Gun nut in fatigues films himself walking into Walmart carrying an assault rifle

Made quite the impression and definitely poured some gas on the anti 2A fire while pretending to support it.

That’s funny. I was thinking the same thing about many people in this thread.

Who would have thought that people on a firearms forum would be okay with converting the constitutionally protected activity of bearing arms into a crime, because it ‘scares people’. And claim that a person exercising the 2A actually makes them the anti! Bizzaro land.

That’s funny. I was thinking the same thing about many people in this thread.

Who would have thought that people on a firearms forum would be okay with converting the constitutionally protected activity of bearing arms into a crime, because it ‘scares people’. And claim that a person exercising the 2A actually makes them the anti! Bizzaro land.

I think I see the problem. Too many people are using the written laws and BoR as what determines if their actions are good or bad. And on top of that they isolate a single action from the rest of the world. Carrying a gun while you go about you normal daily activities, legal and depending on the overall circumstances OK. Carrying an AR, dressed tactical, at a Walmart days after a shooting at a Walmart, with the intent to cause and film a reaction, maybe legal (maybe not), but Wrong.

The world is not a 0 1 equation

No, the problem is opinions like that, in which people like you think that because you don’t agree with something someone does, that it’s wrong.

What someone is wearing, what they are carrying, when or where they carry, are irrelevant if you actually support the right to bear arms. They are obviously very relevant to people who don’t. And that’s a shame. I thought people on NES supported the second. I’ve been sadly mistaken.

No, the problem is opinions like that, in which people like you think that because you don’t agree with something someone does, that it’s wrong.

What someone is wearing, what they are carrying, when or where they carry, are irrelevant if you actually support the right to bear arms. They are obviously very relevant to people who don’t. And that’s a shame. I thought people on NES supported the second. I’ve been sadly mistaken.
Nope, I support the right to bear arms, it's what he did I don't support. If it had been a fake gun I'd still say he was stupid and what he did was wrong.

Again. you are trying to isolate one action from the actual totality of the situation.

He beared arms. So how does that work?
Are you being dense on purpose? He wasn't standing in his front yard with a rifle.

He was at a Walmart days after a mass shooting at a Walmart with the intention to create and film reactions. To cause this reaction he chose Walmart days after a mass shooting at a Walmart, dressed tactical, displaying a rifle, carried in a manner and of a type he knew would cause the biggest reaction.

IT'S WHAT HE DID! His actions.

Are you? What do you think the right to bear arms means?

Hint: It doesn’t mean only doing what you approve of.
I give up, you are unable to understand that it's a person's action beyond just carrying a gun, the totality of the situation.

The other mistake he made was going onto PRIVATE PROPERTY, where he has no 2A rights to attempt to use them.

If he was walking up and down the public sidewalk in front of WalMart, even if he had 20 guns on him, it would probably be a different story.... a "Terry Stop" and a quick conversation.

Anyone remember former NES member (iirc) Doobie? He used to walk all over the place with a gun in plain sight, and while he had some interaction with some departments, eventually they got the hint and when people called the cops on him they would ask " is he committing a crime" and if the answer was no, or "he is scary" they would have to tell the caller that since he was breaking no law they would not respond.

Last edited:
Hey, I never said he should be arrested. And since he was I definitely do not think he should be charged with terrorism (whatever that means, I have no clue anymore).

A case could easily be made that he disturbed the peace. And he undoubtedly did so intentionally. So I could completely understand a charge like that sticking.

There are way to many loud mouthed try hards who open carry rifles for the sole reason of getting negative attention for reasons. While not illegal, it is problematic because it makes people in the middle lose support for carrying. And it's very easy to understand why. Not to long ago here on NES (well, before you were a member, so long ago I guess) there was an unnamed try hard to who was doing some sort of open carry militia protest out west. NES was split on it. The guy was clearly a mall ninja out the ass, wasnt particularly well spoken and they were completely undermining and sort of progress to be made. He was involved in a deadly shooting and a murder shortly after. Not exactly the calibre of person anyone should stand behind right or wrong. More like avoid at all costs - is liability. Just like this moron.

Hey, thanks for your protest you idiot. Made quite the impression and definitely poured some gas on the anti 2A fire while pretending to support it. Another person on to much medication.
Right. Don’t exercise a right because it makes people uncomfortable.

Good on ya Dench.

Soon, you’ll have no rights because you gave them up because everyone gets offended when you exercise them.

Just about the most retarded post I’ve ever seen on NES. And we’ve had a shit ton of idiot posts.

So yeah, I’m in the minority. Everyone else wants this guy f***ed over for exercising his right to wear camp, open carry a rifle and shop.

Jeezum.

The other mistake he made was going onto PRIVATE PROPERTY, where he has no 2A rights to attempt to use them.

Wrong, but okay. It’s property that is open to public. They can tell him to leave if they want, but unless they do he’s just as free to carry inside as he is outside.

If he was walking up and down the public sidewalk in front of WalMart, even if he had 20 guns on him, it would probably be a different story.... a "Terry Stop" and a quick conversation.

Unfounded speculation, especially considering he was arrested outside as it was anyways. There is no legal distinction between walking around a store and walking on the sidewalk, unless he’s been trespassed.

This has been a WONDERFUL out yourself thread.

I hope to never have the occasion to ever have to count on so many to have my back.
You’re right. Many that say they support freedom just don’t. A little unsettling. But really, they never mattered and won’t matter going forward.

It is nice to know who the enemy is though. Out yourself threads are very good for that.

None of those actions caused harm to anyone, so they don’t matter. I don’t care that you don’t like them or think they are scary.

That is incorrect.

The harm he caused was to incite others and cause panic. Keep in mind "harm" doesn't have to be physical only, it can be psychological just as well.

Causing panic was his goal and he achieved it. Unfortunately that same goal is against the law in many states, including Missouri. It is akin to yelling "Fire!" under false pretenses at the top of your lungs inside a theater.

You may not agree with it and I suspect you don't, but his actions were not just limited to walking down the street openly carrying a firearm. He went beyond that and he did it knowingly, filming himself to see the reaction he could obtain from others he panicked.

IMO the guy is an idiot and his actions warrant review of his mental health. And if you should believe differently, then by all means put on some fatigues, grab a rifle (your choice) and take a drive to your local Wally World. When you get there pull out your cellphone and start recording yourself as you enter the store. In MA your allowed to open carry, so you are well within your legal rights, but the reality is that you will have caused a panic and that will not bode well for you.

Last edited:
Soon, you’ll have no rights because you gave them up because everyone gets offended when you exercise them.

This is not what I said. I said OC is fine. Use discretion. He didnt use discretion. He trolled random people who have no idea who he is, what hes doing right after a shooting at the same brand of store dressed in clothing that is intentionally militaristic holding a rifle that would be mistaken for a gun that has the shoulder thing that goes up.

Be very careful who you support. Because we will lose this battle sooner than later if we make excuses for a**h***s. Us saying "he f***ed up." is not an admission of guilt. It's acknowledging that hes a dummy and we as a 2A community dont support his retarded failed political message that just set us back another 2 steps.

This is not what I said. I said OC is fine. Use discretion. He didnt use discretion. He trolled random people who have no idea who he is, what hes doing right after a shooting at the same brand of store dressed in clothing that is intentionally militaristic holding a rifle that would be mistaken for a gun that has the shoulder thing that goes up.

Be very careful who you support. Because we will lose this battle sooner than later if we make excuses for a**h***s. Us saying "he f***ed up." is not an admission of guilt. It's acknowledging that hes a dummy and we as a 2A community dont support his retarded failed political message that just set us back another 2 steps.
Use discretion. It’s exactly what you said. Don’t exercise your right because you should use discretion. Right. My point stands. You aren’t for rights if you don’t support exercising them.

It would be the same if you said to me “don’t defend Trump, use discretion”. Yup. Sure dude.

What you’re saying is that we should all hide and hope they forget about us. Nice ally you are.

Use discretion. It’s exactly what you said. Don’t exercise your right because you should use discretion. Right. My point stands. You aren’t for rights if you don’t support exercising them.

It would be the same if you said to me “don’t defend Trump, use discretion”. Yup. Sure dude.

What you’re saying is that we should all hide and hope they forget about us. Nice ally you are.

Thats the Massachusetts/New England brainwashing coming out.

Hide and hope they go away......they won't until you stand up and demand that they do.....empty handed.

Everyone is so fvcking worried about their "suitability"......its like living in a damned prison camp where nobody wants to rile the guards for fear of a beating......and when the unsolicited beatings come, they cry out "Thank You Sir! May I have another? Its so pathetic its laughable.
One thing you can count on in Massachusetts,......NOBODY will be coming to help you regain your rights because you won't even help yourselves and this thread is prime evidence of the defeated mindset.

If you support Trump you're no ally to the 2A. You might need to buy a mirror, smoke less crack and change kool aide colors.

And because you can’t defend your absurd position, the name calling begins.

Good on ya Dench. Well done.

My absurd position is that I don't have a problem with OC but can understand how disturbing the peace charges could stick on a person who intentionally disturbed the peace.

Another absurd position I hold is that just because it's legal doesn't mean it's a great idea. Continuing on my insanity I also said people should use discretion and ask if their actions make them an asset to their community.

[rofl] I can smell the crack through the computer as I hit reply.

Dench is spot on... I have a right to free speech but there is all sorts of shit I could go out and say "in support of 1A" that would make me a mega douche bag and might justify (not legally speaking) my getting punched in the face. You can exercise your rights while not being a douche. Act with tact. Dressing up like a mall ninja and walking around a wal-mart with an AR15 the week a wal-mart was shot up with an AR-15, while maybe legal, is not tactful. Even if we lived in true anarchy with no government and no rules, basic social norms were violated here. This guy is a complete fool and does damage to the 2A cause.

From what I have seen so far, this guy was an idiot doing it for attention. Looking for a reaction. This could have been a non story if he wasn’t filming himself in the process.
Some of you are so quick to turn on others and accuse them of not supporting the 2nd. If it’s that black and white, I’m sure you have already been refreshing the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants and such.

Thats the Massachusetts/New England brainwashing coming out.

Hide and hope they go away......they won't until you stand up and demand that they do.....empty handed.

Everyone is so fvcking worried about their "suitability"......its like living in a damned prison camp where nobody wants to rile the guards for fear of a beating......and when the unsolicited beatings come, they cry out "Thank You Sir! May I have another? Its so pathetic its laughable.
One thing you can count on in Massachusetts,......NOBODY will be coming to help you regain your rights because you won't even help yourselves and this thread is prime evidence of the defeated mindset.

Just curious, the last time you renewed, or when you applied for you MA LTC (if you haven't done a renew yet), did you fill in those 2 references? Because those aren't required by law. But you comply with an unlawful requirement, what are you afraid of? Where's you support for 2a.

Just curious, the last time you renewed, or when you applied for you MA LTC (if you haven't done a renew yet), did you fill in those 2 references? Because those aren't required by law. But you comply with an unlawful requirement, what are you afraid of? Where's you support for 2a.

Your posts are hardly worth a reply, but I'll suffer my way through it one last time.

Your ignorant presumptions are dead wrong.

No, I'v never filled in any references in any application. I don't need other people's approval to declare who I am and I actually had to sue the chief of police for my first LTC, then was hours away from suing another for a green card. I'm not afraid of anything and took both chiefs to task.....successfully!
I was also smart enough to move out of the police state of Massachusetts at the very first opportunity to where people speak their mind and are not cowering in fear trying to prove their worth to some appointed bureaucrat to be able to exercise their rights.

Oh and I forgot to mention, we have constitutional carry here.......no permit to carry needed.

Last edited:
The harm he caused was to incite others and cause panic. Keep in mind "harm" doesn't have to be physical only, it can be psychological just as well.

Good point. Being scared of guns definitely should mean people who have guns are criminals. JFC. You guys are worse than the actual gun hating left wing. You think someone carrying a gun means they've caused psychological harm to others, the the extent it's a criminal act? Holy hell. We've been fighting against the wrong group of people this whole time.

IMO the guy is an idiot and his actions warrant review of his mental health.

And now I know why red flag laws have gotten a strong footing.

I have a right to free speech but there is all sorts of shit I could go out and say "in support of 1A" that would make me a mega douche bag and might justify (not legally speaking) my getting punched in the face.

What does that even mean? I don't like what you just said. That justifies (not legally speaking) me punching you in the face. Does that even make any sense?

What is with people in this thread talking out of both sides of their mouth? You either are or are not justified punching someone in the face. Acting emotionally is a terrible excuse for violence, especially in response to a non-violent action, like speech.

You can exercise your rights while not being a douche. Act with tact.

Of course you can. You can also exercise your rights in any way you want regardless of who thinks you are "being a douche". I think you are being a douche right now. You should probably STFU. Act with some tact. Right? Or maybe that's an absolutely absurd position to take.

The thing about having a right to do something, means you get to do it how you want, regardless of anyone else's opinion.

Dressing up like a mall ninja and walking around a wal-mart with an AR15 the week a wal-mart was shot up with an AR-15, while maybe legal, is not tactful.

He was arrested and is being charged with a felony. Do you think we'd be having the same discussion if he wasn't? What do you think I'm defending here? I've never once put on a tactical vest and slung an AR and gone out to Walmart. I have no intention of doing so. But I certainly am not okay with someone who does being arrested. I certainly don't think it's okay for someone who does to "get punched in the face."

Even if we lived in true anarchy with no government and no rules, basic social norms were violated here.

Well ignoring the first part, since I don't want nor believe in a true anarchy, violating "social norms" is your argument here? JFC on a stick! I don't give a shit about violating "social norms". Social norms are big reason why carrying guns and gun rights as a whole are under attack. I don't care if people don't normally open carry guns. But unlike you, I support the right to bear arms, and want people to be able to do so unimpeded, REGARDLESS of "social norms". JFC.

This guy is a complete fool and does damage to the 2A cause.

Nailed it. I already had this on the list of terrible arguments. Actually exercising the 2A damages the 2A. Rock solid argument. Rock. Solid.

We've almost reached all the standard ones.

PSGWSP.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Open carry doesn't help our cause.
People who open carry are morons.
People who open carry only do it for attention.
I support the Second Amendment, but open carry should be illegal.
Guns are scary. If I saw someone carrying a gun I'd run away/call the cops/shoot them.

Update:

Exercising the 2nd Amendment hurts the 2nd Amendment.
I support the right to bear arms, unless I think you are a douche.

What does that even mean? I don't like what you just said. That justifies (not legally speaking) me punching you in the face. Does that even make any sense?

What is with people in this thread talking out of both sides of their mouth? You either are or are not justified punching someone in the face. Acting emotionally is a terrible excuse for violence, especially in response to a non-violent action, like speech.

Like it or not, there are social norms that if not followed, even if not outside the law, are likely to get a response. Pretending there aren't is lazy.

Of course you can. You can also exercise your rights in any way you want regardless of who thinks you are "being a douche". I think you are being a douche right now. You should probably STFU. Act with some tact. Right? Or maybe that's an absolutely absurd position to take.

The thing about having a right to do something, means you get to do it how you want, regardless of anyone else's opinion.

Yeah, you do get to do it how you want. And whether or not society SHOULD react a certain way in your fantasy world has no bearing on how it will react int he real world. In the real world, this guy is a dumbass and got treated like a dumbass gets treated when they act like a dumbass.

He was arrested and is being charged with a felony. Do you think we'd be having the same discussion if he wasn't? What do you think I'm defending here? I've never once put on a tactical vest and slung an AR and gone out to Walmart. I have no intention of doing so. But I certainly am not okay with someone who does being arrested. I certainly don't think it's okay for someone who does to "get punched in the face."

I didn't say I support dumbass being arrested for being a dumbass. I say dumbass got what he had coming one someone put a gun in his face.

Well ignoring the first part, since I don't want nor believe in a true anarchy, violating "social norms" is your argument here? JFC on a stick! I don't give a shit about violating "social norms". Social norms are big reason why carrying guns and gun rights as a whole are under attack. I don't care if people don't normally open carry guns. But unlike you, I support the right to bear arms, and want people to be able to do so unimpeded, REGARDLESS of "social norms". JFC.

Nailed it. I already had this on the list of terrible arguments. Actually exercising the 2A damages the 2A. Rock solid argument. Rock. Solid.

You can act like it doesn't. People like this, doing shit like this, contribute to politicians clamping down on what you can and can't do without legal repercussions. Where in fantasy land it's nice to think the buck stops at "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" that isn't the reality of America's criminal justice system with regard to 2A. 2A is highly infringed with full blessing out of the courts and stunts like this just work to further tie it up. Hate it all you want, I certainly do, but that's reality.

Back
Top Bottom