and go as far as we can.

-J
I’m out of town this weekend but next weekend I’d be willing to help! I’d like to give a little more for the great facilities at a relatively low cost HSC provides. Hoping the steel at 100 yards is still standing by then…

Not a member YET but looking to become one. Happy to contribute to future projects if non members are allowed to come and help as a guest.

Back
Top Bottom