Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIDDLETON and GROVELAND will only issue CLASS B for first issuance....this was told to me by the Police Chief's themselves....so definately either RED or BLACK Towns...[angry] I sometimes debate moving out of state, but that wouldnt solve much. We need to push some laws that would remove that function from the police chiefs and make MA a "Shall " state instead of letting them shit on our constitutional rights....last time I checked it was the right to bear arms and not the previlage to bear arms......

Wakefield

Wakefield - Currently Green, as long as you give a good reason (All lawful will get you a restricted)

What reason did you give to get it...because I spoke with the cop who does the licensing and he mentioned to me that they will issue for All lawful purposes. I'm wondering if he's giving me the run around... Let me know what you put on the application.

What reason did you give to get it...because I spoke with the cop who does the licensing and he mentioned to me that they will issue for All lawful purposes. I'm wondering if he's giving me the run around... Let me know what you put on the application.

Isn't that sorta like asking a buddy for the answers so you can cheat on the test? [smile]

I think you'd be much better off coming up with your own reasons, drawn from your life and lifestyle, rather than mindlessly using what some other LTC applicant wrote.

Darius Arbabi
massgunlaw.com

that is not my intent...I was curius to see if he used "all lawful purposes" or some other phrase that may have caught the chiefs eye. I am looking for all lawful purpose license mainly for personal protection because I was a victom of a crime and wasn't sure how to word it to my advantage...

Isn't that sorta like asking a buddy for the answers so you can cheat on the test? [smile]

I think you'd be much better off coming up with your own reasons, drawn from your life and lifestyle, rather than mindlessly using what some other LTC applicant wrote.

I'd agree with you if the purpose of filling out the application was therapy. Since the only purpose in the real world is to obtain your LTC, the right answer to give is whatever one works.

Ken

Fitchburg is once again an unknown at this point. The Chief(Cronin) has left the department and we have a temp chief while they search for a new chief. The current Mayor is a Republican so hopefully the new one will have the same stance as Cronin and issue only Class ALP but only time will tell. I don't know what the interim chief's policy is. I think Tasca is the interim chief but I am not sure. Can't seem to find an article that says.

Fitchburg is once again an unknown at this point. The Chief(Cronin) has left the department and we have a temp chief while they search for a new chief. The current Mayor is a Republican so hopefully the new one will have the same stance as Cronin and issue only Class ALP but only time will tell. I don't know what the interim chief's policy is. I think Tasca is the interim chief but I am not sure. Can't seem to find an article that says.

I know someone who got their license a month ago and had no
problem... not sure if Cronin was gone before then or not.

-Mike

I know someone who got their license a month ago and had no
problem... not sure if Cronin was gone before then or not.

-Mike

Thanks Doug for the article below.

Fitchburg’s new chief

Mayor taps experience for acting police head

The appointment of Capt. Philip J. Kearns Jr. as acting chief of police in Fitchburg should bring a measure of stability to a department buffeted in recent months by budget woes and layoffs of civilian dispatchers.

The acting chief has the background and skills needed to fill the void left by the departure of Chief Edward F. Cronin, who left in part because of a disagreement with Mayor Dan H. Mylott over departmental personnel issues.

Acting Chief Kearns, now a Westminster resident, has deep roots in Fitchburg. A 1975 graduate of Fitchburg High School, he joined the city’s police force in the fall of 1980, after graduating with a criminal justice major from Northeastern University.

His career in the Fitchburg force has covered the whole city and has spanned all ranks of the department. His familiarity with operations should be invaluable in his new role.

Acting Chief Kearns doesn’t rule out a bid to make his new role permanent, but he’s leaving his options open. “I’ve been treated very well the past couple of days,” he said shortly after starting his new duties, “but it’s only been a couple of days.”

Whatever he decides, his steady hand at the public safety helm pending the permanent appointment is welcome, indeed.

I know nothing about this guy.

At least the new interim chief is a local; (as opposed to an
imported, appointed hack) so that's a good thing.... but who knows
what they will do long term. If they import a "big dump city" style
police chief, we might be in trouble.

-Mike

Anyone put in for a LTC recently and find that it is taking an extremely long time on the state's end? I applied in mid April in Medford, and have nothing yet. I've been calling every week or two, and they tell me it's out of their hands...

Anyone put in for a LTC recently and find that it is taking an extremely long time on the state's end? I applied in mid April in Medford, and have nothing yet. I've been calling every week or two, and they tell me it's out of their hands...

And you expected them to say what? "Ya, that app is sitting in a pile in the back room and we'll get to it some rainy day.... maybe" [thinking]

Newburyport is now green, I had heard a few years back the Chief was opposed, as a buddy of mine only got a license for target shooting. However it has changed as I had no problem whatsoever obtaining my LTC for ALP three months ago; the officer I dealt with was professional and knowledgable. Note, I have no "connections" with anyone in the dept. What I can say is that I did go the SIG ARMS Academy for my basic pistol safety course, which was well worth the extra money.

I cannot recall seeing Stoneham listed, however I am fairly certain that green should be applicable as I have a friend who recently had no trouble obtaining his LTC for ALP; in addition they have a gun shop in the town.
[rockon]

Not sure what I expected to be honest, I've never done this before. Thanks.

Scully714,

I have a co-worker who repeatedly tried to obtain a his license for ALP, but was denied. Whoever is in charge over there at the police dept, has been for some years and their stance hasn't changed.
As it has been stated a thousand times, it is very frustrating to be treated as 2nd class citizens who have certain rights that can be brandished as "privileges" by "those who see fit", when in fact upstanding citizens shouldn't be denied their 2nd Amendment.
[frown]

Scully, call CHSB and ask THEM if they have seen or processed your LTC application. You'll get the straight scoop from them. Then you'll know if someone is jerking your chain (my bet) or if the state is indeed taking a long time (something that was predicted by CHSB a few months ago).

My LTC took about 4 weeks.

So much for the delay being "on the state's end." [rolleyes]

This is preliminary but Stoneham is green according to the interview my wife just had. I am going to go in and renew early ASAP.

[EDIT]I went to schedule an appointment this morning and the secretary was giving me static and refusing to schedule the appointment. She said she was gonna check with CHSB to see if I was allowed to renew early. [angry] That is code for I am gonna ignore your existence and never call them. She has said she would do it twice already over the phone. Bitch... The licensing officer told my wife that it was no problem and he had done it for two people already that day. She didn't want to hear any of it. And of course my wife can't for the life of her remember the name of this officer. I can't depend on anybody to hold up their end of the bargain. [/EDIT]

Last edited:
So, Ken, how many LTC applications for other people have you prepared? [wink]

So when someone pays you to prepare help their application, you ignore the evidence as to what responses have tended to get unrestricted license in the past and what responses haven't? [shocked] [wink]

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom