Hampton, NH PD Bullsh*t Pistol License

If Evan or whomever requires a fee, perhaps an escrow fund until the town pays up? They WILL lose. I'll kick in to this.

We just got back from the Hampton PD. They would not let us turn in my wife's application. They immediately gave her a hard time about not providing phone numbers for her references (not required and on the state form) not providing a copy of her drivers license and vehicle registration (not required on the state form) and then gave us an additional form (attached).

The extremely rude and inept receptionist couldn't get past the fact that we weren't providing anything more than what is on the P&R application, and got the on-duty sergeant B.W. Newcomb was even less helpful, spouting such bullsh*t as "we don't know who we are dealing with if you don't give us the information."

Long story short, I need an attorney, ASAP.View attachment 89683

We will not bend over. We will not submit. We will fight this until we get out justice.

Please tell me you recorded this encounter. That is bogus.

159:6 License to Carry. –

The director of state police is hereby authorized and directed to prepare forms for the licenses required under this chapter and forms for the application for such licenses and to supply the same to officials of the cities and towns authorized to issue the licenses. No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-6.htm

This makes me mad.

RSA 159:6 II said:
No photograph or fingerprint shall be required or used as a basis to grant, deny, or renew a license to carry for a resident or nonresident, unless requested by the applicant.

So are they allowed to ask for anything at all, then, to establish identity and/or prove residency?

Would you even be charged for something like this??? An attorney knows it's a slam dunk.

Maybe a very strongly worded letter dropped off at the PD, drafted by an attorney, would do the trick.

FWIW, that form didn't appear to be part of the application... rather just instructions and an internal checklist.... so that isn't the issue... its the other required info that's going to land them an invoice.

True. I think you could make the argument either way. It is a form. The department is using it. It demands other information and paperwork not required by the only required form. It is one in the same. Illegal.

So are they allowed to ask for anything at all, then, to establish identity and/or prove residency?

Two years ago when I picked up mine they didn't even ask for my ID. I just said "I got a call that my P&R permit was in," and told them my name and she handed it over. I don't know of any laws that have changed, aside from not being able to carry in the state house, in that time.

We just got back from the Hampton PD. They would not let us turn in my wife's application. They immediately gave her a hard time about not providing phone numbers for her references (not required and on the state form) not providing a copy of her drivers license and vehicle registration (not required on the state form) and then gave us an additional form (attached).

The extremely rude and inept receptionist couldn't get past the fact that we weren't providing anything more than what is on the P&R application, and got the on-duty sergeant B.W. Newcomb was even less helpful, spouting such bullsh*t as "we don't know who we are dealing with if you don't give us the information."

Long story short, I need an attorney, ASAP.View attachment 89683

We will not bend over. We will not submit. We will fight this until we get out justice.

Contact Evan Nappen, Esq. immediately.

280 Pleasant Street, 1st Floor,
Concord, NH 03301
[email protected]
http://www.efnappen.com/
(603) 223-0001

Evan makes his living off this crap, he'll sue them and they will pay his fees!

Good luck and kudos to you.

NH has no 'Chief's Discretion' clause, it clearly spells out what is required. I wonder if a fine could be levied for violating hugs oath, the state and US constitutions?

Go for it man, don't let NH become 'Live free - only when a public servant says it's okay'.

NH has no 'Chief's Discretion' clause, it clearly spells out what is required. I wonder if a fine could be levied for violating hugs oath, the state and US constitutions?

Go for it man, don't let NH become 'Live free - only when a public servant says it's okay'.
Definatly, do it. Don't let NH, be MA lite. I'm in for support !

No

You don't need to show it to apply, only to prove it's you upon pickup

OK. I just looked at DSSP 85 (the official P&R license app) and it seems that applicants have to provide more than enough information to identify themselves specifically, so that whatever background check can be done. Presenting photo ID upon pickup would then seem to close that loop for the "I am who I say I am" part.

OK. I just looked at DSSP 85 (the official P&R license app) and it seems that applicants have to provide more than enough information to identify themselves specifically, so that whatever background check can be done. Presenting photo ID upon pickup would then seem to close that loop for the "I am who I say I am" part.

OK, let's try this. Forget the Mass mindset, it does not apply here

I provided NOTHING except the application and info on it, showed my license only to pick it up

OK, let's try this. Forget the Mass mindset, it does not apply here

I provided NOTHING except the application and info on it, showed my license only to pick it up

I have a NH non-res P&R license, so I've never had to do it in person. I had to provide a copy of my MA LTC to the NH SP as part of the application. But I see that they still don't require a photo for that, MA just happens to have a picture on it.

My comment on the information required on the application is because I forgot what it had on there, name, address, driver's license #, employer, etc.

No. You just suggested this would be the safest course of action. And quickly found out you were in the wrong state gun law forum after doing so...

No you just missed my point and ran with one sentence while ignoring everything else I said. I know, I get it! How dare I say or type anything that might go against the tide......and people talk about being a "good sheep"! OK, here it is, I'm wrong your right BAH BAHHHHHHH!

Back
Top Bottom