• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guy arrested for Large-Capacity Feeding Device - has LTC: Chemicals removed from South Hadley apartment complex

I believe H2O2 reactivity depends on the concentration of hydrogen peroxide
Mythbusters did an episode where the uses sulfuric acid and a "secret ingredient us experts are not going to tell you about" to dissolve a pig carcass in an episode replicating the body dissolved in bathtub scent in Breaking Bad. The "secret ingredient" was H2O2 (likely 30%). Google Pirhana Solution for details.

Mythbusters did an episode where the uses sulfuric acid and a "secret ingredient us experts are not going to tell you about" to dissolve a pig carcass in an episode replicating the body dissolved in bathtub scent in Breaking Bad. The "secret ingredient" was H2O2 (likely 30%). Google Pirhana Solution for details.
I’m on enough lists… lol

No charges over chemicals in South Hadley residence​

Still charged over "high capacity" mag.

Forbidden to own knives.

No charges over chemicals in South Hadley residence​

Still charged over "high capacity" mag.

Forbidden to own knives.

If the chemicals were not determined to be anything illegal, why the “chemistry lab” prohibition?

If the chemicals were not determined to be anything illegal, why the “chemistry lab” prohibition?
Because the judge can set any conditions he/she wants and defendant doesn't have tens of thousands to fight the restrictions. (Personally I would not be thrilled to live in a high density apartment building and discover my next door neighbor was running a chemistry lab. Guy a few houses down from me blew the front of his second story apartment off with his chemistry lab. He happened to be making bombs but a lab is a lab,,,)

BELCHERTOWN — A South Hadley man has been placed on probation for two years in connection with an incident in which police found an unsecured firearm and loaded magazines in his Riverboat Village home four months ago, the Northwestern district attorney’s office reported.

Paul C. Traficante, 34, faced two firearm-related charges after fire and police officials conducted a hazardous materials search of his apartment April 16 and discovered a propane tank and legal but potentially dangerous substances such as hydrogen peroxide, sulfuric acid and potassium nitrate. Investigators also found the unsecured firearm, ammunition and three loaded magazines.

Traficante was licensed to carry a firearm at the time and he was cooperative with police during the investigation, authorities said.

Appearing Thursday before Eastern Hampshire District Court Judge William Rooney, Traficante admitted to sufficient facts on the charge of improper storage of a firearm.

Rooney adopted the plea agreement jointly proposed by Assistant District Attorney Andrew Covington and Northampton defense attorney Thomas Kokonowksi by continuing the case without a finding of guilt and placing Traficante on supervised probation for two years. That means if he stays out of trouble with the law, he will not have a guilty finding on his record.

A charge of possession of a large-capacity feeding device was dismissed by the commonwealth.

Covington noted that while the chemicals and propane tank discovered in the apartment created a potential danger, there was no evidence that Traficante engaged in criminal conduct with the chemicals.

“We believe this disposition is in the interest of justice given the facts of the case, Mr. Traficante’s cooperation with the police, and his lack of record,” Covington said in a statement.

Rooney also set probation conditions that prohibit Traficante from being licensed to carry a firearm or possessing any type of firearms, ammunition, knives or swords.

Following Traficante’s arraignment, Covington said it appeared that he was using the chemicals to strip gold from computer keyboards. Police said the chemicals were destroyed at an offsite location.

The incident was investigated by South Hadley Police, Fire District 1, the state fire marshal’s office, the State Police Bomb Squad, the Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Division, Crime Scene Services, Fire and Explosion Investigations Section, the Department of Environmental Protection, and State Police detectives assigned to the district attorney’s office.

I wonder what would have happened if he had lawyered up immediately?

We believe this disposition is in the interest of justice given the facts of the case, Mr. Traficante’s cooperation with the police, and his lack of record,” Covington said in a statement.

Rooney also set probation conditions that prohibit Traficante from being licensed to carry a firearm or possessing any type of firearms, ammunition, knives or swords.

From DC vs Heller

Finally, the Supreme Court applied the Second Amendment, as newly interpreted, to the contested D.C. firearm regulations and concluded that they were unconstitutional.33 First, the Court declared that possessing weapons for self-defense is “central to the Second Amendment right,” yet D.C.’s handgun ban prohibited “an entire class of ‘arms’ that is overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose.” 34 Moreover, the handgun prohibition extended into the home, where, the Court added, “the need for defense of self, family, and property is most acute.” 35 Additionally, the requirement that firearms in the home be kept inoperable is unconstitutional because, the Court concluded, that requirement “makes it impossible for citizens to use them for the core lawful purpose of self-defense.” 36 Thus, the Court ruled that D.C.’s handgun ban could not survive under any level of scrutiny that a court typically would apply to a constitutional challenge of an enumerated right.37

Not clear whether or not there was a lawful search warrant issued, he let them in or they used exigent circumstances (missed it...have seen it thanks).

Personally, a locked door (for me) makes a firearm secure.

Hopefully the Bruen case causes the secured firearm rule to be relitigated in the State of Massachusetts.

Are scary smells enough these days to have you lose money and firearm rights for 2 years...apparently so.

Last edited:

We believe this disposition is in the interest of justice given the facts of the case, Mr. Traficante’s cooperation with the police, and his lack of record,” Covington said in a statement.

From DC vs Heller

Finally, the Supreme Court applied the Second Amendment, as newly interpreted, to the contested D.C. firearm regulations and concluded that they were unconstitutional.33 First, the Court declared that possessing weapons for self-defense is “central to the Second Amendment right,” yet D.C.’s handgun ban prohibited “an entire class of ‘arms’ that is overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose.” 34 Moreover, the handgun prohibition extended into the home, where, the Court added, “the need for defense of self, family, and property is most acute.” 35 Additionally, the requirement that firearms in the home be kept inoperable is unconstitutional because, the Court concluded, that requirement “makes it impossible for citizens to use them for the core lawful purpose of self-defense.” 36 Thus, the Court ruled that D.C.’s handgun ban could not survive under any level of scrutiny that a court typically would apply to a constitutional challenge of an enumerated right.37

Not clear whether or not there was a lawful search warrant issued, he let them in or they used exigent circumstances.

Hopefully the Bruen case causes the secured firearm rule to be relitigated in the State of Massachusetts.

Are scary smells enough these days to have you lose money and firearm rights for 2 years...apparently so.
Too bad Massachusetts doesn't care about SCOTUS or the Constitution at all. :mad:

From DC vs Heller

Not clear whether or not there was a lawful search warrant issued, he let them in or they used exigent circumstances.

Post 38 gives the circumstances on the search warrant and why it was issued.

Post 38 gives the circumstances on the search warrant and why it was issued.
Missed that one, thanks.

Wellness checks and "medical emergencies" while necessary in some cases has the ability to abuse the scope of the law and instigate legal issues.

They are my Kryptonite when they are abused by the system.

Last edited:
According to the MassLive article he had hydrogen peroxide, sulfuric acid and potassium nitrate.
uh oh, so he was cleaning a cut, clearing a clog and if he had that ultra dangerous "sugar" he was going to make a smoke bomb. Thank god he's off the streets!

I have hydrogen peroxide in my medicine cabinet. It’s also used to clean booboos.

the peroxide in your medicine cabinet is usually 3%. The stuff they only sell to hairdressers goes up to 12%. You can concentrate the stuff to the 35% or so where it starts getting dangerous, but the process involves a lot of loss, so you need to buy a lot of it, which draws attention. The 12% can be used to make PETN.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom