Guns are a health problem now it seems

my girls had their annual. No questions and nothing on the questionnaire. I had to wait for my youngest so i could get her to dance on time. I was in the waiting room and they had the TV screen telling you all the hazards....

One ad came on was a picture of guns in a circle with a line through it. ..and the caption said "friends don't let friends own guns..." and I think I said out loud something like no effing friend is going to tell me what to own or not own... ..then I was like oops...one lady glanced over....not sure if the counter people heard me....lmao.

Oh well...stupid waiting rooms...

my girls had their annual. No questions and nothing on the questionnaire. I had to wait for my youngest so i could get her to dance on time. I was in the waiting room and they had the TV screen telling you all the hazards....

One ad came on was a picture of guns in a circle with a line through it. ..and the caption said "friends don't let friends own guns..." and I think I said out loud something like no effing friend is going to tell me what to own or not own... ..then I was like oops...one lady glanced over....not sure if the counter people heard me....lmao.

Give it time, the next phase is to give out a number where your friends can rat you out for owning one.

Have you ever read a bigger bunch of BS?

"We need to decide as a society what the appropriate balance is between protecting our individual freedoms and society as a whole," Wallace said. "As we make changes to protect society, we must sacrifice our individual freedoms. "

yeah no. I unsubscribe my consent to be governed if that's what these c*nts think this country is about.

I'd change the doctor. Why give your money to an anti?

I kind of agree with the title of the thread.

i own guns because there are some sick ****s out there. Look up the thread on here about the 2 shit heads that poured gas on a lady and threatened to light her on fire if she did not give up her arm card. That is pretty sick...and that's why I own guns.

I had a DR appointment today and was running late. Just before I headed into the front door (they're in a big hospital site) I realized I still had my carry gun on my belt. Didn't have time to go back to the truck. Big signs saying no weapons. Since I was, um, potentially going to be dropping trow, I yanked the gun off my belt and stuck it in my front pocket, holstered of course. Got into the exam room, waiting for the doctor, and noticed an American Rifleman on the side table. This doctor does NOT look like a gun owner but I felt much better anyway and everything went fine. I was thumbing through the mag when he came in to talk with me.

I think everybody on this forum needs to move south. We could call it "Formerly NEShooters who are now SEShooters and have had enough".

I had a DR appointment today and was running late. Just before I headed into the front door (they're in a big hospital site) I realized I still had my carry gun on my belt. Didn't have time to go back to the truck. Big signs saying no weapons. Since I was, um, potentially going to be dropping trow, I yanked the gun off my belt and stuck it in my front pocket, holstered of course. Got into the exam room, waiting for the doctor, and noticed an American Rifleman on the side table. This doctor does NOT look like a gun owner but I felt much better anyway and everything went fine. I was thumbing through the mag when he came in to talk with me.

I think everybody on this forum needs to move south. We could call it "Formerly NEShooters who are now SEShooters and have had enough".
So according to your opinion, we should just surrender and let the antis dictate what we should do. No thanks, I will exercise my constitutional rights.
Don't be a coward. Stand up.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Have you ever read a bigger bunch of BS?

"We need to decide as a society what the appropriate balance is between protecting our individual freedoms and society as a whole," Wallace said. "As we make changes to protect society, we must sacrifice our individual freedoms. "

Our "society" was built on individual freedom. Ergo - if you take away individual freedom you have no society to protect any more. Therefore what they are REALLY after is the destruction of society.

They're commies. Commies try to destroy societies because they believe it will bring their commie nirvana. Never mind that it's failed and failed miserably every single time it's been tried.

I'd ask the doctor why he thought that beatings and rapes and murder and genocide were healthy activities that people should be engaging in more of.

So according to your opinion, we should just surrender and let the antis dictate what we should do. No thanks, I will exercise my constitutional rights.
Don't be a coward. Stand up.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It was intended as a light hearted comment. Sorry to trample on your sensitivities.

Daughter has an appointment with new doctor today. Told my wife the answer to gun question is going to be negative. She told me we're not supposed to lie. She actually told a nurse on a life insurance physical that she smoked a cigarette once. She hates lies, even when warranted.

She saw how annoyed I got when she said we can't lie and I think she got the point. Might go double guns to the appointment just to subtly bust balls.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Daughter has an appointment with new doctor today. Told my wife the answer to gun question is going to be negative. She told me we're not supposed to lie. She actually told a nurse on a life insurance physical that she smoked a cigarette once. She hates lies, even when warranted.

She saw how annoyed I got when she said we can't lie and I think she got the point. Might go double guns to the appointment just to subtly bust balls.

so if you own several guns technically, you do not own a gun, so it is not lying.

Daughter has an appointment with new doctor today. Told my wife the answer to gun question is going to be negative. She told me we're not supposed to lie. She actually told a nurse on a life insurance physical that she smoked a cigarette once. She hates lies, even when warranted.She saw how annoyed I got when she said we can't lie and I think she got the point. Might go double guns to the appointment just to subtly bust balls.Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
haha! I laughed out loud at this.. My wife is exactly the same! Technicalities are your best friend, find them, exploit them! :DAre there any guns in the house? No (in the garage, not the house)Do you own any guns? No (husband bought them, so technically his) ..get the point? ;)

so if you own several guns technically, you do not own a gun, so it is not lying.

I think that there is a difference.

My Wife claims to have smoked a few packs of cigarettes as a teenager before I met her, so she's been answering "yes" to "did you smoke" medical questions. Somehow I don't think that is what they need or are looking for. If you smoked a few packs a week over a long period of time, yes it may lead to later health problems. But if you smoked a total of 3 packs of cigs in your lifetime, I seriously doubt that it could result in any ill effects. Yet a "yes" answer will screw you on life insurance, as all "yeses" are equal to major risk of shortened lives the way insurance companies look at things. Hell, we all inhaled a lot more than 3 packs of second-hand smoke since we lived thru the 50s-80s where smoke was in the air everywhere.

Didn't get the checklist that included the gun question and daughter didn't lose her mind getting blood taken. Wife didn't have to lie either. Solid doctors visit all around.

so all gun owners should no to answer in the negative when it comes to a doctor asking about firearms. that will be our new norm. So every gun owner you know pas sit on that we respond in the negative. screw them.
Spot on. I always answer "no" whenever the nurse practitioner in the doctor's office asks whether I keep firearms at home. None of their business.

Perhaps you should ask your wife if she knows how many times our politicians and bureaucrats have lied to us taxpayers. Not only lied but stole from us taxpayers as well!

There is no big push for us (NPs/MDs) to ask about guns. Many are liberals and simply do because of a combination of paranoia and trying to help people overall. Obama likely influences them over the media. Then there are folks like me that could care less UNLESS one states they want to hurt themselves or others. At that point it becomes an obligation to protect the public at large.

Back
Top Bottom