Hampton, NH PD Bullsh*t Pistol License

You'll note that everyone who has emailed Hampton thus far has been from NH... daring to question a brother in blue MA is probably all most would require to declare a lack of suitability. All we have to do is lobby NotTom to get a group buy on some doggie LevelIII's [laugh]

Not all of us in MA are pussies. A few have put our CoPs to task. In the year since I did, there has been no retaliation.

I think it more important that they get letters from in-state residents, who are more attuned to your laws. I am sure they won't give a damn what a non-resident has to say.

Edited to add: Matt posted while I was typing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kevlar for dogs might not be a bad idea. Everybody knows cops' accuracy dramatically increases when the target is of the canine persuasion.

Vests for the dog is never a bad idea

You'll note that everyone who has emailed Hampton thus far has been from NH... daring to question a brother in blue MA is probably all most would require to declare a lack of suitability. All we have to do is lobby NotTom to get a group buy on some doggie LevelIII's [laugh]

Add one from MA to the list. Once my GSD is full grown he will be outfitted.

Not all of us in MA are pussies. A few have put our CoPs to task. In the year since I did, there has been no retaliation.

I think it more important that they get letters from in-state residents, who are more attuned to your laws. I am sure they won't give a damn what a non-resident has to say.

Edited to add: Matt posted while I was typing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed but the threat of financial assistance and backing is never a bad thing. Instead of man against the machine, the man has backing from others to facilitate a protracted legal battle and prevail. It should hold some weight even if it's less than a NH resident.

Ok guys, here is my email to the town manager and to the Chief of police (James Sullivan). Bolded parts are also bolded in the email.

Hello Mr. Sullivan.

It has come to my attention that a friend of mine has sought to apply for a Pistol and Revolver License at the Hampton police department. This person informed me that your department refused to accept an application because it did not have an NH drivers license or DMV registration attached. Attached is the picture of your blatant violation of NH law.

I am going to ask a simple and straight forward question. Are you an idiot?

The law is extremely clear on this matter. Only someone who is mentally deficient or acting criminally would blatantly violate RSA 159:6.

The parts of RSA 159 YOU are in violation of are as follows:

159:6 License to Carry. –

(b) No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns.

And

II. No photograph or fingerprint shall be required or used as a basis to grant, deny, or renew a license to carry for a resident or nonresident, unless requested by the applicant.

The law is crystal clear and you are in complete violation of it.

May I also remind you of the following part of RSA 159 since based on the behavior of you and your officers, it appears as though they have not bothered to read or have decided to act intentionally in violation of this RSA

159:6-f Remedies. –
I. If any licensing entity or employee or member of the city council or board of selectmen, in violation of the provisions of this chapter, refuses to comply with this chapter, such entity or person shall be liable for reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred in a lawsuit under this chapter to enforce the terms of this chapter, provided that the court finds that such lawsuit was necessary in order to obtain compliance with this chapter by the licensing authority. Fees shall not be awarded unless the court finds that the entity or person knew or should have known that the conduct engaged in was a violation of this chapter or when the parties, by agreement, provide that no such fees shall be paid. In any case in which fees are awarded under this chapter, upon a finding that an employee, or other official of a licensing entity has acted in bad faith in refusing to comply with this chapter, the court may award such fees personally against such employee or other official.

Here is a handy link to the law in question. I suggest you read it, unless you have oodles of cash you'd like to give to Attorney Evan Nappen when he wins a lawsuit. Unlike the Communist utopia of Massachusetts, this law is straightforward and easy to understand.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-mrg.htm

The town of Newton, NH is well aware of the cost of refusing to properly follow the law. While I am not an attorney, I guarantee that you will be personally liable for court and attorney fees unless you adhere to the law starting now.
The Rockingham Superior Court is most displeased with police chiefs who think they are above the law.

http://www.pgnh.org/superior_court_...e_gun_license_and_pay_attorney_fees_and_costs

I expect to hear that this violation of NH RSA 159:6 will be cleared up in the next week without a court order. If not, I will enjoy reading about all the money you and the town of Hampton will have to pay when the Rockingham Superior Court orders you to pay it.

Best Regards and Have a Nice Day,

soloman02, New Hampshire Resident

P.S. PGNH AND GONH have been made aware of your blatant violation of this law.

P.P.S. Oh and you are going to violate the law, you might want to learn to spell "Hampton" correct under the "make check payable" portion of the illegal extra form you require.

Last edited:
This alone makes it epic, my wife and I are in stitches over here.

What can I say. Sometimes I amaze even myself. [laugh]

Seriously though, I do sometimes have a magical way with words, typically when typing things out. Took me about 45 minutes to craft that email which includes sourcing the information linked.

What can I say. Sometimes I amaze even myself. [laugh]

Seriously though, I do sometimes have a magical way with words, typically when typing things out. Took me about 45 minutes to craft that email which includes sourcing the information linked.

I see what you did, there [rofl]

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

Well, in any case I guess you have your reference part covered. [smile]

Ps. Good luck, and keep calm
dont lose the war,
pick the high moral ground for the battles.

lens advice should be given the weight it deserves.

Last edited:
Yup, I've seen enough. It's big black rifle time.

Care to elaborate?

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: BCPG C# v1.6.1.0
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=dHjw
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Care to elaborate?

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: BCPG C# v1.6.1.0
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=dHjw
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Don't worry, he means open carry with said "evil black rifle."

... are you suggesting a false flag on my dog?

No. I was referring to the following quote I saw in someones signature here in NES:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)

No. I was referring to the following quote I saw in someones signature here in NES:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)

If we had only listened to Mencken

Serious question. Are NH news stations really sympathetic to 2A issues? If so that's awesome.

"News"? No. It would just become an opportunity for a puff piece on the heroic Hampton PD--just looking to protect the children while being bound by the state's wild west gun laws--as it struggles against the unyielding weight of a seething armed citizen making legal threats. (Cue poignant piano music.) Who will stand up for the children? (Intercut Sandy Hook footage.) Who will save them from those who think they need to pull out guns and start shooting indiscriminately?

See how that works? Best to leave them out of it.

Seriously contact your reps
Representatives:
District 21
Robert R Cushing(D) : 395 Winnacunnet Rd , Hampton, NH , 03842-2732
Phone: (603)926-2737
Email: [email protected]
J. Tracy Emerick(R) : 207 North Shore Rd , Hampton, NH , 03842-1468
Phone: (603)926-8316
Chris Muns(D) : 5 Nersesian Way , Hampton, NH , 03842-1561
Phone: (603)929-3629