• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns, Military Shells Seized From Cohasset Home

The idea would be that officers would have to pass to be qualified to make Ch 140 or 269 arrests :)

In that case, my statement absolutely stands!

Keep in mind that Glidden's book on C. 140 is 450+ pgs! Swatgig just published the gun laws with no annotations and it was 250 pgs and this was before the 2014 law with >100 "sections" added or changed in the law.

Sweet Jesus this post is so bootlicking it's hard to know where to begin.
"Its for the children" public safety/national security..... the age old cry of the oppressor..

Im sorry "we" dont need laws for "our" children..
I dont have kids, keep your kids out of other peoples homes. Everyone will be ok.

be stupid get your kids or guests killed there already dozens of laws to address it.

and if you think these safe storage laws prevent kids getting shot, you must love gun control as a way to prevent gun violence another total success story.

Sadly we need laws to keep people from leaving guns where a child that shouldn't be handling them can get their hands on them. Until people stop giving birth to idiots we will need laws for safe storage of firearms just like we need them for not leaving your kid in a car on a hot day. I do believe that if not for the storage law that there would be more people leaving loaded guns out where kids can access them. If you think it's your right to do just that and you have no responsibility to safely store firearms then we disagree.

That's cute but the laws have nothing to do with child safety at all, MA safe storage bullshit was cleverly designed to trap gun owners, it has nothing to do with idiots storing guns poorly around children. I would wager a majority of the people bagged in MA on "safe storage" violations don't even have children in their homes. You want a bullshit law to protect a child that doesn't exist? [rofl]

NH handles this issue a lot better- basically you can store your guns however you want, with the caveat that if a kid gets one of your guns, and does something stupid with it, you might be held legally responsible. Hold people responsible for BAD THINGS THAT ACTUALLY HAPPEN not "possibly maybe" bullshit.

-Mike

If that's the case help your relative take the collection to a gun store and sell them rather than let the PO PO confiscate.

Older folks with gradual, degenerative mental issues don't willingly surrender to their situation, or their property - it will ALWAYS become a nasty, bitter battle regardless. Having dealt-with ailing grandparents who couldn't comprehend their own battles with dementia and failing health, just the common-sense of taking the car keys away when people are too old and feeble to drive turns into a hate-filled holy war that splits families apart. Cops and doctors will, eventually, be called-in to these situations to play the role of 'heavy' when things need to be done. Sadly, this means that a lot of property will only be released via court-order, instead of garage sale. Grandpa's firearm collection will end-up getting confiscated, then sent to the foundry for melt-down disposal.

You were already told......Go pay your dues to moms damand action. You fit right in. You are a statist freedom hating twatwaffle. I do not have children.......**** you....And your opinion.....I have a front door. It's locked. Why does that law you love so much apply to everyone (it should not apply to anyone) how is my front door not enough to keep my guns safe. The laws you propose and support are rediculous. **** off and die.

No ,really how do you feel about it ? [wink]
Many people my age and older grew up with guns around the house, I mean like all over the house .
Open rack on the wall in the hallway , behind the kitchen door , sock drawer , night stand.
And I hope none of the sheep have a full bladder when they read this , SOME WERE LOADED !!
The horror , The humanity !
We kept them away from the one's too little to know better and shot them with the ones old enough to learn.
By some miracle most of us survived to adulthood.
And guess what? the politicians didn't have jack shit to do with it.
Amazing isn't it ?

No ,really how do you feel about it ? [wink]
Many people my age and older grew up with guns around the house, I mean like all over the house .
Open rack on the wall in the hallway , behind the kitchen door , sock drawer , night stand.
And I hope none of the sheep have a full bladder when they read this , SOME WERE LOADED !!
The horror , The humanity !
We kept them away from the one's too little to know better and shot them with the ones old enough to learn.
By some miracle most of us survived to adulthood.
And guess what? the politicians didn't have jack shit to do with it.
Amazing isn't it ?

Well I'm kind of the opposite. I have a safe for all my guns except for my bedroom gun. Having a safe or trigger locks is good advice that should not be required by a damn law.

Vast numbers more children are injured by chemicals stored poorly each year and there are no proposed laws on storage for those.......Why? Because soccer moms and pants wetters like the freedom hating twatwaffle we are quoting use these chemicals and they are considered by most to be household items. Not so with guns......They are scary you know!!!!

Things may have taken a bit of a turn if true (I was wondering what was up with the street sign in
the back of the pick up and if there's any relation to having the grave markers in his home).

Charges likely against Cohasset man who had 100 guns in home

Quigley said it is being investigated whether the shells possibly came from a former military ammunition depot that was inside what is now the Wompatuck State Park. The park is close to Stoddard’s home and he did not serve in the military, Quigley said.

“It’s not something you could buy in a store,” Quigley said. “The shells do have serial numbers. Hopefully the Navy will be able to track them back to where they came from.”

The police department will be meeting on Tuesday with members of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to examine the guns.

Also found inside Stoddard’s home during the search were several brass military, police and firefighter grave markers that were likely stolen from the graveyard across the street from his home, Quigley said.

“We haven’t had any complaints of them going missing recently. But he’s been holding onto these things for years and years,” Quigley said. “It’s all part of the investigation. We’re waiting to gather more information.”

The department will be looking to return the grave

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/2...against-cohasset-man-who-had-100-guns-in-home

lulz they are getting lit up on their FB page...even under the power outage post, people are posting about the generator they took from the guy's house[rofl]

They took it down...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1466219473420307&id=172140726161528

However, if you follow this link, it's still up with over 1.5k comments (last night, there were only a few hundred).

https://www.facebook.com/172140726161528/photos/pcb.1466219473420307/1466219300086991/?type=3

I'm guessing the reason one page is down, and another still up has some reason to do with the
way FaceBook caches pages?

Posters on ARFCOM were saying that comments were being deleted, if that's the case, heads should roll...

City of Beech Grove, police department shutting down Facebook pages amid deleted comments lawsuit

BEECH GROVE, Ind.– The City of Beech Grove and the Beech Grove Police Department announced Tuesday that they will shut down their official Facebook pages after a lawsuit was filed last week regarding deleted comments.

On June 29, The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed a lawsuit against the City of Beech Grove on behalf of two women who say their comments were removed from the police department’s Facebook page.

The ACLU says Kymberly Quick and Deborah Mays-Miller’s posts, which sometimes posed questions to the police department, may have been perceived as critical of the city and police.

“When a government entity opens up a space for public comment, it cannot regulate those comments based upon someone’s viewpoint,” said Jan Mensz, ACLU of Indiana staff attorney. “By giving itself unbridled discretion to determine what comments it deems acceptable, the City of Beech Grove has put all public speech on its social media sites at risk of further censorship.”

http://fox59.com/2016/07/05/city-of...facebook-pages-amid-deleted-comments-lawsuit/

Looks like they took it down...

https://www.facebook.com/Cohasset-Police-Department-Cohasset-MA-172140726161528

However, if you follow this link, it's still up with over 1.5k comments (last night, there were only a few hundred).

https://www.facebook.com/172140726161528/photos/pcb.1466219473420307/1466219300086991/?type=3

I'm guessing the reason one page is down, and another still up has some reason to do with the way FaceBook caches pages?

Posters on ARFCOM were saying that comments were being deleted, if that's the case, heads should roll...

http://fox59.com/2016/07/05/city-of...facebook-pages-amid-deleted-comments-lawsuit/

I gotta give it to the out of state members of ARFCOM...for hating this state so much, they are raising a decent amount of hell over this on the PD's FB lol

And as I just posted on ARFCOM, pretty pathetic you have a very good chance of successfully suing the PD for removing Facebook comments but not for the unconstitutional confiscation of firearms.

Last edited:
The firearms in the truck do not look very secure to me, did i miss where cops were exempted from secure storage laws?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I gotta give it to the out of state members of ARFCOM...for hating this state so much, they are raising a decent amount of hell over this on the PD's FB lol

And as I just posted on ARFCOM, pretty pathetic you have a very good chance of successfully suing the PD for removing Facebook comments but not for the unconstitutional confiscation of firearms.

LOL... I thought that avatar looked familer. [smile]

Time to start lighting up the local newspaper as well...

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/2...-against-cohasset-man-who-had-98-guns-in-home

Things may have taken a bit of a turn if true (I was wondering what was up with the street sign in
the back of the pick up and if there's any relation to having the grave markers in his home).

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/2...against-cohasset-man-who-had-100-guns-in-home

Sounds like he's a kelpto for signs and shit, but I really want to know more about the shells. You certainly can buy inert ones, and how did they know that these were live? Were they really live, or did they just freak out because the shells were scary looking?

Hell, this kind of shit is why I don't bring the pair of book ends my father made me when I was a child into this state. Inert grenades would certainly trigger a raid by the kopsh if anyone saw them, no matter that they were permanent mounted on big hunks of metal and wood.

Cracks me up how some of you guys immediately blame this shit on the cops. You think Cohasset PD actively went after this guy, but havent filed charges? Maybe, just maybe, it was brought to the PDs attention in some other fashion.

From the article, the police said he posed no danger to the public and they had not yet found he had done anything illegal yet they still pulled his license. Who should that be blamed on other than the COP or designated licensing authority?

If there is more to this, then I'd say it's piss poor reporting by the media. But based on the information in the article, it does make the police look bad for revoking his license without any reason.

From the article, the police said he posed no danger to the public and they had not yet found he had done anything illegal yet they still pulled his license. Who should that be blamed on other than the COP or designated licensing authority?
With all necessary disclaimers noting this comment is based solely on media reports....

If he did indeed have unsecured guns laying around the house he did, unfortunately, do something illegal.

But based on the information in the article, it does make the police look bad for revoking his license without any reason.
The reason is contained in MGL Chapter 140 Section 131L

Last edited:
As stated here before.......Assuming there are no other issues at play here (article would certainly have pointed out any threats to others from the old dude)......hell even the police state there was not threat........Why could the Leo's not just help the old guy out. "Sir are you aware of the storage laws in this state?......Let's make sure you get these in a closet and lock it up". Have a nice day.

If all that was at play here was storage why not just help him? But no.......Confiscate and let the old man deal with the court of public opinion. It's bullshit.

That's assuming there actually were guns left lying around in the first place. The article clearly states that they're trying to determine if he did anything criminal. Last time I checked, it was a crime to not obey the "safe storage" laws in this state. After searching the house would they still be trying to determine if he violated that particular law?

That's assuming there actually were guns left lying around in the first place. The article clearly states that they're trying to determine if he did anything criminal. Last time I checked, it was a crime to not obey the "safe storage" laws in this state. After searching the house would they still be trying to determine if he violated that particular law?

The Police Chief is quoted as saying:

“Charges are imminent. It’s just a matter of how many offenses he is charged with."

Wow. So here in NC, the only storage law is that no loaded gun can be accessible by a minor. Now, an unloaded gun with a box of ammo next to it is fine. People I know without kids have loaded firearms with the safeties off all over their homes. Heck, while house shopping, one house we walked into had a rifle in a corner in every room. My son, 8, couldn't get over it. He goes over to one and says "Hey, this is loaded! That's so cool!"

Of course the downside to our lack of storage laws is that the newspapers recount the deadly bloody massacres that occur down here on a daily basis. It's a damn good thing that the population is rising 20% a year due to migration from the north. We have to replace all the dead people who had loaded guns around when they just suddenly go off and kill them in their sleep.

I feel so badly for MA. Only now, having lived here for 6 months am I starting to feel the freedom. My friends down here often look sideways at me when I do something that only MA libtard laws require.

If there is more to this, then I'd say it's piss poor reporting by the media. But based on the information in the article, it does make the police look bad for revoking his license without any reason.

Arent you just somewhat curious as to the guys whereabouts and health status? The license could have been pulled for a multitude of reasons, from "because I said so" to the guys mental health status.

Piss poor reporting by the media is pretty much a given, and I would venture a guess that the media knows the homeowners whereabouts and arent saying. Id like to think that if the guy was not incapacitated in some way, hed be vocal about the goings on. Reporters would be knocking on his door shoving microphones in his face etc.

The first thing any competent attorney is going to tell hims is STFU until the charges are resolved.

Yup. When the PO PO is dead set on arresting you or confiscation your shit......Arguing with them is NOT going to change their mind.

Conversations you will never hear:

1.cop.... Sir your under arrest for improper storage of fire arms turn around hands behind d your back

2. Home owner....**** you pig you have no right to confiscate my guns and this law is bullshit

3. Cop.....Your right sir I don't and that law is very bad I'm sorry have a nice day

Last edited:
Arent you just somewhat curious as to the guys whereabouts and health status? The license could have been pulled for a multitude of reasons, from "because I said so" to the guys mental health status.

Piss poor reporting by the media is pretty much a given, and I would venture a guess that the media knows the homeowners whereabouts and arent saying. Id like to think that if the guy was not incapacitated in some way, hed be vocal about the goings on. Reporters would be knocking on his door shoving microphones in his face etc.

I'm curious about a lot of things, but the only "facts" I can base an opinion off of are what is reported, whether it's accurate, exaggerated, fabricated, or whatever. Reading the article in the OP, the first thing a good journalist would have asked is whether or not any unsecured firearms were actually found at the house, and regardless of the answer to that question, followed up with a question about why they're trying to determine if he had done anything criminal here (either they were unsecured and he had, or they were secured and he hadn't). His health (particularly his mental health) didn't really cross my mind because it was made clear that they didn't consider him a danger. The way the OP article is written, it draws the scenario of 1. Police receive tip about unsecured firearms; 2. Police seize firearms from house and revoke owner's LTC; 3. Police determine man poses no danger to anyone and then try to decide if owner broke any laws. It probably is piss poor reporting, but it makes it sound like the police overreacted and then are trying to find something to charge him with just so they don't look dumb.

Subsequent articles say that police found unsecured firearms in the home. How accurate that reporting is remains to be seen, but if that information was included in the original article, it makes the entire situation look a lot different (whether or not anyone agrees with that particular law).

Facebook comments are brutal.
Strangely enough, when I use my iPhone FB app to search for "cohasset police department" and click to read the page, FB app closes immediately. Not running, like crashed. It does not do this for any other search result click thru.

#tinfoilhat

My solution is simple - if I end up dead, wife is to tell Scrivener to invite all my friends over for a party where the friends will take all the gun stuff, Scriv will see to the paperwork, and they are to be told to leave the reloading room spotless. I do hope they patch the workbench holes where the presses are mounted.

Rob, you really need to go shopping. [laugh] Some people will need cranes and a bunch of lorries to carry all the crap out. [laugh]

All the weapons are out of the house, the neighborhood is safe,” Quigley said. “There wasn’t any imminent threat, but someone with that type of armament we want to make sure everything is properly stored.”

[rolleyes]

Sounds like he's a kelpto for signs and shit, but I really want to know more about the shells. You certainly can buy inert ones, and how did they know that these were live? Were they really live, or did they just freak out because the shells were scary looking?

Hell, this kind of shit is why I don't bring the pair of book ends my father made me when I was a child into this state. Inert grenades would certainly trigger a raid by the kopsh if anyone saw them, no matter that they were permanent mounted on big hunks of metal and wood.

Updated report claims the shells "had gunpowder inside".

What that means, I have no ****ing idea. Do "military-grade ordnance shells" use high explosives such as TNT, Semtex, etc,
or do some use "gun powder"?

Was he somehow trying to reactivate inert shells with garden variety reloading powder?

A total of 98 guns, including shotguns, rifles and pistols, were seized, along with the military-grade ordnance shells and cases of ammunition, police said. Most of the items were improperly stored, strewn about his home, police said.

the number of firearms keeps changing too; first it was "two dozen", then 100, now it's 98.

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/2...-against-cohasset-man-who-had-98-guns-in-home

Facebook comments are brutal.
Strangely enough, when I use my iPhone FB app to search for "cohasset police department" and click to read the page, FB app closes immediately. Not running, like crashed. It does not do this for any other search result click thru.

#tinfoilhat

Somethings all ****ed up with that site.

I don't know if it's because of all the hits it's taking, the person in charge of it keeps changing it or what.

One thing is for certain, the story has been removed from their home page

From 04/17/17

https://archive.is/FwXYL

Current page...

https://www.facebook.com/Cohasset-Police-Department-Cohasset-MA-172140726161528/

[rofl]

sIGa8mj.jpg

62zW3uU.jpg

dyWI3LQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom