Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
That course list is incomplete. I have paperwork proving that the USPSA Safe Handgun Competitor Course, MA Edition LTC-013 is also approved.

Holliston

Green for me. Applied 3/23 only looking for "sporting and target". Received on 5/4, six weeks to the day, with restrictions: none.[smile]

Now to save some $$ for my Sig P229 .40...

anyone have any info on applying in Hull, MA? Searching this thread I could not see any feedback.

Thanks
G

Give 'em a call and ask if they are waiting for anything from you. I waited 5 months as my application sat in a pile collecting dust as the administrator was supposed to call me to scheudle a face to face interview with the chief. Once I called (a few times) things got moving again and I received my LTC-A w/no restrictions.

gun rights Mass. Towns

Place Marion and Rochester in green..... Marion you go through the door with an unrestricted A unless you are found to have disqualifiers( the way it should be done everywhere) and Rochester is basically the same.

commandcaddy

I just got a call from a student in Beverly. He's going to get back to me, but, he was told today that he couldn't even get an appointment for a license until September???? And this was from the L.O. I see Beverly's green, and he even told me the Chief is friendly...anyone got any idea why it's gonna take that long just to put the application in??

I just got a call from a student in Beverly. He's going to get back to me, but, he was told today that he couldn't even get an appointment for a license until September???? And this was from the L.O. I see Beverly's green, and he even told me the Chief is friendly...anyone got any idea why it's gonna take that long just to put the application in??

Summer vacations?

East Bridgewater MA

I'll say GREEN for East Bridgewater MA. Although I just moved to Derry NH last Saturday, my wife and I never had a problem obtaining a LTC in this town.
Craig

Hi Guys,

I hunted through the threads and didn't see anything so: does anyone have experince with Hull? I live in Cohasset now and have an ALP that I don't want too loss if I move next door to Hull

Funny we have Cohasset listed as red. How long ago did you get your LTC there? Has there been a major change of politics there or a new chief?

Cohasset should be red. The current chief (Hussey) is very anti-gun, but allowed people who had previous ALPs to renew them without a problem.

Chelsea is red. I got an unrestricted "For all lawful purposes" Class A in Chelsea, but I had a NYS unrestricted license for 18 years before I moved here. The Chelsea Police Detective that handled my paperwork said that they usually restrict new applicants to Class B licenses.

Boxford - bright Green!

Got my class A with no restrictions in 3 weeks in Boxford. The Chief is a really, really nice guy and said applying for anything other than a class A license was silly.

They called the day it came in and when I picked it up, the officer on duty handed it to me and said "Congratulations. You may now commence firing".

All I could do was laugh.

Upton is GREEN, applied LTC Class A ALP and had my license in about 30 days, they were very friendly and keep FA-10s handy at the front desk. I applied a little over a year ago, for some reason I thought Upton was already green on here-but same Chief is in charge.

Hi guys. I found this site today and will post in the say hi thread.

I just moved to Hopedale, MA about 4 months ago. I started the LTC process about the first week I got here. I had a concealed weapons permit in Florida for about 10 years or so but I still had to take a class, which is good to learn about some of the laws up here. It took a few weeks or so to wait for the class date. After the class I went back to the Hopedale PD and had to schedule an appointment to come back again. A few days later I went back...the officers there were very nice and seem to be all for LTC. The officer filled out the "paperwork" on the computer for me...I didn't have to list anything for a reason why I wanted LTC...looked to me like the office left it blank. They did ask if I wanted an A class. Took my pictures..showed me around...fingure printed me. Took about an hour. About 2 months later I got my LTC (just got it the other day).

I would say Hopedale is very green.

I heard a lot of horror stories about this state and its laws so I was a little shocked at how smooth things went for me.

Be safe,

John

Does anyone know anything about Rutland? My wife and I are looking at buying a bigger house and found a development in Rutland that we love. Anyone have any experience here? I'm guessing it's green because it's Western MA but who knows? Maybe I'll make a call to the P.D. tomorrow and ask some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom