• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guy arrested for Large-Capacity Feeding Device - has LTC: Chemicals removed from South Hadley apartment complex

Reptile

NES Member
SOUTH HADLEY — A substantial emergency response to the Riverboat Village Apartments on Sunday afternoon resulted in the removal of “numerous noxious chemicals” and the arrest of a resident on weapons charges, police said.

South Hadley Police were called to assist Fire District 1 with the investigation of unknown chemical substances inside an apartment, Chief Jennifer Gundersen reported.

Numerous agencies were called in to assist, and officials seized a number of chemicals that were destroyed at an offsite location, police said. The report did not specify the nature of the chemicals.

Police also arrested Paul C. Traficante, 33, on charges of possession of a large-capacity feeding device and improper storage of a firearm.

Continues...

Just improper storage?

That means has has a LTC.

So, he has a LTC AND has charges for a large-capacity feeding device.

Just improper storage?

Does it? It may be that they didn't feel charging for the misdemeanor "in-home possession without a license" was worth the effort or would create an issue with the search.

Last edited:
I think he was cooking meth and they needed something to hold him on
100%

This is a bullsh*t charge to hold him for whatever these chemicals are.

The story is total sh*t. Gives ZERO information.

Who called? - a neighbor? - angry girlfriend?

Why that person called?

What chemicals did they find? -- they 100% tested the chemicals before destroying them, need to know what class substance they are.

A 6 year old can write a better news story than this.

As soon as you get caught running a meth lab you can be sure they will look hard for all kinds of things to charge you with, real or not. Then they will see what sticks in court.

The authorities did not show up on a tip or hunch that the guy had a post ban magazine, and happened to discover a meth lab. I am sure it was the other way around.

SOUTH HADLEY — A substantial emergency response to the Riverboat Village Apartments on Sunday afternoon resulted in the removal of “numerous noxious chemicals” and the arrest of a resident on weapons charges, police said.

South Hadley Police were called to assist Fire District 1 with the investigation of unknown chemical substances inside an apartment, Chief Jennifer Gundersen reported.

Numerous agencies were called in to assist, and officials seized a number of chemicals that were destroyed at an offsite location, police said. The report did not specify the nature of the chemicals.

Police also arrested Paul C. Traficante, 33, on charges of possession of a large-capacity feeding device and improper storage of a firearm.

Continues...

Just improper storage?

So, he has a LTC AND has charges for a large-capacity feeding device.

Potentially not true

Absence of unlawful possession charge doesn’t mean “has ltc”.

You can have gun arrests where the unlawful possession stuff gets dropped because they f***ed up part of the process. The article is pure dog shit so we don’t know which charge they tried to apply.

Pretty easy to drop an old ar or glock mag in the closet when the Poopoo are "searching"
This too.

Also, why wasn't the person charged with possession of the chemicals?

I know for a fact they test them, becuase I know someone that almost got in trouble for something similar and everything was tested. That is as much as I can share.

Potentially not true

Absence of unlawful possession charge doesn’t mean “has ltc”.

You can have gun arrests where the unlawful possession stuff gets dropped because they f***ed up part of the process.
article is shit so we don’t know which charge they tried to apply.
Love that the thread title assumes the person has an LTC. Trash click bait..

This too.

Also, why wasn't the person charged with possession of the chemicals?

I know for a fact they test them, becuase I know someone that almost got in trouble for something similar and everything was tested. That is as much as I can share.
What is the specific crime? The "gold recycling", if those are the appropriate chemicals, could completely undermine the obvious claims of "building a weapon of mass destruction.".

What is the specific crime? The "gold recycling", if those are the appropriate chemicals, could completely undermine the obvious claims of "building a weapon of mass destruction.".
We will never know with this horrible story.

Maybe the OP can dig around and find an actual story worthy of a thread.

Love that the thread title assumes the person has an LTC. Trash click bait..

Apparently according to the newer link, the guy does...

Western Mass News spoke with ADA Covington, who told us that Traficante did have a license to carry, but during their search of his apartment, they also discovered hydrogen peroxide, sulfuric acid, and potassium nitrate – chemicals he said were concerning. "

Of course even this other article still doesn't say which LCAFD charge he was actually charged with., the cops and the DA smell like theyre pulling a keystone cops routine on this one.

It's pretty obvious though that that the cops showed up and realized they had nothing to charge the guy with when it was found out he didn't have a meth lab or
drugs in there. So they went fishing beyond that. When they should have just talked to the guy and been like "while this isnt illegal, you need to make the smell go away or do these elsewhere, otherwise the BOH is going to get involved because of the fumes etc, blah blah" the average person would probably recognize they got a free bingo square and cease the activity.

OH NOES a guy has HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, some FERTILIZER (thats really what KNO3 is, at one level) and SULFURIC ACID (zomg! AKA the same shit thats in eveyr wet cell car battery on the planet) !!!!!!!! ZOMG pant shitting hysterics. [rofl]

Wtf in trouble for stripping gold from computer boards (that’s what triggered the investigation) there are real criminals to go after.
I agree there are bigger fish to fry

But don't do that shit inside either

The fumes or a mix up could kill a lot of people in a shitty apt building

Back
Top Bottom