Gun Club closure megathread

Lol good luck with that considering like 80% of MA voters are either moonbats or fake independents that suck for voting for moonbats.
Sorry for the non-club related post, but was always curious as to why so many voters in MA are Unenrolled. I can see being a Republican and not wanting to deal with bs about it, but as you said so many just vote D anyway so why not just say youre a Democrat? Whats the downside of that in a place like MA? Whats the incentive for a person who has voted for Democrats their whole life to be registered as Unenrolled?

Sorry for the non-club related post, but was always curious as to why so many voters in MA are Unenrolled. I can see being a Republican and not wanting to deal with bs about it, but as you said so many just vote D anyway so why not just say youre a Democrat? Whats the downside of that in a place like MA? Whats the incentive for a person who has voted for Democrats their whole life to be registered as Unenrolled?
It preserves the ability to take a R ballot to vote for the weaker opposition candidate.

Senate president Karen Spilka offered this as a reason when a reporter found that she had once taken the Republican primary ballot.

It also cuts down on junk mail and phone calls from either party. They can be MUCH worse than they already are!
No really, we've been registered independant and later "unenrolled" for >40 yrs and get mailings and calls from both sides. When we killed our Vzn number and went with Ooma and a new unlisted number we get no NRA (both of us are Life) or political calls (just don't give out that number except to friends/relatives/few medical providers).

We get plenty of random scam calls to our cell phones however and they never call twice from the same CID number, so blocking is impossible.

Because a lot of these people are just too ashamed to fully admit that they're basically just moonbats... it's like they internally know it's stupid but they keep doing it anyways. It's a way of trying to appear to be less dumb alongside their contemporaries because one of the first things that either usually say in any political discussion is "I'm an independent but..." as if it gives them some kind of like political street credibility or some bullshit. It's no different than when we have gun owners that say shit like " I support the Second Amendment but..." they like "riding around with somebody else's label" because it usually makes for the appearance of externally looking less shitty than they actually are.

looks like a swanky club. Must be some money involved. Or people that know someone or both. Can't help thinking like this....
Lol a lot of clubs are open at least to that degree, if yours isn't, you need to push on leadership a little......

So I was hearing noise from some people online that ALL ranges were officially closed across MA, but my trigger finger is getting pretty damn itchy so i looked at my clubs website. Lo and behold, nothing about any sort of closure besides no non-emergency clubhouse entry and a few other restrictions, but the ranges are open. I got an email to the same effect back in march. Im going shooting tomorrow [rockon]. And I aint wearing no damn mask.

Good, time to get this show back on the road, and if the BOH moves to block it then it is time to go to court anyway.

Apparently there are some few people calling for a dues "refund". Are folks seeing this at other clubs?
No meetings to vote against it, but if there was I would say, no. The bills still have to be paid even if I do not agree with the closures.
It is an association (club) not a business.

🐯

Good, time to get this show back on the road, and if the BOH moves to block it then it is time to go to court anyway.

Apparently there are some few people calling for a dues "refund". Are folks seeing this at other clubs?
No meetings to vote against it, but if there was I would say, no. The bills still have to be paid even if I do not agree with the closures.

🐯

Poor form, these are non profit clubs. No one will force them to renew. I would vote no refunds.

Quaker Hill Rod & Gun Club - Bozrah, CT is allowing range chairs to make decisions about activities on their ranges. Indoor activities (such as monthly meeting), still cancelled/prohibited. Not sure what the range chairs are going to do at this point, waiting for the next email.

17South - Fleming, GA - indoor events such as weekly dinner still cancelled. We ran a USPSA postal match yesterday; 7 squads, 10 members per squad.

Poor form, these are non profit clubs. No one will force them to renew. I would vote no refunds.

Agreed and they are not giving anyone a refund, but the post above says they are giving everyone at least a one month extension to membership, which amounts to a bonus month. This seems impractical given that they are currently losing income from hall rental and bar receipts.

🐯

Depends on circumstances. If the club is only closed because some old guy on the BOD is flapping his arms about 'rona then I can see why people are pissed
off.

If the club is actually trying to reopen, or stay open (and it should be noted, a LOT of them are) it's an entirely different ballgame.

A lot of these places are closed only because of fudd BS/fear, not because they were forced to. Members need to light a fire under their ass to get things to change.

-Mike

Old Colony reopened, with temporary FUDD rules. You can go read on their website. Warning, you might puke.

The best (not) temporary rule: you have to schedule time to shoot on the weekend, up to 2hrs max if other people also scheduled.

I have been a memeber of Old Colony for over 10 years, but I might not renew this year.

I am glad I have other non FUDD clubs to go that have remained open.

🐯

Really, taking the club to court for $100-150 yearly fee because people couldnt shoot for a few weeks?

GTFO. Sometimes, gun owners are worse than Liberals.

I am not happy that some clubs closed, and as I mentioned above I might drop one of the 3 clubs I am a member at, but I would never think of threatening with a lawsuit, that is some major Liberal c*nt stuff right there.

I am not calling you a Liberal c*nt.

Last edited:
Old Colony reopened, with temporary FUDD rules. You can go read on their website. Warning, you might puke.

The best (not) temporary rule: you have to schedule time to shoot on the weekend, up to 2hrs max if other people also scheduled.

I have been a memeber of Old Colony for over 10 years, but I might not renew this year.

I am glad I have other non FUDD clubs to go that have remained open.

"The town may monitor compliance." W. T. F?

Really, taking the club to court for $100-150 yearly fee because people couldnt shoot for a few weeks?

GTFO. Sometimes, gun owners are worse than Liberals.

I am not happy that some clubs closed, and as I mentioned above I might drop one of the 3 clubs I am a member at, but I would never think of threatening with a lawsuit, that is some major Liberal c*nt stuff right there.

I am not calling you a Liberal c*nt.

I didn’t write anywhere, that any members, were talking about taking the club to court over dues. I did mention that some few cheapskates had asked about a dues refund, and the club board had denied it.

My only reference above to going to court was that it should be the club’s reaction to any further threats of interference from the BOH (read: Board of Health).

Cool rant just not on target... (sorry best I could come up with for a range pun).

🐯

Last edited:
Hopefully we will all be back to our Ranges tomorrow!!!! Let’s see what Alligator tears has in store for today....................

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Our only hope is that he's tired of the lawsuits and gives in. Of course he's also have to grow a set to stand up to the AG.

Quaker Hill Rod & Gun Club - Bozrah, CT is allowing range chairs to make decisions about activities on their ranges. Indoor activities (such as monthly meeting), still cancelled/prohibited. Not sure what the range chairs are going to do at this point, waiting for the next email.

17South - Fleming, GA - indoor events such as weekly dinner still cancelled. We ran a USPSA postal match yesterday; 7 squads, 10 members per squad.

Followup on Quaker Hill - Range chair has been instructed to run events in compliance with CDC and CT executive order. No more than five people at an event and they must be six feet apart at all times.

Trying to get a handle on club openings to bring to my Board and was hoping that this thread would provide information. Backtracked through 3 pages and found more "sorry for hijacking this thread" postings than I did on Club openings. Here is what I found :

Hopkinton - open
Monson - Opening this week
Old COlony - Opening this week
Braintree - conditions posted opening date pending Gov's statement
Harvard - open
Mass Rifle - closed (waiting for guidance from Gov!!!)
Wallum - open
Agawam - Opened this past weekend

Here is what I know on other clubs (unofficial)
Holbrook - Closed pending Gov statement - members sent opening rules
Monument Beach - open
Plymouth - Open
Scituate - Closed
Marshfield - Closed pending Gov statement - members sent opening rules
Hanson - Closed pending Gov statement

Any other updates?

I can't say how I found out but I've seen the list of entities being announced for opening starting today. In that list it states:

"Firearms Retailer and Ranges"

Still have to follow safe guidelines but I'm was pretty surprised to see this on the May 18th list.
a reason to continue to live! 👍

Many of the "opens" listed above are "limited to ourdoor ranges only, clubhouse and all indoor facilities closed, no guests or events at which the public is admitted" which has become the de-facto standard for many clubs.

Probably an attempt to moot the existing gunshop case in federal court (we only have a temporary restraining order, not a final decision). Better to have a case against you dismissed as moot than to lose.

I can't say how I found out but I've seen the list of entities being announced for opening starting today. In that list it states:

Still have to follow safe guidelines but I'm was pretty surprised to see this on the May 18th list.
You know it's all political BS. If we didnt fight to have gun stores open, they would not be on the list for day 1.

Back
Top Bottom