Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the deal in Brighton? I don't see it on the list.

Brighton is part of Boston. That means all the usual Boston BS applies, including the Moon Island range test, and the like. Blood red. Only way you're going to get unrestricted is if you can prove large cash deposits or similar kinds of "need".

-Mike

Brighton is part of Boston. That means all the usual Boston BS applies, including the Moon Island range test, and the like. Blood red. Only way you're going to get unrestricted is if you can prove large cash deposits or similar kinds of "need".

-Mike

Maybe ACORN can help the people of Boston out with this......"yes officer, he needs to carry a pistol to protect his hoes"

-Mike
Figures. Thanks.

This is a female, she might have better luck than say you or me...

Figures. Thanks.

Have a daughter and name her "large sums of cash". They apply and indicate that you will be transporting "large sums of cash" on a daily basis... [laugh]

[thinking] This idea that people's lives or their money are more important when the sums of money go up really infuriates me...

Anyone who supports this policy should be locked up in the old-school stocks in town center and pelted with rotten produce until they apologize...

Have a daughter and name her "large sums of cash". They apply and indicate that you will be transporting "large sums of cash" on a daily basis... [laugh]

i always wanted to change my name to " Common Currier" They are exempt from possessing everything.

Figures. Thanks.

The PD's usually don't care about gender, at least not the ones like Boston. (Wouldn't be surprised if it played a role in other places though... especially those towns where the policy tends to blow hot and cold.... )

-Mike

The PD's usually don't care about gender, at least not the ones like Boston. (Wouldn't be surprised if it played a role in other places though... especially those towns where the policy tends to blow hot and cold.... )

-Mike

Well, I agree....

... but we all know the wonders a low cut shirt can do (she's hot) [laugh]

There are people with heart conditions, respiratory conditions, neuropathy, hip and knee replacements....that can't just walk away or run from trouble. I don't know how a COP of even the reddest or blackest kingdom can deny a handicapped or disabled person an unrestricted license when the ability of these people to escape or defend themselves is so severely compromised. Granted, why the blank should anyone have to divulge their medical problems to a town employee to get an unrestricted LTC, but it's something you may consider if it's a fact. This whole situation is absurd. Support H2259.

There are people with heart conditions, respiratory conditions, neuropathy, hip and knee replacements....that can't just walk away or run from trouble. I don't know how a COP of even the reddest or blackest kingdom can deny a handicapped or disabled person an unrestricted license when the ability of these people to escape or defend themselves is so severely compromised. Granted, why the blank should anyone have to divulge their medical problems to a town employee to get an unrestricted LTC, but it's something you may consider if it's a fact. This whole situation is absurd. Support H2259.

+10 to this..seriously!

Well i just finished my interview in Somerville. Requested personal protection and ALP. The chief straight up told me he normally puts restrictions on the licence such as hunting targeting because he does not think its a good idea to just have people walking around town with guns.

So i got my license in the mail this week and i was very happy to see!
Class A
Restrictions: NONE

So i got my license in the mail this week and i was very happy to see!
Class A
Restrictions: NONE

so, does the chief just blow smoke up people's asses now or something? Did you do any extra effort convincing the chief to get what you wanted out of the permit? Congrats!

Nantucket s/b GREEN. Just got my LTC A in December09. 2 recent LTC classes ALL got
what they asked for.

Good to hear, Dave. I think I'll need to renew before I move back to America, and I don't know what kind of town I'll be moving to. Might as well renew while I can, in a 'green' town, instead of rolling the dice on my next town.

... but we all know the wonders a low cut shirt can do (she's hot) [laugh]

When I applied in Boston a year ago, both the secretary at the front desk and the officer that walked me through the application were female. I think it's going to be luck of the draw.

I've had my LTC-A issued out of Carlisle for almost 2 years now. I have been working on trying to have them void out my license so I can reapply here in my new green town. Here's the response I just got from the Sgt:

"I did receive the envelope. As I advised you earlier it is not our policy to void licenses issued by our department. One reason for this is to prevent individuals from "shopping around" to different police departments. You can petition for the restriction removal after the three year period has elapsed without any incidents.
Thank you"

Looks like I'm stuck getting an attorney (I currently have emails into about 5 of them and waiting for responses)...or waiting another year or so so I can petition to have my restrictions lifted [frown]

One reason for this is to prevent individuals from "shopping around" to different police departments.

This is frickn Calvin ball. [angry2] So you play by their rules and they go and change the god damned rules lest you play the game by their rules and f'n win.

This is frickn Calvin ball. [angry2] So you play by their rules and they go and change the god damned rules lest you play the game by their rules and f'n win.

I know! I am FURIOUS! I REALLY hope an attorney can maybe do something for me in this case, however I am worried that if I continue pushing their buttons the wrong way they'll just revoke my license altogether and deem me "no longer suitable" because I am "expressing an unusually large interest in wanting to carry a concealed weapon." I mean seriously what would you do at this point? Just give in and wait another 1 1/2 years and petition for the restriction removal? Or would you continue to try to fight the system? I can't really afford an attorney, but I really REALLY want to "stick it to the man." *storms off*

I guess we need another color flag for the LTC towns.... "Red with traces of Brown" - Towns that suck so bad they won't even let you revoke your own permit.

-Mike

I know! I am FURIOUS! I REALLY hope an attorney can maybe do something for me in this case, however I am worried that if I continue pushing their buttons the wrong way they'll just revoke my license altogether and deem me "no longer suitable" because I am "expressing an unusually large interest in wanting to carry a concealed weapon." I mean seriously what would you do at this point? Just give in and wait another 1 1/2 years and petition for the restriction removal? Or would you continue to try to fight the system? I can't really afford an attorney, but I really REALLY want to "stick it to the man." *storms off*

Even if they did pull that crap, ironically you'd probably have a pretty good case in the new town. At this point tune up the flamethrowers and fire away, or at least as your wallet can withstand.

-Mike

Even if they did pull that crap, ironically you'd probably have a pretty good case in the new town. At this point tune up the flamethrowers and fire away, or at least as your wallet can withstand.

-Mike

True Mike...though correct me if I'm wrong but if I had the license REVOKED as a result of pushing too hard...doesn't a revoked license automatically disqualify you from obtaining a new license? I'm unclear whether a revoked license causes a new application to get held up at the issuing department, or if it goes further and blocks the reissue at the FRB level

True Mike...though correct me if I'm wrong but if I had the license REVOKED as a result of pushing too hard...doesn't a revoked license automatically disqualify you from obtaining a new license? I'm unclear whether a revoked license causes a new application to get held up at the issuing department, or if it goes further and blocks the reissue at the FRB level

No, but you usually have to explain it come application time. And it tends to follow you around forever, too.... but it is not an "offense"- an administrative revocation of an LTC is not a statutory disqualifier. That said, I'd still avoid it.... but I sure as hell wouldn't be their bitch for 3 years, either.

-Mike

No, but you usually have to explain it come application time. And it tends to follow you around forever, too.... but it is not an "offense"- an administrative revocation of an LTC is not a statutory disqualifier. That said, I'd still avoid it.... but I sure as hell wouldn't be their bitch for 3 years, either.

-Mike

Thank you once again. I'm awaiting legal advice from the various attorneys I have contacted at this point. The issue is there isn't anything in the law that states it is illegal for a department to do this (that I know of)...and basically it's only wrong from a moral standpoint which doesn't give me a strong case (if any). But I agree I certainly don't want to be their bitch for another 1 1/2 years either. I live nearly 100 miles from Carlisle now!

so, does the chief just blow smoke up people's asses now or something? Did you do any extra effort convincing the chief to get what you wanted out of the permit? Congrats!

I got defensive once he told me he was going to give restrictions for no reason. So i started questioning him about the law and what exactly would be legal with the restrictions he wanted to impose. After a while of arguing back and forth i figured my fate was sealed with the restrictions. So i wrote a letter to the mayor informing him he would not have my vote come election time explaining my interaction with the police chief and his view's. Now i have no idea if the letter had any effect. I got no reply or indication that it was even received but i did get the unrestricted licence i wanted and it only took 17 days from interview to licence in hand.

Medford just sucks.. I'm only 25 but I've grown up around guns AND my younger brother is a Deputy Sheriff for Middlesex and he still got the target and hunting restrictions with ALP on our applictions and I am ticked and trying to at least find someone to help but I guess its the Police Chief who never gives anyone it. If anyone in Medford has a class A LTC WITHOUT restrictions please inform me on how you got it. Thanks

-Jon

I've had my LTC-A issued out of Carlisle for almost 2 years now. I have been working on trying to have them void out my license so I can reapply here in my new green town. Here's the response I just got from the Sgt:

"I did receive the envelope. As I advised you earlier it is not our policy to void licenses issued by our department. One reason for this is to prevent individuals from "shopping around" to different police departments. You can petition for the restriction removal after the three year period has elapsed without any incidents.
Thank you"

Looks like I'm stuck getting an attorney (I currently have emails into about 5 of them and waiting for responses)...or waiting another year or so so I can petition to have my restrictions lifted [frown]

Of all places, I ran into a guy from Smith & Wesson at Costco a few weeks ago, and struck up a conversation with him on all things gun licensing. He seemed to think Westfield is a pretty good places to get LTCs, and on here I see it listed as a green town. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too difficult to get a LTC-A unrestricted here?

Of all places, I ran into a guy from Smith & Wesson at Costco a few weeks ago, and struck up a conversation with him on all things gun licensing. He seemed to think Westfield is a pretty good places to get LTCs, and on here I see it listed as a green town. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too difficult to get a LTC-A unrestricted here?

Westfield is VERY green. Chief Camerota is the friendliest most straight forward and responsive Chief I have EVER dealt with. I can ONLY wish I applied here and not Carlisle :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom