Guns, Military Shells Seized From Cohasset Home

If this man did indeed steal grave markers, then screw him.
True, but the existence of the markers proves little.

I knew some people who found a tombstone in their back yard. Had been there for ages, square, face down. Looked like a paving stone until it was pulled up. Police were called, they took the stone, and they never heard anything further.

If this man did indeed steal grave markers, then screw him.

I agree, stealing grave markers is a dick, sleaze ball move, but it's not something that I would get worked up over
enough to yank his LTC and confiscate his property over.

However, the stolen property was only found out because a tax collector decided to snoop around and saw unsecured firearms through the window.

That's why I questioned the validity of the search warrant.

A town official/employee, working in his assigned capacity, wandering around the guys yard (with
or without permission), happens to peer into the window, sees all those 'improperly stored' firearms,
and reports it to the police.

Did he/she exceed what is and what isn't allowed in the performance of those duties?

I'm aware there are evidence rulings regarding 'in plain sight', which has me wondering if the assessor just happened
to be strolling by the window and saw the stuff, or was he not minding his own ****ing business Gladys Kravitz style?

Even if he CWOFs out on all charges to avoid federal PP status (not sure about the sentences for stealing, but storage law violation for "high cap" firearms is a misde-felony), I'm sure he'll never get his LTC/guns back because of suitability.

I wasn't aware of any high cap stuff being involved.

The suitability shit?

Yeah... the chief could pull that chicken shit stunt, but after all the boot ****ing the department got
from this incident, it probably wouldn't be a wise move to make.

Last edited:
Ill revise my statement. If he stole the grave items he's s scumbag of the first order. I would think if you bought one on the internet it wouldn't be weathered. Some people collect the weirdest shit.

I know of several people who replace their loved ones markers often and have given the old ones to anyone interested.

I agree, stealing grave markers is a dick, sleaze ball move, but it's not something that I would get worked up over
enough to yank his LTC and confiscate his property over.

That's why I questioned the validity of the search warrant.

A town official/employee, working in his assigned capacity, wandering around the guys yard (with
or without permission), happens to peer into the window, sees all those 'improperly stored' firearms,
and reports it to the police.

Did he/she exceed what is and what isn't allowed in the performance of those duties?

I'm aware there are evidence rulings regarding 'in plain sight', which has me wondering if the assessor just happened
to be strolling by the window and saw the stuff, or was he not minding his own ****ing business Gladys Kravitz style?

I wasn't aware of any high cap stuff being involved.

The suitability shit?

Yeah... the chief could pull that chicken shit stunt, but after all the boot ****ing the department got
from this incident, it probably wouldn't be a wise move to make.

Tax assessor gave my wife serious attitude for not letting him in. My wife said what ever have a nice day..

Tax assessor gave my wife serious attitude for not letting him in. My wife said what ever have a nice day..

First job right out of the Army was working for the assessors dept in Needham.

I wasn't an assessor, all I/we did (there were 3 of us), was take copies of property records of home owners to verify
any changes or updates, go to their homes, knock on their door, if someone was there we'd show them the copies
and ask them if it was accurate.

We were not allowed to ask or enter the premises even if invited in.

If no one was home, we would walk around the property and note any changes.

For the short time I was there, probably the most exciting thing that happened was wandering
around someones backyard and they were raising bees. [smile]

He's got no business peeping into people's windows. What if there were children in that house? How many other houses has this guy done this with? Is he doing it right now?

What if this guy took them out that day and was taking inventory photos or cleaning them or something and wasn't "storing" them...grave stones could be replicas but if he stole them then screw him...street sign was old and doesn't meet MA regulations for street signs, he probably asked the town if he could have it when they were replacing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if this guy took them out that day and was taking inventory photos or cleaning them or something and wasn't "storing" them...grave stones could be replicas but if he stole them then screw him...street sign was old and doesn't meet MA regulations for street signs, he probably asked the town if he could have it when they were replacing it

Ya IF he stole him then he's a dink. That still doesn't justify raiding his home and confiscating his property though. Charge him for stealing the grave stones. The grave stones that they never would have known about if they hadn't decided to raid his house on some BS "warrant". Step out of line, you done effd up. Thats it we're sending the swat team.

The Constitution loving 'Murican part of me would love to see a court decide that tax assessor (and I'll readily admit upfront that I'm making assumptions based on third hand info) was an agent of the government entering a private space on a quest for evidence. That he had no lawful presence, and that the firearms were not readily apparent as contraband.

I don't expect to see that, mostly because I'm skeptical it all went down as reported. Tax man was creeping on dude's house and spying through windows, saw guns, called PD, they wrote a warrant with "tax guy was trying to see 65YOM nekkid, saw scary looking guns, based on my training and experience guns are scary and unlawful to possess in any manner in Maura's Kingdom." Kicked down door, shot dog, threw flash bang in the crib, haul away bad man. Just seems like there's probably something else to it.

i expect everyone dies that once and a while, empty the safe, lay everything out in a neat order, get naked...

I don't know what you would officially call it, but isn't peeping an actual offence?
The terminology depends on who is doing the act. If a public official does it, it is "looking", "inspecting" or "assessing". If you do it, its peeping.

Similarly, if you take a round wooden dowel and repeatedly hit someone with it, it is either "assault with a deadly weapon", "a beating" or "bludgeoning". If a cop does it, the term becomes "wielding a baton".

This happened a few hundred yards from me. We were friends as kids. So I forgot more than I remember and my recollection is.. The markers might be his Uncles , his dads, and his best friend.

The terminology depends on who is doing the act. If a public official does it, it is "looking", "inspecting" or "assessing". If you do it, its peeping.

Similarly, if you take a round wooden dowel and repeatedly hit someone with it, it is either "assault with a deadly weapon", "a beating" or "bludgeoning". If a cop does it, the term becomes "wielding a baton".

Do they have that authority ?
Even PD can't randomly go peering into widows as far as I understand.
Not being a lawyer, I thought evidence gained by illegal means is no good.
I mean shit , why don't they have the guy just wander all over town with a camera and a ladder to see if anyone is violating any other laws if this is legit ?
The whole thing reeks.

Do they have that authority ?
Even PD can't randomly go peering into widows as far as I understand.
Not being a lawyer, I thought evidence gained by illegal means is no good.
I mean shit , why don't they have the guy just wander all over town with a camera and a ladder to see if anyone is violating any other laws if this is legit ?
The whole thing reeks.

Reminds me of the guy they have in Hopkinton that goes through your trash to make sure you're recycling. At least that, though really shitty, is questionably legal.

This happened a few hundred yards from me. We were friends as kids. So I forgot more than I remember and my recollection is.. The markers might be his Uncles , his dads, and his best friend.

I highly doubt this 65 YOM ready for retirement deserves ANY of the persecution guilty before innocence, confiscate the guys property and lifetime prized collection, lock em up and throw away the key BS media hyped mentality.

Does the guy have any past criminal history for Christ sake?
I think the Town of Cohasset should be ashamed.

All should call and email the Towns state legislators. Maybe the arf crowd will unleash.

Reminds me of the guy they have in Hopkinton that goes through your trash to make sure you're recycling. At least that, though really shitty, is questionably legal.

h27RdNK.jpg

Details, please.

h27RdNK.jpg

Details, please.

Details on the legality of rooting through the trash, or the guy from the town that does it?

Legally, there's no real expectation of privacy there, and being out on the road for pickup it's not necessarily trespassing.

As for the guy, my gf's father actually caught the guy going through his trash before the garbage truck came through. Said he was from the town, had some sort of paperwork or something showing that. Apparently they will search through the trash if they suspect you of not recycling. My understanding is you then get a fine from the town if they decide you have too many recyclables in your trash. Apparently one of the neighbors was a particularly reluctant recycler, prompting the trash inspection that morning.

Details on the legality of rooting through the trash, or the guy from the town that does it?

Legally, there's no real expectation of privacy there, and being out on the road for pickup it's not necessarily trespassing.

As for the guy, my gf's father actually caught the guy going through his trash before the garbage truck came through. Said he was from the town, had some sort of paperwork or something showing that. Apparently they will search through the trash if they suspect you of not recycling. My understanding is you then get a fine from the town if they decide you have too many recyclables in your trash. Apparently one of the neighbors was a particularly reluctant recycler, prompting the trash inspection that morning.

Dude.

"Legally theres no real expectation of privacy there, and being out on the road for pickup its not necessarily tresspassing"

Zero expectation of privacy once its off your property

It is not tresspassing once its off your property.

It seems by the way youve worded it that you feel this is a gray area, if Im incorrect, I apologize.

If I had to deal with that I'd take a dump in a paper bag and leave it right on top of the trash before rolling the trash can out. That'd stop that stupidity pretty fast. [rofl]

-Mike

If I had to deal with that I'd take a dump in a paper bag and leave it right on top of the trash before rolling the trash can out. That'd stop that stupidity pretty fast. [rofl]

-Mike

Don't neglect the guy's keys and wife!

I've seen a search warrant signed by a judge becuse a shell casing was visible in a car parked on a college campus .... despite the fact that carry on one's person is banned but storage in a car on campus is legal. The judge accepted the police declaration storage of a gun in a car was a crime, and issued warrant based on credible evidence the person might be engaging in legal activity (the driver was known to have an LTC).

Interesting scenario. What was the outcome though? Was an arrest made? I would think that even if the police tried to charge him with a crime, even a dime store public defender could get that thrown out if he was a valid LTC holder not seen engaging in any nefarious activity.

The thing I find amazing in this story is the unbelievably low bar it takes to get a search warrant to go into the guys house. I mean at that rate, any moonbat neighbor could call the cops and say 'hey my neighbor has guns and he/she just leaves them lying around in the house' and just like that the cops will find a moonbat judge to sign a search warrant, cause gunzzz. Then the guns are gone and the cops would be looking for even the slightest example of fail so they can show off the table full of rifles (and bullets) they captured for the idiotic press.

Dude.

"Legally theres no real expectation of privacy there, and being out on the road for pickup its not necessarily tresspassing"

Zero expectation of privacy once its off your property

It is not tresspassing once its off your property.

It seems by the way youve worded it that you feel this is a gray area, if Im incorrect, I apologize.

It's a gray area because it hasn't been picked up yet, therefore it's still technically sitting on his property.

Back
Top Bottom