Gun Safe for Closet

Some nice stuff: this seems expensive. 6hrs old on CL Looks new in Hanson.

Just in case it fills a need , i'm in no way affiliated.
Good luck!

If you search CraigsList weekly you can spend that money elsewhere.
Current 1 weeks thread. There are many longarm safes given away just for your ability to take it.

People are always looking to get rid of them, many are open & well kept. Be patient.
Good luck!
"Ability to take it" is the operative phrase. At my age I'll pay for the safe and let them 'free' deliver it.

Hi,
I've put nearly 10+ similar varieties, DIY safe* projects up in last 8/10yrs plus. I hope someone here's benefited. I know of only 1 reply thats has made one similar project better than NIB. His recognition and ability to reused a "BIG NAME for the era" item for next to free. Just his professionalism, apparent fun and craftsmanship was astounding imo. Showed a just listed- 8/9/23 @12noon. Safe - free stuff
Better than NIB plastics MIC, but then the USAs masses agreed on that for MIJ plastics in the 70s.

Today the roads are filled with Toyotas, Lexuses and their followers as premiums USA options today.
I had a Corona, with #3 speeds on the column in 70s myself.
Aliens are now becoming legislatively mainstream. ;)
Hope someone can make use of it, whatever left of the safes abilites.
Life in these USAs.

Attachments

• TheMoreYouKnowLogo.jpeg
    TheMoreYouKnowLogo.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 2
FREEBIE 7 hours old in Somerville..........
Hope it helps a NES participant in search of secure storage......

FREEBIE 7 hours old in Somerville..........
Hope it helps a NES participant in search of secure storage......

Heres another, ITS 55minutes old. A Manchester by the sea Safe for FREE.

My connections via CL and 2-4hrs of work & transportation worked 10%, but still a FREE safe!!
Thats nothing to sneeze at vs. watching TV all afternoon. 9/10/23 @ 1:45pm
Good luck if you go for it!

Change the door knob on the closet for a deadbolt. Takes 2 minutes with a slotted screwdriver, and now you meet the "storage law"
This seems to be the best solution, simple and cost effective.

I wonder though if you would have to change the interior wood door to an exterior metal door to satisfy MA requirements???

I wonder though if you would have to change the interior wood door to an exterior metal door to satisfy MA requirements???
Except BEWARE! :oops: HD4420 is not dead and buried yet. ☹️ No locked rooms allowed if it passes. 🤔

In another thread (I lost it) they talked about the vendor giving up a digital pass code for the safe. And many of the cheapie biometrics open for anything. But wouldn't simply taking out the batteries disable all the electronic locks (maybe after the backup rundown time)? Doesn't that reduce the safe to key only usage? Okay for a safe, but maybe not for your defense weapon, but at least the pistol would be child proof.

Staying with this threads Gun Safe info.
30minutes ago I saw this notice of FREE GUN SAFE.
Nice....

Just remember. The ease that you moved the safe into your house under, is the same ease that a burglar can move it out.

My feeling on gun safes is that unless you want to build a solid, reinforced, steel and concrete vault with solid doors that can withstand jackhammers, burning bars, and torches, a determined burglar can get your stuff pretty easily.

The only lock you really need is a box that keeps the guns out of casual people's hands, including kids. The Stack On stuff does this fine.

I prefer to keep my mouth shut about what I own, keep it out of sight of anyone who comes into the house, and keep it locked enough so that some kid can't get into trouble with anything I own.

Barska Quick and Easy Access Biometric Rifle Firearm and Long Gun Safe for Home https://a.co/d/h0Hr17S

Bolt to your floor and wall, doesn’t take up much space, holds about 6 rifles plus handguns, etc.
Yikes! $715 for a cheap-Chinese electronic locking safe? I think the OP is trying to avoid this.

There is no specification except the approval for trigger locks that must be sold with guns.

It is clear that an TRTL60X6 qualifies and that the privacy lock on a bedroom does not. The cutoff on the security continuum is up to how badly the system wants to get you and how good a lawyer you can afford.

This is what I have sitting in my closet, and they're on sale. I got a gift card from one of my suppliers and I think I only paid $199 out the door.
They had them for $299 before christmas

Toolbox or Toybox 🤔

Just get something like this, tip it up, put it on blocks to get it off the floor for the door to swing, and bolt it down. Do fire-code or whatever inside.

Toolbox or Toybox 🤔

Just get something like this, tip it up, put it on blocks to get it off the floor for the door to swing, and bolt it down. Do fire-code or whatever inside.

Those construction gang boxes (as we called them) aren't the best either. They used to just pry the top up on those and cut the locking hook with a sawzall for total access.

Back
Top Bottom