Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Try pricing it out, finding a location on club grounds to put a trap field (or re-task the existing shotgun field) and offer to champion the project from design through completion, being on the project like a cheap suit, and making it happen. Even if you get turned down, such an approach will certainly be respected/
Considering there are trap, skeet, and sporting clay clubs nearly everywhere, maybe it doesn't make any sense to add another.

I'm pretty certain that there's enough room at the current shotgun range to have trap. Worst case, push the positions back into the existing parking lot. We even have a launcher somewhere, although I'm concerned about keeping it full of birds, breakage, etc.

Like I said before, I want to talk to some range chairs and the BoD about my ideas. I'm pretty busy so it might be a while. If anyone wants to help put together a plan, PM me.

I put a few screws in the face of the tie to hang things from. The ones on each end are in about a foot to avoid hitting the posts. If you're that bad, shoot at something in the middle.
Thanks, we were going to put a few screws in the back side of the railroad tie but we ran out of time and folks wanted the range.

I didn't put them in the back because someone would have to hit about 2 feet high to hit a screw. It didn't occur to me that someone could do that by accident

sorry so my ruler is off, depends on what way you travel, you dont think the shotgun range is getting power without sharing it with everyone else down there.
We explored it some time back, both extending power from the 50 to the 100 and then bringing power all the way up the line, the cost wasn't really justified for such limited usage. There's portable generation available if there's a work party etc.

The frame will be two telephone poles and a railroad tie on top. We'll be putting the pole behind the top railroad tie.
If the plates are behind the vertical telephone poles, that will help with the spall chewing them up.

When we put the large plate in the middle of the rack, the spall damage was a lot less than when we put it on one of the sides.

Found a place for the town of littleton to put their wells.....
MLS #: 72948587
181 Littleton County Rd
Harvard, MA 01451
DOM: 270
List $/SqFt:

Type: Mixed Use
Space Available: For Sale
Acres: 10.67 (464,785 SqFt)
Assessed Land: $280,900
Assessed Bldg: $932,500
Assessed Total: $1,213,400
Buildings: 4
Stories: 1
Units:

Remarks: Meadow March Riding Center is a turnkey farm thoughtfully constructed in 2006 to be practical and comfortable for horses and riders. 24 stalls in the J. Foley main barn, additional outbuilding stabling, and an attractive residence, the property suits an owner-operator as well as a freestanding facility with on-site staff housing. The 2-story contemporary 4-bedroom farmhouse offers a flexible floor plan: kitchen w dining area, fireplaced family room, 1st-floor primary bedroom. The main barn has two wings, each with 12 stalls connecting to the 72’ x 168’ heated indoor arena with dust-free wax footing. Each wing has a heated wash stall, tack, and grain rooms, linked to the heated lounge and viewing area with kitchen, office space and restrooms. A second shed row barn has 6 stalls, a grooming aisle, tack, and grain rooms. Additional amenities include 16 paddocks, an outdoor arena with irrigation, equipment/pony barn, and ample parking for trucks, trailers, and cars. Highway access.

Does the club have an accurate survey done? I could draft the layout for you guys if given an accurate survey and show separations of wetlands and such.

Edit - I could also do a 3d scan of the area to discuss with the town / conservation commission, ive been doing these for my projects, and they are very accurate and a point cloud can be exported, here is an example:

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in working on the 100yd next weekend? I’m going to get supplies to fix the backstops that morons shot to hell, because they put clay pigeons on the bottom frame members instead of the berm.
So for the morons and the ignoramuses that use clay pigeons in the frame , don’t! You’re shooting your the frame members and now I can’t replace the plywood because I have to replace the frame members. Stop being ignorant of the destruction you cause.36BB00C2-11BD-4D62-B3E2-D82DB344F41E.jpeg

Is anyone interested in working on the 100yd next weekend? I’m going to get supplies to fix the backstops that morons shot to hell, because they put clay pigeons on the bottom frame members instead of the berm.
So for the morons and the ignoramuses that use clay pigeons in the frame , don’t! You’re shooting your the frame members and now I can’t replace the plywood because I have to replace the frame members. Stop being ignorant of the destruction you cause.View attachment 736072
Sure, I can be there.

I also noticed some paint type things that people shoot and it splatters paint. I’d never seen those before. They were like balloons filled with paint, but commercially made.

Alright I’ll get what’s needed for everything and be there Sunday April 2nd.
Paul no worries, we’ll plan the spring cleanup for a Saturday so you can get in on it too. I appreciate the help guys, it shouldn’t take long with 3 of us.

Sure, I can be there.

I also noticed some paint type things that people shoot and it splatters paint. I’d never seen those before. They were like balloons filled with paint, but commercially made.
I remember back in the day Paint Ball would supply "grenades". That would essentially be paint filled balloons. Maybe they're using those?

Back
Top Bottom