Gun Club closure megathread

so I see a thread was posted on Harvard being closed, since when? I haven't received an email from them advising us of the closure, was planning on heading there tomorrow. This is WAR!

so I see a thread was posted on Harvard being closed, since when? I haven't received an email from them advising us of the closure, was planning on heading there tomorrow. This is WAR!

Check your spam folder. Some messages from Harvard have gotten sent there by my email provider in the past.

The state already has plenty of land to build police ranges, they also have plenty of empty buildings where they could make indoor ranges, some in places you'd never even think of.
Anyone remember when the MSP were caught using one of the Big Dig tunnel vent buildings as their private indoor golf driving range ??? If it's a big enough secure space to practice driving golf balls, it's certainly big enough for a rifle & pistol range.

I do. An early 'hold my beer' moment.

Mass. State Troopers May Want Big Dig Mulligan
State police to probe troopers' alleged golf driving range in Boston site.
By
DAVID SCHOETZ
May 18, 2007, 8:22 PM

May 18, 2007 — -- Massachusetts State Police are investigating whether a group of golf-loving troopers who apparently set up a driving range inside a Big Dig facility were on the clock while practicing their golf swings.

Jon Carlisle, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, said that state police officials confirmed that a group of 12 to 14 troopers assigned to a motorcycle unit hung netting inside the third floor of a large ventilation building used for the infamous tunnel project near Logan International Airport.

"There was a golf net up there," Carlisle told ABC News. "It's not an acceptable use of space funded by taxpayers."

"It's the imagery,"
said Barbara Anderson, head of Massachusetts Citizens for Limited Taxation and a longtime critic of the project. "A driving range? It's as if Massachusetts says, 'How outrageous can we be?' and then, 'Let's top that.'"

And while it's Massachusetts taxpayers who now bear the brunt of the Big Dig's malfeasance, it's the rest of the country who gets a laugh at the Bay State's expense.

"Other states don't even think about doing the things we do," Anderson said.

Calm down Francis. Emails did go out and it was well covered here. Not a lot we can do about it. I'm pretty sure Dan and the rest of the board did not want to write it or send it.

I do. An early 'hold my beer' moment.

Mass. State Troopers May Want Big Dig Mulligan
State police to probe troopers' alleged golf driving range in Boston site.
By
DAVID SCHOETZ
May 18, 2007, 8:22 PM

May 18, 2007 — -- Massachusetts State Police are investigating whether a group of golf-loving troopers who apparently set up a driving range inside a Big Dig facility were on the clock while practicing their golf swings.

Hey, at least they were doing something on the clock. That's a big step for them!!

I don’t care if the police have to put up a building on one of the many state buildings available. I’m not anti cop. Just anti state. Not an unreasonable request, no police training on a private club as these are the guys enforcing these unconstitutional laws coming from Beacon Hill.
Ditto. I drove to the Harvard 100yd range last year and there was a uniformed Statie sitting in his marked SUV at the range. WTF? I parked, pulled out my X95, fired a few rounds, packed up and left. I need to attend a meeting and ask questions if the PO-PO are going to act as Maura's bitches.

The state already has plenty of land to build police ranges, they also have plenty of empty buildings where they could make indoor ranges, some in places you'd never even think of.
Anyone remember when the MSP were caught using one of the Big Dig tunnel vent buildings as their private indoor golf driving range ??? If it's a big enough secure space to practice driving golf balls, it's certainly big enough for a rifle & pistol range.

Do you think the state is going to pay for hazmat abatement, cleaning, filters, range liability insurance, etc? They want to dump that off on someone else. Look at all the lead pit national guard armory ranges the state never bothered to renovate or even clean up when the properties were abandoned/surplussed. State government is one of the biggest absentee slumlords out there.

Calm down Francis. Emails did go out and it was well covered here. Not a lot we can do about it. I'm pretty sure Dan and the rest of the board did not want to write it or send it.
Names not Francis and we were at the Harvard the Sunday before Easter. I always get the weekly bulletin message in my email and haven't seen an email from them announcing the closing. Not bitching about the Harvard board members, anger at Maura and her lapdog Charley and the gutless town officials who cower under her boot heels.

Some of the best shooting time of the year is just starting. I don't golf.
How long can this go on...?

Some of the best shooting time of the year is just starting. I don't golf.
How long can this go on...?
I’m dying. It’s one thing if I’m just lazy and don’t go, it now posses me off that I want to and no one is ever there in the first place to even worry about contracting anything. Uuuuuggggghhhhhbhh

Anyone know that Pelham fish and game will doing orientation for new members this coming April 22?
I got call a month regarding my new rang club

Anyone know that Pelham fish and game will doing orientation for new members this coming April 22?
I got call a month regarding my new rang club
I dont know the answer to that, as I am not a member. But I can tell you that I havent heard any sounds of freedom coming from their direction in a while, so they are definitely not open for shooting.

Ditto. I drove to the Harvard 100yd range last year and there was a uniformed Statie sitting in his marked SUV at the range. WTF? I parked, pulled out my X95, fired a few rounds, packed up and left. I need to attend a meeting and ask questions if the PO-PO are going to act as Maura's bitches.
He is there all the time, and is a very nice guy. Keeps to himself, but very friendly. Everything I own is scary looking and he has never said a thing. Im guessing he is off the clock on his way to or from work.

Wallum Lake Rod and Gun is reopening on Wednesday, April 22nd. Regular hours. Indoor range will remain closed. Members only, no guests. Must have membership card to sign in with RO at main Clubhouse.

Kinda surprised Law Enforcement doesn't get up there with a cherry-picker an awl and a set of needle-nose pliers. Could be some interesting samples up there...

The inflatable lock. A friend from "Dot" pointed that out to me. May still be/use to be lots of bullet holes in the siding. There was when Dough Boy uniform supply was newish.
Kinda surprised Law Enforcement doesn't get up there with a cherry-picker an awl and a set of needle-nose pliers. Could be some interesting samples up there...
Based on SERE's post above, doing this might be embarrassing to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom