Harvard Sportsmen's Club

it is a same story every time - a mutilated bolt head with multiple impacts specifically around the bolt.
1697388734667.png

Myself and others have shared info on MGM targets “public range target”. it will solve the problem of nuts bolts, chains, rubber straps, etc failing. I installed a few them at my club 1.5 years ago and have not had one problem with them. Please, someone at Harvard purchase them and forever enjoy shooting steel with painting it the only maintenance.

it is a same story every time - a mutilated bolt head with multiple impacts specifically around the bolt.
View attachment 806089
So, I’m not saying that nobody does this on purpose. However, factory m193 is 4MOA at best. That is roughly an 8” plate.

Also, many people shoot at the plate offhand. Atleast I do. My red dot is zeroed for 25 so I need to hold low at 100. I still hit a majority of the time, but just maybe not dead center.

I believe I am operating within the rules, and I try to leave the place better than I found it.

I would say that it is probably less intentional damage and more wear and tear. But maybe i have too much faith in people.(if you knew me, you would know how funny that last bit is😂)

Both plates are down. The silhouette is gone. I put the other one at the shed. The weeds are getting tall enough to obscure the targets. Maybe it's time to cut them down again.

Hey all, really interested in steel targets and just checked out the setup HSC has. Is there a typical public event on the calender interested people can join to learn more?

does anybody know if code on the 300yds lock was changed from the 3xxx it was?
i got there today - lock was sitting on the box, locked, and it was not opening with the old code - chain was wrapped around the post.
i could not get it open when i was leaving, so left it the same way i found it.

i got there today - lock was sitting on the box, locked, and it was not opening with the old code - chain was wrapped around the post.
i'm sure the mayor of harvard will be along soon with the dope....

Admittedly I haven't been to the 200/300 in a while but I don't remember the combo starting with a 3... Are you using the same one as the clubhouse?

Admittedly I haven't been to the 200/300 in a while but I don't remember the combo starting with a 3... Are you using the same one as the clubhouse?
I Agree Yes Yes Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

huh. i had 2 of those on the keyfob and it was since spring. so it was supposed to be 4xxx.
interesting. :) ok, a mental issue here, clearly. and not only mine alone. :)

I will hopefully be getting a bonus sometime in Dec. If I wanted to purchase 1 or 2 of those MGM public range targets and donate them to the club who would I coordinate that with?
I can never find time to do any working parties so this could be a way for me to at least give back to a great place...assuming I don't get a ticket to the jelly of the month club for a bonus this year.

I will hopefully be getting a bonus sometime in Dec. If I wanted to purchase 1 or 2 of those MGM public range targets and donate them to the club who would I coordinate that with?
I can never find time to do any working parties so this could be a way for me to at least give back to a great place...assuming I don't get a ticket to the jelly of the month club for a bonus this year.
emailing board@ is always going to be your easiest bet for getting in touch with someone who can help you

Last edited:
lock code has not changed, contact Ed Sawyer if you forgot the combo....

Haven't looked but I talked to Mark this morning at breakfast and apparently the steel is back up. I plan to get by tomorrow and hope it will still be up.

HSC wide brush clearing work party/parties?
A handful of helpful folks have been pitching in with the HSC cleanup, stacking up some leaves and trimming the brush/trees on the berms, especially on the sides. It has been more than a few years since there was a club wide cleanup. Good folks are stepping in and bringing some tools, hacking away at the brush and stacking it on the ends of the berms for later removal. So far the 7/25/50 and back 40 are almost done save for a few stragglers. Every little bit counts.

Any amount of time is great and the schedule is flexible, drag over a range closed sign or park at the entrance, secure both sides and start clipping and cleaning, Once everything wraps up next sunday, will be reaching out to a couple companies for estimates on getting it all ground up, good mulch for around the club.

Welding the bolts to the back of the plate is a great idea to prevent accidental hits but this isn't accidental. If the bolts aren't visible, the same a**h***s will just aim at the chains.

Back
Top Bottom