Gun Safe for Closet

Nobody said it but AgilePro makes a really nice safe you can put together with a 10mm (schwing) wrench and a couple hexkeys. Multiple sizes and you can bolt them together. Field and Stream is nice too. for small stuff. The best part about both is that they also come with keys so you don’t have to worry about batteries. Turn, unlock, and boogaloo!

In another thread (I lost it) they talked about the vendor giving up a digital pass code for the safe. And many of the cheapie biometrics open for anything. But wouldn't simply taking out the batteries disable all the electronic locks (maybe after the backup rundown time)? Doesn't that reduce the safe to key only usage? Okay for a safe, but maybe not for your defense weapon, but at least the pistol would be child proof.
Read up about Non Volatile Memory (NVRAM)

Nobody said it but AgilePro makes a really nice safe you can put together with a 10mm (schwing) wrench and a couple hexkeys. Multiple sizes and you can bolt them together. Field and Stream is nice too. for small stuff. The best part about both is that they also come with keys so you don’t have to worry about batteries. Turn, unlock, and boogaloo!
Beware any safe manufacturer that conveniently fails to list the gauge of steel used in the specifications. The weight hints that this is tin can grade - 12 or even 14 gauge.

But, but.... it is "military inspired" [rofl]

Last edited:
damn i need to send it to my wife. :)

i wonder how he opens that when house is cut from power.
I was thinking the sane thing. But soon realized anybody that is that clever must have a back up generator (or two).

Or it may be battery powered, like those stair chair lifts that still work when the power is out.

Ouch. American made stuff isn’t cheap. But at 140 lbs this is pretty much what I’m looking for
I have 2 of them. One of the I was able to get off amazon. I believe they stopped using amazon at some point shortly after I picked up the 1st one. Zero complaints about the units they do everything they need to do and are good quality.

the point wasn't to forget the digital codes completely, since the feds would just cut it open anyway, but to disable it 99% of the time, so your toddler or dog can't pawprint open the biometric lock.
On a properly designed decent quality lock, removing the batteries will not erase the codes. Removing the battery will on the electronic locks that run on battery power (the really top end ones run on a generator powered by the dial)

A standard interior door is 30" wide. The clear opening is probably just over 29". Measure the door to be sure and keep these numbers in mind when you go shopping. A security cabinet will meet the legal requirement and will be cheaper but a safe will provide greater resistance to theft if that's a consideration.

will be cheaper but a safe will provide greater resistance
after i saw at work how professional opens a safe - keys were lost - i am a firm believer into the cheapest simplest crappiest cabinets you can buy, as the only person who will suffer for life the complexity of opening that thing will be yourself only. :)

after i saw at work how professional opens a safe - keys were lost - i am a firm believer into the cheapest simplest crappiest cabinets you can buy, as the only person who will suffer for life the complexity of opening that thing will be yourself only. :)

With the simpletons in the RI State Legislature considering a "safe" storage law, I'm going with the above !!!! 😁

Back
Top Bottom