• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Club closure megathread

That's effed up

I was ok when it was written like this: "DUE TO CONCERNS WITH COVID-19 THE OUTDOOR RANGES ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. " sorta.

but, by adding "EXCEPT FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT TRAINING," makes me ask what special 'powers' keep them from catching Covid???

I was ok when it was written like this: "DUE TO CONCERNS WITH COVID-19 THE OUTDOOR RANGES ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. " sorta.

but, by adding "EXCEPT FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT TRAINING," makes me ask what special 'powers' keep them from catching Covid???

Yeah, that's a little shitty.

The state is using the Wuhan Virus as an excuse to enact the policies they've always wanted to enact anyways, in this case "guns for me but not for thee." Perfectly logical, and they're putting out feelers for what they can and can't get away with.

Just got this e-blast and wanted to update this thread.

Dear Member,
As you know, the ranges have been closed out of an abundance of caution for the welfare of all our members. The board feels that, with all of us now being familiar with what we have to do to minimize exposure to the virus, we are comfortable opening the outdoor ranges with the requirement that all members using the ranges must strictly adhere to the guidelines below. This is effective immediately.

Last edited:
email from Harvard says they have limited opening but you must go online and create a log in/password and only one member per range. Reservation dates start tomorrow. No thanks.

This was for Harvard Sportsmen's Club? Didn't get an email about scheduling time for a range. Interesting.
From Monday afternoon:
*** HSC LIMITED RANGE RE-OPENING - UPDATE ***
MONDAY, MAY 4

Thank you very much to all our Members for helping to make the current sign-in process go smoothly. And of course, thank you to the Volunteers who have generously given their time to handle the sign-in procedure.

ON-LINE RESERVATION SYSTEM IS NOW LIVE.
RESERVATION DATES AVAILABLE BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, MAY 6.
ONE MEMBER/ONE CAR PER RANGE.

THE CURRENT SIGN-IN SYSTEM REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY, MAY 5.

We have now spent one week with the one-Member-per-range limitation. The first-come-first-served process has been a good first step. We are now going to try an on-line range reservation system. Thank you very much to Aharon Grossman for developing this application for us.

We continue to be restricted to a maximum of one Member per range plus their immediate family living in the same household. Guests are not allowed at HSC at this time.

You will now be able to reserve a specific outdoor range, date, and time. The
following link will bring you to the application and the specific HSC calendar.

There's more, but that give the gist.

Personally I would prefer for 90% of Ma**h***s to wake up an realize their idea base sucks, throw out our entire political class and elect rabid 2A supporters who roll back 110% of all gun laws in MA. Then they enact a few to F with the feds: machines guns allowed, silencers allowed, etc.

Personally I would prefer for 90% of Ma**h***s to wake up an realize their idea base sucks, throw out our entire political class and elect rabid 2A supporters who roll back 110% of all gun laws in MA. Then they enact a few to F with the feds: machines guns allowed, silencers allowed, etc.
never gonna happen, the sheeple are to cowed and brainwashed. They're to stupid to even realize they're hypocrisy. They want Big Govt/Nanny State to provide and protect them except when someone like Trump is elected.

So if I'm reading this right they are only allowing 1 person to be on the pistol line at a time? That line has to be, what, 30 yards long. That's ridiculous.
Technically, they seem to allow for one carload, with the assumption that said carload all are coming from a single household. I may not have included that part of the email - it's kind of long.

My understanding is that this is a stopgap as they try to help the town to quit being...I'll go with "unreasonable." I'm not privy to anything that's not in the emails, though, so I won't claim to know the minds of the BOD.

Personally I would rather they kept the club close until Faker "allows" us to reopen and then sue they shit out of the State/Town for abuse of power.

Them 'opening' in this joke manner will result in Maura's minions submitting it to a court as evidence that whatever horseshit she comes up with is 'reasonable'.

Latest from Wallum Lake:

Effective immediately, we are opening the Club back up to spouses and significant others. We also will be allowing dependents living in your home access to the pond and the skeet and trap fields. We ask that they do not use the outdoor or indoor ranges or pistol pits currently. Hopefully, we will be able to change that soon, but due to limited capacity and social distancing rules set by the state we cannot have them there just yet.

The indoor range is now reopened under restrictions. Lanes 2 and 4 will not be used. We are only allowing 3 people at a time inside. If you arrive and they are at capacity, you must wait outside the range. Again 3-person maximum inside.

The clubhouse is open for signing in and use of the restroom only. We are currently NOT selling anything from behind the counter yet. We need to wait until the state relaxes some of the rules on restaurants and bars before we can get back to selling from there.
As far as hunting and hiking on the property, we are going back to normal operations. Meaning dependents/ juniors have full access under the normal club rules

Just to clarify for anyone else reading here, Hopkinton Sportsmen's has opened all of our OUTDOOR ranges FOR CLUB MEMBERS ONLY for the time being. The clubhouse will remain closed until further notice. Standard safety rule are in full effect.

Carry on.

Maybe @Bob (El Prez) can chime in as well. I just want to clarify that my wife can’t come with me as she’s technically a guest? I’m a member and apparently not on the e-mail list, that’s the only reason I’m posting this here.
She took the day off for my birthday and wanted to hit the range, I don’t want to cause any problems and am truly looking for clarification on spousal vs. guest status.

Thank you.

Maybe @Bob (El Prez) can chime in as well. I just want to clarify that my wife can’t come with me as she’s technically a guest? I’m a member and apparently not on the e-mail list, that’s the only reason I’m posting this here.
She took the day off for my birthday and wanted to hit the range, I don’t want to cause any problems and am truly looking for clarification on spousal vs. guest status.

Thank you.

• Members and only members are allowed to use the club facilities. Spouses and children of members are allowed.

Having gotten my LTC 2 days ago, I am looking to join a club. I live in Andover and Andover Sports club is the closet. How do I get in if I don't know any existing members?

Having gotten my LTC 2 days ago, I am looking to join a club. I live in Andover and Andover Sports club is the closet. How do I get in if I don't know any existing members?
Depends on the club.

In normal times, many clubs have public events - practices, dinners, breakfasts, etc. You could go to a couple of those, make friends, learn about the process and join.

Right now, many clubs aren't allowing non-members on the premises, so you'll have to wait until things settle down. Hopefully soon the Cedrone case will bring with it guidance, especially for the commercial clubs, about how to reopen more fully.

Unfortunately, this means patience first and foremost

Back
Top Bottom