Gun Club closure megathread

Based on SERE's post above, doing this might be embarrassing to say the least.

I can't say for certain. This was back when there was an exit was in front of the storage building for Boston St. No exit there now only an on ramp. Also, there is an overpass of the expressway in front of the "Fortress" where officers could watch x-way traffic from above. I believe they never caught anyone shooting at the lock. [thinking]

As the lock and chain were only inflated in warm weather months it was usually attributed to the bored local 'yutes' doing it.

ETA: I knew we covered this at least once. Google says the lock came down for good in 2011, after constant 'deflations'.

@Zappa

Last edited:
Ditto. I drove to the Harvard 100yd range last year and there was a uniformed Statie sitting in his marked SUV at the range. WTF? I parked, pulled out my X95, fired a few rounds, packed up and left. I need to attend a meeting and ask questions if the PO-PO are going to act as Maura's bitches.
He was probably waiting on me, I am always running late. Great guy, you should have said hello. He also pays dues like everyone else. Anyways, I hope you still go to the next meeting, I would hate to be the only one there asking questions about the closure.

HOPKINTON OUTDOOR RANGES CLOSED

As of 8:45AM today, the Hopkinton club is completely closed (outdoor ranges included) and card key access to the range roads disabled.

The governor's office called Hopkinton officials (I believe the health department) and instructed them the club was in violation and instructed the town to order all activity including the outdoor ranges shut down. They also offered to send out the MSP to deliver a cease and desist order if the town would not do the dirty work for them.

The closure has NOTHING to do with the town of Hopkinton (its role was just messenger), and it is clear that the club remains on very good terms with the town and its various agencies. ElPrez has advised me that shutdown means shutdown, and there will be no exceptions made for law enforcement range use.

Last edited:
HOPKINTON CLOSED

As of 8:45AM today, the Hopkinton club is completely closed (outdoor ranges included) and card key access to the range roads disabled.

The governor's office called Hopkinton officials (I believe the health department) and instructed them the club was in violation and instructed the town to order all activity including the outdoor ranges shut down. They also offered to send out the MSP to deliver a cease and desist order if the town would not do the dirty work for them.

The closure has NOTHING to do with the town of Hopkinton (its role was just messenger), and it is very clear that the club remains on very good terms with the town and its various agencies. ElPrez has advised me that shutdown means shutdown, and there will be no exceptions made for law enforcement range use.
Gestapo at work (state)!

The closure has NOTHING to do with the town of Hopkinton (its role was just messenger), and it is very clear that the club remains on very good terms with the town and its various agencies. ElPrez has advised me that shutdown means shutdown, and there will be no exceptions made for law enforcement range use.

FCK... I just loaded up my cases and my truck this morning so I could head there this afternoon to shoot in the rain. Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that likes to shoot in the rain... it means I have the whole place to my self. When I take my son, I like for him to be relaxed and not feel any pressure with the ranges being crowded.

Wow that's some bullshit. The ranges/clubs are dropping like flies. I really hope mine can remain open.

The closure has NOTHING to do with the town of Hopkinton (its role was just messenger), and it is clear that the club remains on very good terms with the town and its various agencies. ElPrez has advised me that shutdown means shutdown, and there will be no exceptions made for law enforcement range use.

Hopkinton is off the beaten path so someone in the town must have called and ratted out the range. Scumbag.

So have they contacted NRA, GOAL &/or Comm2A to join the lawsuit against Faker and company?

Last edited:
Hopkinton is off the beaten path so someone in the town must have called and ratted out the range. Scumbag.

There are plenty of people in Hopkinton that would call the cops on the guy playing with his kids in his own yard, so I don't find it that hard to believe one or two would call the state to complain about the sounds of freedom. I'm surprised that HSA managed to stay open as long as they did, to be honest. At least the town isn't completely full of shit like some of the others around here.

Or the opposition reading the forums as part of intelligence gathering. The mistake was assuming the state would abide by its own regulations and it was safe to talk about since the regulations clearly exclude outdoor non-congregationous activity, and we are not open to the public.

So have they contacted NRA, GOAL &/or Comm2A to join the lawsuit against Faker and company?
The gun store suit is addressing business closures from a 2A perspective.

There are several legal issues that making a state level challenge to the highly questionable interpretation of the governor's regulations problematic, however, I am not going to lay out a road map for the opposition in this forum.

Here's the latest for Wallum Lake:
To all our Members,
On Wednesday, April 22nd, Wallum Lake will re-open. In order to do so we have to meet certain state guidelines to be compliant. The hours of operation will be the same as always. Anyone caught breaking any of the rules will have their membership suspended until you meet with the Board of Directors. This takes an effort on all of us in order to maintain the safety of all our members. Also please note that if you are calling the club for any reason and the call is not picked up, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

If anyone is looking for work hours we will need help to make this work. I will be looking for RO’s. You do not have to be certified , but it certainly helps. I will be at the club this week Wednesday thru Friday from 9-5, if you are interested please stop by and see me.

GENERAL RULES
First and foremost, if you are sick remain home!

The club will only be open to members only. No junior members or guests are to be on club property.

When arriving at the range you will report to the main clubhouse as you have done in the past. However, now there will be a range officer to sign you in. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CLUB MEMBERSHIP CARD WITH YOU TO SIGN IN AND IT MUST BE KEPT ON YOU AT ALL TIMES.

All clubhouses are to remain closed. Chairmen can access them if needed but under no circumstance are there to be any other members in them until further notice. The only exception to this rule will be to enter the main clubhouse to sign into to the appropriate range and to use the restroom.

ALL MEMBERS MUST OBEY THE 6FT SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES WHILE ON THE CLUB.

Sanitizing spay will be located throughout all the ranges. All areas will be sprayed down once an hour.

RANGES
The Indoor range will remain closed to all until further notice.

Sporting Clays will remain closed until further notice.

The outdoor range will have designated shooting areas on both the pistol side and the rifle side. Each person is allowed one hour on the range.

Trap and Skeet will operate but are limited to 4 shooter per squad. We will run 2 trap and 2 skeet fields. Times of operation for them will be at the chairman’s discretion as to when those areas can get coverage to run the machines and collect fees.

Archery will be open , but the same social distancing rules apply, and you must sign in first as always.

The pistol pits will be open, and we are going to open more of them up to accommodate more shooters. Please watch for a second email from Tim B. for the new rules and openings.

OTHER AMMENITIES.

You can use the property for hiking , running, and training of dogs and hunting. Please follow the regular guidelines for this and practice all safety protocols when hunting.

The pond will be open for fishing. Currently, we are not placing any special restrictions on it other than the social distancing rule. If it does get overwhelmed there, we will adopt an odd/even system for usage.
As the President said, we are opening back up to members ONLY on Wednesday, April 22nd. We will be opening all 7 seven pits up.

First, you must already have been through the pits orientation and have your card when you sign in with the RO at the club house.
Pits 1-3 are set up with steel and are pistol only
Pits 4-7 have some steel and paper targets frames.

You may shoot club steel with pistol and shotgun( birdshot only)
You may shoot the paper targets with pistol and rifle.

Do Not abuse the equipment,
If it is found that people are abusing club property, all pits will be closed.

Please maintain social distancing (6ft) and no more than 4 people in a single pit at a time.
Clean up after yourself.
You may bring your own targets to use in pits 4-7 should you desire.

No Glass or Cans may be shot anywhere on the property, so don't do it. We will not be doing any orientations until we get back to normal.

The gun store suit is addressing business closures from a 2A perspective.

There are several legal issues that making a state level challenge to the highly questionable interpretation of the governor's regulations problematic, however, I am not going to lay out a road map for the opposition in this forum.
Okay. Without going into strategy, it would appear to me the first issue is with the governor's regulations as stated, and their contradiction with the US Constitution, state Constitution, and I would think most germane, federal DHS direction on what is considered essential. The subsequent issue then becomes the "highly questionable interpretation" of said regulations WRT outdoor ranges.

From what I can tell the MA request for preliminary injunction was filed almost a week ago, but I can find no report of it being addressed or even responded to yet. Gotta love the speed of the wheels of justice in MA.

The subsequent issue then becomes the "highly questionable interpretation" of said regulations WRT outdoor ranges.
Are you aware of long standing judicial policy that great deference is to be given to the entity writing regulations when determining what they mean, and that the issuer's interpretation generally considered by the court to be presumptively correct? (and this has nothing to with the cuz guns doctrine).

Are you also aware that the defendant could just issue a revised version of the regulations and undercut any interpretive attack surface?

Back
Top Bottom