• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun nut in fatigues films himself walking into Walmart carrying an assault rifle

Like it or not, there are social norms that if not followed, even if not outside the law, are likely to get a response. Pretending there aren't is lazy.
He was arrested. Again, what do you think we are talking about here?

Yeah, you do get to do it how you want. And whether or not society SHOULD react a certain way in your fantasy world has no bearing on how it will react int he real world. In the real world, this guy is a dumbass and got treated like a dumbass gets treated when they act like a dumbass.

Same thing. He was arrested. It's why this was even a story. It's not a minor detail.

I didn't say I support dumbass being arrested for being a dumbass. I say dumbass got what he had coming one someone put a gun in his face.

Well he was arrested. So that's what he had coming for him. But you are right. You've multiple times stated how you support using actual force and violence against people who you think are being a douche or dumbass. That's not a whole lot better. It's actually not better at all.

You can act like it doesn't. People like this, doing shit like this, contribute to politicians clamping down on what you can and can't do without legal repercussions. Where in fantasy land it's nice to think the buck stops at "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" that isn't the reality of America's criminal justice system with regard to 2A.

This illustrates how you either don't understand what supporting something means, or just don't actually support it. Some people support the right of people to do things regardless of, and especially because government would like to infringe on that right. I didn't realize this was a confusing concept, but maybe I should have. Yes, the reality is, government will infringe on people's rights. I still support people's right to do it, despite what may happen. Obviously you and many others don't feel the same way. And that's a shame.

2A is highly infringed with full blessing out of the courts and stunts like this just work to further tie it up. Hate it all you want, I certainly do, but that's reality.

It is the reality. If you really hated it you wouldn't be spending all this time arguing in favor of it. You'd instead be supporting the person who's 2A right is being infringed. Even if you don't like the way he exercised it. But you aren't doing that now are you.

Are you? What do you think the right to bear arms means?

Hint: It doesn’t mean only doing what you approve of.
I got it... you are the be all end all authority and only you have a valid opinion. Well dude, defending 2A doesn't include defending douches that are damaging the foundation of the amendment by doing stupid shit. Keep singing the same song right in to the flush, you will manage to disarm all of us. Incidentally was open carrying this weekend and noticed several others. Oddly enough none of us were in Walmart.

Your posts are hardly worth a reply, but I'll suffer my way through it one last time.

Your ignorant presumptions are dead wrong.

No, I'v never filled in any references in any application. I don't need other people's approval to declare who I am and I actually had to sue the chief of police for my first LTC, then was hours away from suing another for a green card. I'm not afraid of anything and took both chiefs to task.....successfully!
I was also smart enough to move out of the police state of Massachusetts at the very first opportunity to where people speak their mind and are not cowering in fear trying to prove their worth to some appointed bureaucrat to be able to exercise their rights.

Oh and I forgot to mention, we have constitutional carry here.......no permit to carry needed.

Credit where it's due, [thumbsup]
I wish I had had the financial resources to fight when I needed to.
And what makes you think I'm in MA[wink], I eventually gave up on the fight to fix the state that was my home for my entire life.

I got it... you are the be all end all authority and only you have a valid opinion. Well dude, defending 2A doesn't include defending douches that are damaging the foundation of the amendment by doing stupid shit. Keep singing the same song right in to the flush, you will manage to disarm all of us. Incidentally was open carrying this weekend and noticed several others. Oddly enough none of us were in Walmart.

And just what is the "foundation" of the amendment and what damage was done?

The rights of the individual are far more important than the "feelings" of the "collective".

If twenty thousand people wanted to hang you, do you think you have a right to dispute their desire?

Agreed.

Playing the "I'm not touching you game" with 2A is juvenile and doesn't do anyone any favors. This guy was obviously trying to walk the razor's edge of lawful behavior for the sake of confusing and scaring people. Front slinging a rifle at low ready is a hair's width away from brandishing. Wouldn't be surprised if these open carry laws are rewritten to prohibit this type of rifle carrying thanks to this jackass.

And I suspect none of you were carrying rifles. There are soldiers on deployment who carry M9's or whatever that hunk of shit Sig is making instead of rifles if they can get away with it.

Sometimes the try hards try so hard they out try light infantry units. Who needs professionalism, pride, discipline, training, discretion, a brain and being an asset when you can skip all that, do zero PT, no training, gain 50lbs, be a neck beard, have a lobotomy and carry a rifle around to stir people up and have other neck beards defend you when you're intentionally stirring up shit.

Shit, where were you guys when I was in my early 20's? I needed as many hype guys and apologists as possible back then. You people failed me.

My absurd position is that I don't have a problem with OC but can understand how disturbing the peace charges could stick on a person who intentionally disturbed the peace.

Another absurd position I hold is that just because it's legal doesn't mean it's a great idea. Continuing on my insanity I also said people should use discretion and ask if their actions make them an asset to their community.

[rofl] I can smell the crack through the computer as I hit reply.

Yup - Just because you can doesn't mean that you should..

And just what is the "foundation" of the amendment and what damage was done?

The rights of the individual are far more important than the "feelings" of the "collective".

If twenty thousand people wanted to hang you, do you think you have a right to dispute their desire?
I have to admire your conviction to give up your rights to defend someone else’s rights to be foolish

Actually that is EXACTLY what it takes to defend a right. This situation has little difference than 1A protecting KKK or Westboro Church.

To have a right you MUST defend the people you don't like who exercise it. Otherwise you are just applying an arbitrary litmus test based on your personal beliefs. That's exactly how tyrants gain power and why our country has defined rights. To avoid exactly what you are saying should be acceptable by government.

Actually that is EXACTLY what it takes to defend a right. This situation has little difference than 1A protecting KKK or Westboro Church.

To have a right you MUST defend the people you don't like who exercise it. Otherwise you are just applying an arbitrary litmus test based on your personal beliefs. That's exactly how tyrants gain power and why our country has defined rights. To avoid exactly what you are saying should be acceptable by government.
Interesting point and well written. I concur with your assessment and I have no issue defending our rights. I have a huge problem as documented above with fools, criminals and others suffering mental conditions, painting us collectively by their actions, as a cretinous horde of fools and murders because we keep firearms. The left is using every tool both legitimate and illegitimate to further their agenda. All the shooters and "social experiment" scientists have the left coming for the contents of your safe.

I don't suffer idiots well. I will as many others here, be happy to attend a support event, meeting, or informal carry open event in support. I don't believe that terrorizing a whole store full of people is the answer to further our agenda. I have carried for my entire adult life and do not take lightly the current battle being waged against us. This is all about personal beliefs yours, mine, ours, theirs and interpretation by all the different players of the law as written. It is virtually impossible to eliminate personal agenda from these sorts of debates. My mother was killed 34 years ago by a drunk driver. I have an opinion about people that drive drunk.

I will think about what you have said, however it is not in my nature to defend people that are doing things that threaten my way of life.

Interesting point and well written. I concur with your assessment and I have no issue defending our rights. I have a huge problem as documented above with fools, criminals and others suffering mental conditions, painting us collectively by their actions, as a cretinous horde of fools and murders because we keep firearms. The left is using every tool both legitimate and illegitimate to further their agenda. All the shooters and "social experiment" scientists have the left coming for the contents of your safe.

I don't suffer idiots well. I will as many others here, be happy to attend a support event, meeting, or informal carry open event in support. I don't believe that terrorizing a whole store full of people is the answer to further our agenda. I have carried for my entire adult life and do not take lightly the current battle being waged against us. This is all about personal beliefs yours, mine, ours, theirs and interpretation by all the different players of the law as written. It is virtually impossible to eliminate personal agenda from these sorts of debates. My mother was killed 34 years ago by a drunk driver. I have an opinion about people that drive drunk.

I will think about what you have said, however it is not in my nature to defend people that are doing things that threaten my way of life.

I have to admire your conviction to give up your rights to defend someone else’s rights to be foolish

I think you need to unfvck your gray matter a bit.

Already answered point 2. However I will try being a little more personable. I do however admire your dedication to individual rights versus the collective. Generally speaking I would agree with you 99.9% of the time. I am angry about the events last week and have little patience with some smart ass out to test drive the system. I don't like sitting here wondering when the next nitwit is going to trot out his favorite high performance weapon and destroy my rights while defending his own. Point 1 The social experiment kid decided to conducted his little experiment in a timeline which finds the 2nd under attack from the left and victims friends families and advocate groups. Something is going to give under the pressure. Anything we have to give up is erosion of our rights. "This Right shall not be infringed" is getting harder to maintain. Damage? He just added a little gas to an already roaring fire.
Point 3... 20,000 people? That is probably going to happen irregardless of what I said, while I would like to voice my dispute. The court of public opinion will most likely reign supreme in that instance.

"The rights of every man is diminished, when the rights of one man are threatened".
Does a single individual, for the purpose of his own amusement or to gain personal attention, have the right to damage the rights of others?

I wish the situation was simple, but it's not.

Does a single individual, for the purpose of his own amusement or to gain personal attention, have the right to damage the rights of others?

I wish the situation was simple, but it's not.

Under the rule of law, it is absolutely that simple.

Nobody but each person themselves, as an individual, is responsible for another's behavior and government on any level has absolutely no authority to punish or diminish the rights of the masses for the acts of an individual exercising their rights under the law.....especially under the 2A where government is clearly and legally directed by that amendment that they SHALL NOT INFRINGE UPON IT.

This "terroristic threatening" charge that the guy is being charged with is complete and utter bullshit and the very term "terroristic threatening" has only entered the lexicon of the English language in very recent years. They don't even use it in its legally defined context. That kid had no desire to induce or force "political change" or intimidate anyone. What we have is a propagandized, gullible public and a government who stand by with the noose in their hand just waiting for their next victim to be walked up the gallows stairs.

Nobody EVER used that term until government needed a new way to cow the public into submission for exercising their right to keep and bear arms.
Government( government officials) doesn't like obeying the law, and they routinely think the are above it, and they certainly don't like challenges to or restrictions being placed on their ability to freely fvck over people whom THEY think are a threat to their criminal corruption and their illusionary monopoly on violence. They don't have a monopoly on violence as long as there is an armed public......that is why they are so persistent in trying to disarm the public in any way they possibly can.

This whole country has turned into a fvcking junior high school classroom of political imbeciles with a ring in their nose and being led around like cattle to the slaughter.

Screenshot_20190812-224235_Chrome.jpg

You pull this... your going to find yourself face down on the pavement and guns drawn

go ahead and open carry your handgun in a nice dress shirt and black dress pant . I bet you probably would not get a second glance..
VHmZWfMvPHWnC3NZ8

Where are all these hardliners in the northeast that open carry rifles these days.... oh right thats a dead community...
:emoji_dizzy_face:

Do you have anything productive to add to the conversation?

I thought her pointing out the hypocrisy was very productive.

View attachment 297247

You pull this... your going to find yourself face down on the pavement and guns drawn

go ahead and open carry your handgun in a nice dress shirt and black dress pant . I bet you probably would not get a second glance..
VHmZWfMvPHWnC3NZ8

Guns drawn by whom?

I just re read the laws governing carrying a gun and I must have missed the dress code part, can you cite that portion to refresh my memory?

Last edited:
Under the rule of law, it is absolutely that simple.

Nobody but each person themselves, as an individual, is responsible for another's behavior and government on any level has absolutely no authority to punish or diminish the rights of the masses for the acts of an individual exercising their rights under the law.....especially under the 2A where government is clearly and legally directed by that amendment that they SHALL NOT INFRINGE UPON IT.

This "terroristic threatening" charge that the guy is being charged with is complete and utter bullshit and the very term "terroristic threatening" has only entered the lexicon of the English language in very recent years. They don't even use it in its legally defined context. That kid had no desire to induce or force "political change" or intimidate anyone. What we have is a propagandized, gullible public and a government who stand by with the noose in their hand just waiting for their next victim to be walked up the gallows stairs.

Nobody EVER used that term until government needed a new way to cow the public into submission for exercising their right to keep and bear arms.
Government( government officials) doesn't like obeying the law, and they routinely think the are above it, and they certainly don't like challenges to or restrictions being placed on their ability to freely fvck over people whom THEY think are a threat to their criminal corruption and their illusionary monopoly on violence. They don't have a monopoly on violence as long as there is an armed public......that is why they are so persistent in trying to disarm the public in any way they possibly can.

This whole country has turned into a fvcking junior high school classroom of political imbeciles with a ring in their nose and being led around like cattle to the slaughter.

Well, breaching the peace (as a distinct offense) has been against English common law since the late middle ages. Since before that, it's not been necessary to cause physical harm in order to be arrested and brought to trial.

You're railing against something that's never been okay. You're not responsible for causing fear in others if you're engaging in normal, everyday, reasonable conduct. But this kid went out IN ORDER TO PROVOKE A REACTION. He wasn't doing anything normal. This kid didn't ordinarily get jocked up and go out to Walmart. He did this to see if he could cause a stir, and his wife told him it was a dumb idea.

The issue here isn't so much 2A. If this was just about him carrying, it wouldn't be news, and I doubt the firefighter would have drawn down on a hunter coming into Walmart for a case of Gatorade with his rifle. But this doofus carried in a specific way calculated to cause a reaction, and that's never been okay.

Well, breaching the peace (as a distinct offense) has been against English common law since the late middle ages. Since before that, it's not been necessary to cause physical harm in order to be arrested and brought to trial.

You're railing against something that's never been okay. You're not responsible for causing fear in others if you're engaging in normal, everyday, reasonable conduct. But this kid went out IN ORDER TO PROVOKE A REACTION. He wasn't doing anything normal. This kid didn't ordinarily get jocked up and go out to Walmart. He did this to see if he could cause a stir, and his wife told him it was a dumb idea.

The issue here isn't so much 2A. If this was just about him carrying, it wouldn't be news, and I doubt the firefighter would have drawn down on a hunter coming into Walmart for a case of Gatorade with his rifle. But this doofus carried in a specific way calculated to cause a reaction, and that's never been okay.

I would perhaps feel differently about the whole thing if the guy was carrying an AR slung on his back, wearing mostly street clothes pushing a shopping cart minding his own business. Odd? sure.. but at least then if someone challenged him he could say something witty like "What? If a nutjob comes in here now I have something decent to shoot back with. " The "lets wear an LBV into walmart" thing is a bit
full retard. Especially if the guy is carrying the rifle out in front of him. IMHO that's the difference between like say, holstered vs unholstered. If I go to NH and walk around with a pistol in my hand it's going to be received WAY differently than if it's just sitting in a
holster. It's not always about WHAT you do, but how you do it.

-Mike

Guns drawn by whom?

I just re read the laws governing carrying a gun and I must have missed the dress code part, can you cite that portion to refresh my memory?

We are talking about open carry are we not.. but that is already a dead thing here in MA unless your west of Worcester in the boonies. And even there open carry rifle is a dead thing as well.

You will find yourself drawn down on by The police, and if you think you won't be try it sometime..

About open carry pistol.
appearance is everything.. your living a lie if you think not its not a code at all. But if you think strapping body armor on, your 5.11 fatigues, and your tac vest loaded with handgun mags or looking like a goth with a gun and walking around in ths northeast will work out for you, try it and let me watch you on the news.

Versus..

Nice office worker with an open carried holster.. most people will either mistake you for a thin blue line crowd, and assume, or not even notice. The very small portion of folks that do care, well your prob still f***ed in MA, less so in NH, or ME or VT.

Back
Top Bottom