Guns I'd like to see made

This topic makes me sad, because if someone built a 7.62 x 54R revolver, the BATF would probably ban import of at least some of that ammo as "armor piercing". Also, a 12 gauge revolver would be an AOW or a DD right? (Handgun greater than 50 cal).

well base on the kick of my mosin, I don't think I would want to shoot a revolver capable of shooting a 7.62x54r unless it had was a heavy, long barreled revolver with one hell pf a muzzle brake.

I love love a 357 revolver w 4" barrel and 6-8 shot cylinder with the following features:

-Decocker similar to a sig
-Pic rail on underlug for light/laser

The reason for the decocker is I feel that decocking a loaded revolver is difficult to do 100% safely. I love the decocking mechanism of a sig. Wish someone would put one onto a revolver. The tac rail is obvious. It's one of the reasons I dropped all the $$ on a S&W TRR8.

I love love a 357 revolver w 4" barrel and 6-8 shot cylinder with the following features:

-Decocker similar to a sig
-Pic rail on underlug for light/laser

The reason for the decocker is I feel that decocking a loaded revolver is difficult to do 100% safely. I love the decocking mechanism of a sig. Wish someone would put one onto a revolver. The tac rail is obvious. It's one of the reasons I dropped all the $$ on a S&W TRR8.

Why do you cock a revolver if you don't intend to shoot it?

Why do you cock a revolver if you don't intend to shoot it?

because if it involves a cock I have to get involved.
hehe jk.
agree one shouldn't go single action without intent of shooting, but it happens. for example at range I once got something in my eye while i had gun cocked. wasn't really my "fault". I decocked it no problem but the advantage of a decocking lever is the hammer safety stays engaged while the hammer drops. With the trigger being pulled said safety is shutoff. I just think a decocker would be cool. A lot cooler than a stupid "key lock" or whatever crap S&W puts now.

This topic makes me sad, because if someone built a 7.62 x 54R revolver, the BATF would probably ban import of at least some of that ammo as "armor piercing". Also, a 12 gauge revolver would be an AOW or a DD right? (Handgun greater than 50 cal).

Modern day semi-auto in 7.62×25mm Tokarev.

The cartridge is in principle an enhanced Russian version of the 7.63×25mm Mauser. The Russians produced a wide array of loadings for this cartridge for use in submachine guns.[citation needed] These include armor-piercing, tracer, and incendiary rounds. This cartridge has excellent penetration and can easily defeat lighter ballistic vests (class I, IIA and II) as well as some kevlar helmets, such as the American PASGT helmet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62×25mm_Tokarev

By current definition... FMJ 7.62x25mm Tokarev is not classified as AP ammo.

How it performs beyond that (accuracy), I have no idea.

I have a CZ 52 that I bought via my C&R and it's hardly what I'd call a quality, well designed firearm.

I'd just like to see a newer, more modern platform manufactured just to enjoy watching the antis have a meltdown over it.[devil]

Modern day semi-auto in 7.62×25mm Tokarev.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62×25mm_Tokarev

By current definition... FMJ 7.62x25mm Tokarev is not classified as AP ammo.

How it performs beyond that (accuracy), I have no idea.

I have a CZ 52 that I bought via my C&R and it's hardly what I'd call a quality, well designed firearm.

I'd just like to see a newer, more modern platform manufactured just to enjoy watching the antis have a meltdown over it.[devil]

Aim was selling drop-in barrels to convert your 1911 government to fire 7.62x25.
unfortunately that move came too late. most cheap surplus 7.62x25 was already gone for almost a year and commercial stuff is difficult to find and not cheap. sadly no more cheap surplus showed up ever since

i can imagine if you really wanted something like that, it would be fairly easy to convert modern 45acp gun to shoot 7.62x25. modified mags new barrel and extractor would do the job i would think make it yourself or pay dollars to a gunsmith. it can be done

Last edited:
Agree the velocity on 7.62x25 is quite impressive.
i recently got my C&R so am shopping around for a tokarev

Aim was selling drop-in barrels to convert your 1911 government to fire 7.62x25.
unfortunately that move came too late. most cheap surplus 7.62x25 was already gone for almost a year and commercial stuff is difficult to find and not cheap. sadly no more cheap surplus showed up ever since

i can imagine if you really wanted something like that, it would be fairly easy to convert modern 45acp gun to shoot 7.62x25. modified mags new barrel and extractor would do the job i would think

Didn't know that.

Last time I was at the range with my CZ was about 8 years ago.

Hasn't left my gun room since.

If I had had the foresight back then... I would have stocked up (I probably have maybe 200 rounds left).

50BMG AK
1356517.jpg

although i probably would not buy one even if i could afford it.

Didn't know that.

Last time I was at the range with my CZ was about 8 years ago.

Hasn't left my gun room since.

If I had had the foresight back then... I would have stocked up (I probably have maybe 200 rounds left).

stuff is still available. there are still few places that sell polish or romanian surplus x25. it's not 11c/r as it used to be but it's still cheaper than commercial imports.

if you really like to shoot it you can reload it too. bullets can be found or lead cast. and 223/5.56 brass cut down and reformed easily to make unlimited (although not inexpensive) 7.62x25 for shooting enthusiast.

send me a PM and i can tell you where you can find 7.62x25 surplus in bulk if interested

Some sort of ban compliant black tacticool rifle that can feed from multiple magazines simultaneously and has something similar to the tac-con 3mr trigger or an integrated bumpfire system. It would absolutely be one of the worst guns ever, but can you imagine how the moonbats would react to it? [smile] Also in the vein of moonbat trolling, an AR lookalike with a black powder revlover action.

Some sort of ban compliant black tacticool rifle that can feed from multiple magazines simultaneously and has something similar to the tac-con 3mr trigger or an integrated bumpfire system. It would absolutely be one of the worst guns ever, but can you imagine how the moonbats would react to it? [smile] Also in the vein of moonbat trolling, an AR lookalike with a black powder revlover action.

Black powder AR: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2013/02/26/cmmg-50-caliber-muzzle-loading-ar15-upper/

Back
Top Bottom