• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hampton, NH PD Bullsh*t Pistol License

I'm glad she emailed you back. I think you should respond again thanking her for contacting the Chief, and then asking if she can contact him again and just ask him and his department to following existing law, and declining a meeting. I wonder if you did that if you would hear back from her again...

Hi everyone. I'm cyberlogicx's wife and the one all this bullshit is hitting. I'm not much into guns yet-though I love my 1911 and am trying to learn-but I can read what the laws are and am incensed that Hampton P.D. took it upon themselves to ignore what is on the little sheet of paper they hand out with the application (they handed me a list of laws...obviously written out). Not to mention refusing to take my application or money while ignoring my husband pointing out where they were wrong.

Anyway, I've been reading along with everything and have to thank those of you who have shown so much support. I'm actually very quite pregnant at the moment, so I don't want to put tons of stress on myself and baby by tackling it alone-or just with my somewhat hot headed husband who I really don't want to see slammed on the ground or worse for open carrying a rifle...he's lucky like that....

So yes, thanks, and I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot. I'm just nervous and a newbie to pushing around cops and their tempers in order to do the right thing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

contact attorney Evan Nappen

What I really don't understand about all of this is why they would ask you to supply information that is readily available to them. If they have any combination of your Name, DOB, Address etc they can look up anything about you in the computer including in most instances your DL picture. Seems like they are putting themselves in a bad situation for nothing.

Not in NH. You can opt to have the RMV (or whatever it's called up here) to NOT keep your picture on file.

- - - Updated - - -

I just renewed my license in Manchester NH before I read this and they are making photo copies of drivers licenses there. I would have said no if I had read this thread before i applied. I wonder if I should ask for the copy back when I go to pick it up?

You should request that the photocopy be destroyed and then also see if there is an attorney who would take this to court.

Just got my response email from my state rep, Nancy Stiles

We'll be calling the CoP and setting up a meeting.

star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

There should be no need of a meeting.

I know there is no need for a meeting, but we will go to let him know that he has only one option. He will approve my wife's application, and we will be pursuing legal action to make sure no one else has this problem ever again.

****ing pigs think they can just make up their own rules and that us citizens will just bend over and take it. When we stand up, we will be heard. When enough of us are heard, they will realize the mistake they have made and exactly how much it will cost them. I want heads to roll, I want wallets and bank accounts to hurt, and I want every single LEO across the state to understand EXACTLY what happens when rights are trampled and laws are deliberately broken.

I know there is no need for a meeting, but we will go to let him know that he has only one option. He will approve my wife's application, and we will be pursuing legal action to make sure no one else has this problem ever again.

****ing pigs think they can just make up their own rules and that us citizens will just bend over and take it. When we stand up, we will be heard. When enough of us are heard, they will realize the mistake they have made and exactly how much it will cost them. I want heads to roll, I want wallets and bank accounts to hurt, and I want every single LEO across the state to understand EXACTLY what happens when rights are trampled and laws are deliberately broken.

He doesn't need to know. You turned in the application. He either will or will not comply with the law. Wait the 12 days or less. No need to even humor him in a meeting. There is no benefit for you to go, unless you genuinely think there just happened to be a misunderstanding or error that he is going to correct. That seems unlikely. You may actually talk yourself into a worse situation. Police corruption knows no bounds. I'm not going to a non-mandatory meeting and gambling they aren't corrupt.

But ultimately it is up to you. Good luck either way. I really do hope it works out. Maybe he will just issue your wife the license on the spot? That would be nice.

we need an NES bat signal in case you get protected and served

He doesn't need to know. You turned in the application. He either will or will not comply with the law. Wait the 12 days or less. No need to even humor him in a meeting. There is no benefit for you to go, unless you genuinely think there just happened to be a misunderstanding or error that he is going to correct. That seems unlikely. You may actually talk yourself into a worse situation. Police corruption knows no bounds. I'm not going to a non-mandatory meeting and gambling they aren't corrupt.

But ultimately it is up to you. Good luck either way. I really do hope it works out. Maybe he will just issue your wife the license on the spot? That would be nice.

If I do go, regardless of outcome, both my wife and I will be running video.

Just got my response email from my state rep, Nancy Stiles

Jonathan,
I have spoken with the Chief and he tells me that if you and your wife (the applicant and needs to be present) contact him he would be happy to review the application and try to work things out with you. Hope this helps. You can contact the chief at 468-4303. If his assistant should answer tell her that the chief advised that you contact him.

Nancy F. Stiles
Senate District 24
603 271-6933

We'll be calling the CoP and setting up a meeting.

Don't set up a meeting. A meeting for what purpose? There should be only two interactions with the issuing authority: Application submission, e.g. January 1, and license or letter of refusal on or before January 15.

If you do make contact, I would only do it over the phone. There's no need to travel again to the PD unless you forgot to sign the app or forgot to include all references, etc.

Not in NH. You can opt to have the RMV (or whatever it's called up here) to NOT keep your picture on file.

Even better: by default they do not retain your photo or SSN; you must opt-in to let them keep that info.

This happened to bite me in the butt. I got my NH temporary DL in August, then the original was lost in the mail. Since I didn't opt to let them keep my info, I can only get a replacement by appearing in person and showing all my ID again (minus the Texas DL that I surrendered, obviously). Trouble is, I was still in Texas until 12/30, so now I have to go to the DMV and take extra secondary ID documents.

It's worth it, though.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Archibald Stuart, Philadelphia (23 December 1791)

In the meeting I am sure he will try and talk you into the importance of the items they ask for in addition to RSA allowed items.

I wouldn't meet with them. Anything you say, can and will be used AGAINST you.

Holy shit! Your state reps actually acknowledge you and treat you like a human being? That concept is so foreign to me.

Well at least now the CoP can't deny ever getting the application.

It's pretty common here. Our reps get paid nothing (well next to nothing) and are not career politicians. They typically answer emails, letters and phone calls personally.

It would be nice to see them sweat but to be honest I really don't think you have a law suit. You don't have anything that proves they told you that you had to fill the extra paper out and unless I missed something you don't even really have proof you submitted the application. I think you would have a lot better case if you could find someone who recently got the license that was forced to fill out the extra paperwork.
Right now all you have is he said she said and that will get bounced out of court in a hurry. If you want to prove your point and make it hurt, find someone who actually did the extra form that was not required and convince them to go to court with you.

Where is the letter from Soloman? Sorry I am trying to entertain an 8 month old and a two year old...and be on NES

Here is the link:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...stol-License?p=3645890&viewfull=1#post3645890

It would be nice to see them sweat but to be honest I really don't think you have a law suit. You don't have anything that proves they told you that you had to fill the extra paper out and unless I missed something you don't even really have proof you submitted the application. I think you would have a lot better case if you could find someone who recently got the license that was forced to fill out the extra paperwork.
Right now all you have is he said she said and that will get bounced out of court in a hurry. If you want to prove your point and make it hurt, find someone who actually did the extra form that was not required and convince them to go to court with you.

Read my letter to the chief linked above. The law is crystal clear. The mere act of providing a secondary form demanding a photocopy of the drivers license is illegal. The fact that they refused to accept the application without the photocopies is just a bonus.

"if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made. " He wants you to go to a meeting and give him a reason. AKA, incriminate yourself on some arbitrary bullshit. Ignore him for 2 more weeks and then only let him talk to your lawyer. There is zero reason to have a sit down with someone who abuses their power.

You're obviously 1. oblivious to the facts 2. completely inept of NH law and 3. unable to read what I, and others have already written. Please stop, you aren't helping at all.

Back
Top Bottom