Guns I'd like to see made

Not a revolver guy, but do they make any that the cylinder can be replaced while actively shooting, magazine style

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Remington Model 1858.

It's a percussion revolver, but it utilizes the idea you posted.

Polymer Garand with a quad rail and an integral Bodyguard laser
Single stack .32 striker-fired assault revolver with external safety (for the children)
Bolt action 9mm Glock with holographic grips
Multi-caliber wheel gun, progressing from .22 to .50, gets more real with every pull of the trigger
50 BMG takedown model with logo backpack, zippered pockets for extra ammo cans

And of course

Plasma rifle in the 40 megawatt range.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

It had to be said.

Like someone mentioned, a semi auto 17hmr would be fun. Of course here in Massachusetts we'd be stuck with 10 round mags. Still though, it'd be a fun rifle.

I'd love to see Saiga or Vepr variants in 9mm or 22lr that can be easily converted once here in the states the way their other rifles are. I know they're already in Russia.

can we add some justifications to the hypothetical wishes? I don't get it, what would be cool about semi-auto 17hmr? It's about the same caliber as 223, so you can vary power. Ammo is not that dramatically cheap.

striker fired FNX tactical in 9mm

648420_01_fn_fnx_45_tactical__640.jpg

or even better a glock 34 that comes with a threaded barrel and a slide milled for a rds from the factory

Last edited:
can we add some justifications to the hypothetical wishes? I don't get it, what would be cool about semi-auto 17hmr? It's about the same caliber as 223, so you can vary power. Ammo is not that dramatically cheap.

A 17hmr semi-auto pistol, like a Ruger SR22. Not a rifle.

This isn't exactly on topic, but it just popped in my head when i read it. After all this BS the past year and a half with the ammo shortage and price gouging, i've learned that the cheapest ammo is the first to go and the first to be gouged. I honestly don't see the benefits of "cheap" ammo anymore. 22lr is still difficult to find. Rest assured, the next school or mall shooting, and 22 will be gone first. The great idea of everyone shooting 22 during the Ammo shortage backfired on everyone.

Make sure you buy a metric shit ton of ammo before the 2016 elections... If you thought things were bad when obummer got in, just wait until hilary gets in... [shocked]

As Boris asked, to add justification to what I want.

A bolt action 6.5mm Grendel would be an amazing little hunting rifle. As I would be able to wring out everything that cartridge can do in a sporty scout platform. My ar is good, but that little bolt gun would be so much better. A little short action bolt gun that runs all over a .308 is awesome. And I already load for it.

I do know I could rebarrel a Remington mini Mauser from 7.62x39 to 6.5 gren, if I could find one. But that's not the point. I want one already done.

This isn't exactly on topic, but it just popped in my head when i read it. After all this BS the past year and a half with the ammo shortage and price gouging, i've learned that the cheapest ammo is the first to go and the first to be gouged. I honestly don't see the benefits of "cheap" ammo anymore. 22lr is still difficult to find. Rest assured, the next school or mall shooting, and 22 will be gone first. The great idea of everyone shooting 22 during the Ammo shortage backfired on everyone.

Who cares? Just don't shoot it. Actually I think the shortage was driven by three things...

-The HUGE proliferation of new shooters since sandy hook- all being told by retards "buy a .22 as your first gun" - so guess what, all these people went out and bought .22s... = huge demand

-The HUGE proliferation of new firearms chambered in .22 LR. Ruger's SR22 pistol, new 10/22 takedown.... M&P 15-22s, and all those GSG MP5 lookalike clone things.... all those guns have been flying off the shelves in the past few years... well, eventually that is going to catch up to the ammo that feeds them.

-(some of what you are getting at) - The retardo price spike in other kinds of ammo; leading to some weird retardo mentality of "oh I'll just shoot .22 then till the prices come back down" yeah good luck with that.

-Mike

I want to see more rifles/firearms with electronic ignition, i.e. primerless. The biggest problem with rimfire is its inability to reload it. For centerfire, primers still need to be bought. For 50 BMG they can go to 40 cents a piece. The rest, i.e. bullets and powder can be made. It's not exactly a battlefield problem, but for survival flintlock or a decent electronic ignition system could live on despite all shortages.

Ruger SR1911 both the 5" and CMD lengths in 9mm,

A Ruger LCR in 9mm, but rated for +P,

A Ruger SR22 in .22WMR,

A Ruger SR22 "NRA Special Edition"

Last edited:
I would like to see a medium frame 2 in barreled five shot revolver in 45 ACP set up for full moon clips. All stainless with a weight of about 25 to 28 oz. to handle the recoil so that you could shoot more than a few rounds st a time. The market is there because Charter Arms has been successfully marketing the 44 Bulldog for many years and the Bulldog has not been given great reviews (QC). A quality made 45 revolver should be well received. I'm surprised S&W hasn't offered something in this design.

I would like to see a medium frame 2 in barreled five shot revolver in 45 ACP set up for full moon clips. All stainless with a weight of about 25 to 28 oz. to handle the recoil so that you could shoot more than a few rounds st a time. The market is there because Charter Arms has been successfully marketing the 44 Bulldog for many years and the Bulldog has not been given great reviews (QC). A quality made 45 revolver should be well received. I'm surprised S&W hasn't offered something in this design.

The governor kinda like that.

What was the .45 acp pistol they made when they couldn't make 1911's fast enough. I know after ww2 you could buy rimmed .45acp for it .

Back
Top Bottom