Hampton, NH PD Bullsh*t Pistol License

Sorry I thought we were friends. Why the change in attitude? Seems to me we've shot together, gone to NES events together including one that was organized to support you. You've been a real asset to this forum with group buys and your posts. I don't get your rancor towards me. We've both been around here for a long time.

I thought we were all part of the NES Green Brotherhood/Sisterhood what gives? I'm glad you realized your dream and got to go to NH?

Last edited:
Sorry I thought we were friends. Why the change in attitude? Seems to me we've shot together, gone to NES events together including one that was organized to support you. You've been a real asset to this forum with group buys and your posts. I don't get your rancor towards me. We've both been around here for a long time.

I thought we were all part of the NES Green Brotherhood/Sisterhood what gives? I'm glad you realized your dream and got to go to NH?

Your posts about support for me blah blah blah, are getting very tiresome. Does every post involving me, need to include that?? I know what this forum did for me. I don't need to be reminded every 3rd post by you.

You say I am negative or whatever since moving to NH. Your posts on a daily basis aren't much better.

For the record, I didn't say we weren't 'friends', I was asking for names not be used.

I know PLENTY of peoples' real names on here, and I NEVER use them out of respect for that person.

Your posts about support for me blah blah blah, are getting very tiresome. Does every post involving me, need to include that?? I know what this forum did for me. I don't need to be reminded every 3rd post by you. You say I am negative or whatever since moving to NH. Your posts on a daily basis aren't much better. For the record, I didn't say we weren't 'friends', I was asking for names not be used. I know PLENTY of peoples' real names on here, and I NEVER use them out of respect for that person.

Okay I will cease and desist, but in the times that we live in it is far better to have allies than opponents, don't you think?

Ok, when Cyber's wife gets her license, we need to send someone back to ask for another license application to see if they are pulling the same BS. They don't even need to be a Hampton resident.

Ok, when Cyber's wife gets her license, we need to send someone back to ask for another license application to see if they are pulling the same BS. They don't even need to be a Hampton resident.

Good idea. Not sure if Cyber contacted Nappen or Dean. But that would help.

The actual law (Section f) only says that "reasonable legal costs" or whatever, are only awarded if the law needs to be enforced via court order. So basically, they could conceivably continue the BS and have to be called out on it each and every time, at least how I understand it.

Good idea. Not sure if Cyber contacted Nappen or Dean. But that would help.

The actual law (Section f) only says that "reasonable legal costs" or whatever, are only awarded if the law needs to be enforced via court order. So basically, they could conceivably continue the BS and have to be called out on it each and every time, at least how I understand it.

I emailed Nappen the second I got home and they wouldn't accept the original application. Haven't heard anything, and I'm not expecting to hear anything until probably Monday the 6th (damn you, holidaze!) Even if she does get the license, I'm not letting this go away. I'll OC my shotgun in the station when she goes to pick it up.

What I really don't understand about all of this is why they would ask you to supply information that is readily available to them. If they have any combination of your Name, DOB, Address etc they can look up anything about you in the computer including in most instances your DL picture. Seems like they are putting themselves in a bad situation for nothing.

What I really don't understand about all of this is why they would ask you to supply information that is readily available to them. If they have any combination of your Name, DOB, Address etc they can look up anything about you in the computer including in most instances your DL picture. Seems like they are putting themselves in a bad situation for nothing.
This is pretty much the reason:
hurdles-large-1.jpg

That is not entirely true. Many people around the US have similar/the same name. My wife and another woman have the same name. That lady is a felon out of Arizona or NM. Also, NH allows for you to not have your picture or SSN stored in the DL database. http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/forms/documents/dsmv450.pdf See the optional section in the .pdf above.

I just renewed my license in Manchester NH before I read this and they are making photo copies of drivers licenses there. I would have said no if I had read this thread before i applied. I wonder if I should ask for the copy back when I go to pick it up?

Does anyone know Sam Cohen of PGNH? I'm starting to wonder if this ID issue came about when the Adm. rules for non res, restricted home license/permit were changed a few months ago.
I'm going to give a call there to see what is up.

Does anyone know Sam Cohen of PGNH? I'm starting to wonder if this ID issue came about when the Adm. rules for non res, restricted home license/permit were changed a few months ago.
I'm going to give a call there to see what is up.

A friend of mine said that Dover photocopied his ID when he applied a few years ago. This is new info to me (as of yesterday) so I'm gonna go down there to see whats up. Last year Barrington was fine when I renewed. Lee, NH was fine as well as my roommate applied with no issues earlier this summer. I'm still gonna stop by Lee as well at some point.

I thought you had to show proof of residency, both to get NH ccw and to verify jurisdiction of the issuing authority.

I just sent an email over to PGNH. I will follow up with a phone call early next week. Section II of RSA 159:6 states "II. No photograph or fingerprint shall be required or used as a basis to grant, deny, or renew a license to carry for a resident or nonresident, unless requested by the applicant." Based on NH law, this ID problem needs to stop and all copies of ID's out there must be destroyed.

That is not entirely true. Many people around the US have similar/the same name. My wife and another woman have the same name. That lady is a felon out of Arizona or NM. Also, NH allows for you to not have your picture or SSN stored in the DL database. http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/forms/documents/dsmv450.pdf See the optional section in the .pdf above.
Name DOB and address are all on the required form if I remember. Unless you have a real common name the chances of someone having the same name and DOB living in the same town are fairly slim I would think.

I just renewed my license in Manchester NH before I read this and they are making photo copies of drivers licenses there. I would have said no if I had read this thread before i applied. I wonder if I should ask for the copy back when I go to pick it up?

Do it. Ask for it back. If you want, I'll go there with you and read them the riot act on this in person. This shit needs to stop. Now. The only way to make it stop is if we are proactive and make it known that they are violating the law.

What we need is a way to penalize the CoP's from breaking this law. The only penalty is when someone wins a lawsuit and it is not much money typically. Maybe the law should be changed to have the CoP's police license or certification suspended for a period of time in addition to the financial penalty.

ETA: I'm pm'ing Design to see how feasible this is and or if there is a better way of achieving the goal of forcing CoP's to comply with the law.

Just got my response email from my state rep, Nancy Stiles

Jonathan,
I have spoken with the Chief and he tells me that if you and your wife (the applicant and needs to be present) contact him he would be happy to review the application and try to work things out with you. Hope this helps. You can contact the chief at 468-4303. If his assistant should answer tell her that the chief advised that you contact him.

Nancy F. Stiles
Senate District 24
603 271-6933

We'll be calling the CoP and setting up a meeting.

Just got my response email from my state rep, Nancy Stiles

We'll be calling the CoP and setting up a meeting.

Holy shit! Your state reps actually acknowledge you and treat you like a human being? That concept is so foreign to me.

Well at least now the CoP can't deny ever getting the application.

Back
Top Bottom