Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Could it be hung on something other than chains, so it will take longer for the a**h***s to shoot it down? Maybe pieces of fire hose or tires?

You guys realize I’ve used everything you’re talking about.
The rubber hangers don’t last from the spawl and the firehouse shreds after a while. That’s why I use heavy chains, but this time I had made one set out of lighter chain I had leftover. So who found the steel down should at least put it off to the side of the shed. I’ll be by Sunday to fix it since people just complain instead of fixing it when they find it broken.

Last edited:
You guys realize I’ve used everything you’re talking about.
The rubber hangers don’t last from the spawl and the firehouse shreds after a while. That’s why I use heavy chains, but this time I had made one set out of lighter chain I had leftover. So who found the steel down should at least put it off to the side of the shed. I’ll be by Sunday to fix it since people just complain instead of fixing it when they find it broken.
This morning, only one of the bolts was missing. I found the nut but couldn't see where the bolt went. The chains looked fine.

The rubber in the back was torn a little bit on the smaller plate. The other one was fine.

Ill add longer bolts tomorrow, hopefully that’ll help a bit.
Still up as of this morning. They are looking good with no issues.

The only interesting thing this morning was the 20 5.56 cases and 10 9mm cases about 10 yards from the plates. Someone had made a line in the dirt and was firing presumably from 10 yards away. Not sure if it was at some paper or the steel.

Maybe we need people that can hit that huge plate at 100 yds half of them can't even hit the berm...

I went to the range yesterday to sight in a couple ARs. When I was done, I drove down to the pits to use the restroom. On the way, I passed our short pistol range. It used to be 50' deep, the rear wall was pushed in to make it only 20' deep because people were setting their targets 10' from the benches and skipping rounds over the berm.

Anyhow, it has a bench, plexi dividers, target stands - everything you need to do basic pistol work. We had/have barrels on the side, because we use it occasionally for IDPA/USPSA stages. Some genius stacked two barrels, stapled their target to it, and shot the crap out of it.

With perfectly good target stands right there...

The universe has an endless supply of idiots.

I went to the range yesterday to sight in a couple ARs. When I was done, I drove down to the pits to use the restroom. On the way, I passed our short pistol range. It used to be 50' deep, the rear wall was pushed in to make it only 20' deep because people were setting their targets 10' from the benches and skipping rounds over the berm.

Anyhow, it has a bench, plexi dividers, target stands - everything you need to do basic pistol work. We had/have barrels on the side, because we use it occasionally for IDPA/USPSA stages. Some genius stacked two barrels, stapled their target to it, and shot the crap out of it.

With perfectly good target stands right there...

The universe has an endless supply of idiots.

Sometimes cameras would be a good thing at some of these ranges. A good purge would help reduce this crap.

Sometimes cameras would be a good thing at some of these ranges. A good purge would help reduce this crap.
Cameras have been installed at many places at Harvard after some poor behavior.

I was caught up in one. I went to the indoor range one morning and noticed that someone had hit the top baffle multiple times. I was shocked but didn't think much of it. I got a call the next day asking if it was me (they reviewed who came in from the front security camera). I'm assuming no one admitted to it since the next time I went, there were multiple cameras set up and a note to call the BOD if you noticed any damage.

Cameras have been installed at many places at Harvard after some poor behavior.

I was caught up in one. I went to the indoor range one morning and noticed that someone had hit the top baffle multiple times. I was shocked but didn't think much of it. I got a call the next day asking if it was me (they reviewed who came in from the front security camera). I'm assuming no one admitted to it since the next time I went, there were multiple cameras set up and a note to call the BOD if you noticed any damage.

It's unfortunate, but sometimes people just need to be kicked in the ass, or have the thread of being kicked in the ass in order to behave properly. A few key cases of people getting ejected from the club should solve a good portion of these issues.

I, for one, am not a fan of cameras, particularly when there are unwritten rules in the club. At this point I bought my own target stands and I try to shoot in the action pits as much as possible where no one will bother me.

I, for one, am not a fan of cameras, particularly when there are unwritten rules in the club. At this point I bought my own target stands and I try to shoot in the action pits as much as possible where no one will bother me.
I think we would agree that Harvard doesn't have any unwritten rules based on all the signs and the QR Codes on those signs. Of course, if there were unwritten rules, how would I know? :)

Whether people read those big yellow signs is another matter.

Gave a tour yesterday morning and found the square plate on the ground. Found some hardware in the shed and rehung it. It was still there at noon, when I got tired of trying to see it through the grass and headed home.

That dang rain has been working overtime this year.

What yellow signs ?
Assuming this is a genuine question, every range at HSC has a big yellow sign that describes what can and cannot be shot there. On each yellow sign is a QR code that link to a download page with the latest handbook that includes the club bylaws and the rules for all the ranges.

There's also a red sign at every range with instructions for calling emergency services if you have a medical issue that requires support.

Last edited:
Gave a tour yesterday morning and found the square plate on the ground. Found some hardware in the shed and rehung it. It was still there at noon, when I got tired of trying to see it through the grass and headed home.

That dang rain has been working overtime this year.

Assuming this is a genuine question, every range at HSC has a big yellow sign that describes what can and cannot be shot there. On each yellow sign is a QR code that link to a download page with the latest handbook that includes the club bylaws and the rules for all the ranges.

There's also a red sign at every range with instructions for calling emergency services if you have a medical issue that requires support.
Yep it is yellow,, asked another shooter what color it was, he said yellow looked white to me (colorblind)

I think we would agree that Harvard doesn't have any unwritten rules based on all the signs and the QR Codes on those signs. Of course, if there were unwritten rules, how would I know? :)

Whether people read those big yellow signs is another matter.
I don't think there is enough paper in the world for all the unwritten rules.

Both steel plates at the 100 are hanging sideways by one chain. I was going to fix and repaint them this morning but there were already a couple of people shooting. If my day goes as planned, I'll have time tomorrow afternoon.
Fixed.

I usually bring supplies, but didn’t have today. My plumber friend had some allthread, so both plates are up ad running.

Question for @msvasquez :
Any chance we could leave an ammo can with spare hardware someplace accessible? Near shed maybe?

Happy to donate, just want to make sure it doesn’t get tossed by management.

IMG_2759.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom