• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns I'd like to see made

Ruger LCR in .327 Mag? Supposed .38+P performance with mild recoil, 6 rounds? Able to use .32H&R and down in a lightweight pocket revolver.

And for crying out loud - would someone PLEASE put a magazine cutoff on a shotgun again? I have one on my '55 A-5 and it makes unloading the chamber in the field super easy, and reloading just as fast.

The 1911 7.62x25 conversion kits are only for 9mm 1911s, IIRC. Right now, bulk Tok ammo runs about the same price as non-corrosive factory ammo (PPU), so it's not really worth it to go for the old stuff anymore.

I would like to see a 5.56 Jungle Carbine- there was a great series on DIY versions in Shotgun News this past year. It'd be a great, handy little rifle.

A .38/.357 M1 Carbine as well. Heck, a 5.56 M1 Carbine while we're at it (I believe the Israelis made one for a short while). And since I'm wishing for military rifles in different calibers, how about a 7.62x54R M1A? A new .308 FN-49?

I'd also like to see more auto-caliber revolvers.

I agree on a modern 762x25, preferably a double stack all steel gun that holds a lot of rounds, and has nice sights.

I love the round but the tokarev pistol is not very confortable for extended shooting.

a Glock 1911 [smile]

1911glockaprilfools10001.jpg

I'd love a 1911 with a goverment length slide and an officer length grip. That would be one sexy looking and practical gun.

i'd like guns that arent regulated by our orwellian nationalist gubbamint

You're living in the wrong state... Plus, to a lesser extent (than being in the PRM) the wrong country. Although I don't know of a country that allows it's regular citizens to own any firearm they wish, without any restrictions at all.

sissy.... 20mm, a true "hand cannon"

True story...when I got out of the army, they were still used to putting .45 cal pistol on the dd214's. I corrected them that I qualified on the 9mm pistol, and it came back .9 caliber. I corrected them again, and now my official DD214 states that I am qualified on the 45mm pistol.

Its secret squirrel stuff...

sissy.... 20mm, a true "hand cannon"

Maybe as a second model. Get the bugs worked out dealing with 50 BMG first. A 20mm round is significantly larger in all dimensions. Although it's only the equal of a .787 caliber, so not a huge difference there. [rofl2]

The 1911 7.62x25 conversion kits are only for 9mm 1911s, IIRC. Right now, bulk Tok ammo runs about the same price as non-corrosive factory ammo (PPU), so it's not really worth it to go for the old stuff anymore.

I would like to see a 5.56 Jungle Carbine- there was a great series on DIY versions in Shotgun News this past year. It'd be a great, handy little rifle.

A .38/.357 M1 Carbine as well. Heck, a 5.56 M1 Carbine while we're at it (I believe the Israelis made one for a short while). And since I'm wishing for military rifles in different calibers, how about a 7.62x54R M1A? A new .308 FN-49?

I'd also like to see more auto-caliber revolvers.

Effectively, the Mini-14 is an M1 Carbine in 5.56...

You're living in the wrong state... Plus, to a lesser extent (than being in the PRM) the wrong country. Although I don't know of a country that allows it's regular citizens to own any firearm they wish, without any restrictions at all.

I agree- and I know what you mean....which is why I want free states to seceede from this horror show.

Wasn't the s&w 500 made so at one point they could use it as a base gun for 5.56 ? I swore I read that some where.

I've seen a single shot 50bmg pistol and ones that used a 1911 frame but that was more of a rest bed.

I'd like to see an updated version of the Gyrojet pistol. The idea behind the gun fascinates me, and as a handloader I think I'd enjoy working up loads for it.

I'd like to see an updated version of the Gyrojet pistol. The idea behind the gun fascinates me, and as a handloader I think I'd enjoy working up loads for it.

I thought they where really reloadable and unstable ? I love to see a pic of the ammo.

I'd love a 1911 in 50ae made I know the Lars grizzly looked like it .

A quality lever gun from Marlin again.

And/or a US made '92 lever gun, preferably under $1000.

A few other things that would require repealing the NFA, or at least allowing new stuff to be registered again.

a rifle caliber revolver....think 5.56, 7.62X54R or for shits and giggles a 12GA revolver.....

how about you guys?

This topic makes me sad, because if someone built a 7.62 x 54R revolver, the BATF would probably ban import of at least some of that ammo as "armor piercing". Also, a 12 gauge revolver would be an AOW or a DD right? (Handgun greater than 50 cal).

well base on the kick of my mosin, I don't think I would want to shoot a revolver capable of shooting a 7.62x54r unless it had was a heavy, long barreled revolver with one hell pf a muzzle brake.

Obrez

Not a revolver, but technically a hand gun.

[video=youtube_share;C9jScOyH7TM]http://youtu.be/C9jScOyH7TM[/video]

True story...when I got out of the army, they were still used to putting .45 cal pistol on the dd214's. I corrected them that I qualified on the 9mm pistol, and it came back .9 caliber. I corrected them again, and now my official DD214 states that I am qualified on the 45mm pistol.

Its secret squirrel stuff...

Shoulda ben like, .9cal is wrong, i never shot anything smaller the 1.00cal, just to see what happens

Back
Top Bottom