• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**Governor Patrick Files New Gun Control Legislation**

When will the people of Massachusetts wake up
PATICK-MURRAY filed abill today taken away more rights of the people of Massachusetts with one more DUMB firearm bill. How can we the citizen of Massachusetts vote for some one who pass law's against law-abiding citizens . Gun Control don't work the criminals will still get gun's .
The police can not and will not be there when rapist ,murderers come to your door
The other problem is Patrick,Murray can,t get the local Police to fellow the state firearm law's that are on the book's now
I say it's time to replace the out dated thinking in Boston

Last edited:
Read the initial post. The gov's office claims that 20% or so of "illegally possessed" guns come from MA and the other 80% from out of state. What they don't say is whether they are from straw purchases or were stolen. I'm guessing that almost all of that 20% are firearms that were STOLEN from someone who LAWFULLY purchased and stored them.

ha! sorry I can't believe i missed that.

Just for the sake of argument, lets say that the whole 20% is eliminated via gun control legislation. That means we would still have the other 80% floating around in the hands of criminals with no way of defending ourselves. Brilliant.

yeah, and think of this from the criminal's side - if they can't their MA guns then they'll just go elsewhere anyway. so you reduce the 20% from MA and the divot gets filled in by guns from other places.

Last edited:
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/trace_data/2007/massachusetts07.pdf

Note on page 7: the average "Time to Crime" for guns traced in MA is 12.94 years (national avg. = 10.33).

These straw purchasers have the patience of a saint. They're buying these guns and, according to Governor Hopeydope, waiting 13 years to resell them on the streets.

Will this detail EVER be mentioned in the debate over this bill. Will the Boston Globe call him out and tell him he's kinda full of BS?

Yeah, sure.

Right after the winged primates clear my sphincter and hit daylight.

PATICK-MURRAY filed a bill today [...]

My theory is that that's the point right there, getting Murray's name out there on anything they possibly can, so that he's got some name recognition when Patrick bails out for a cushy federal appointment someplace. I don't think Patrick will survive a reelection campaign, and I don't think he thinks he will either.

My latest snarky comment:

Deval: We need to implement one-gun-a-month, because licensed gun owners are making straw purchases and selling guns to gang members in Boston. As evidence of this, I point to ATF trace data that shows 316 out of 845 traced guns in Massachusetts were lawfully purchased here.

Me: Governor, how do you explain then, that the same ATF trace data shows the Massachusetts average "Time to Crime", the time elapsed between the original purchase of the gun and its use in a crime, is nearly 13 years? These straw purchasers of which you speak must have the patience of a saint to hang onto these guns for so long before selling them to criminals, as you claim they're doing.

Deval: YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

100 posts into this thread and it's turning into a typical NES gun legislation thread.

I haven't broken them down by percentages, but here is what I see.

I hate this state, I can't wait to get out!

Ha Ha, you Ma**h***s are screwed, I'm glad I live in NH

That's except for Bruce, who has some good ideas of what should be done. Although just posting comments in a soon to be defunct newspaper isn't enough.

Just wait, NH residents, your turn is coming as NH turns increasingly blue. Five years from now you'll be whining that the state has turned into North Massachusetts.

BOHICA, THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO!

Patrick is a Communist!

GOAL, NRA, SUCKS. Why don't they fight this for us!

I think I've covered them all.

GOAL is aware of the bill and should be our rallying point here. If you don't belong, join. No doubt the NRA will provide some help, but GOAL is a pretty active gun owners rights organization.

What we shouldn't do is what a lot of us (which included me) did in 1998. Don't stick your head in the sand or expect that this won't screw you over.

Be active, email your legislators early. Make them feel the heat. Oh, be registered to vote. The very first thing their staff does when they get a letter, email, or phone call is check to see if you are a registered voter. If you aren't, you don't exist.

Stop whining, start fighting, or just take what they give you.

What is GOAL have to say about this? What are they doing? Has the "gunlawreform.com" acomplished anything yet? Just asking questions as I'm out of the loop. I thought the innitative by GOAL was in place to prevent and clarify some of these misconceptions.

100 posts into this thread and it's turning into a typical NES gun legislation thread.

I haven't broken them down by percentages, but here is what I see.

That's except for Bruce, who has some good ideas of what should be done. Although just posting comments in a soon to be defunct newspaper isn't enough.

Just wait, NH residents, your turn is coming as NH turns increasingly blue. Five years from now you'll be whining that the state has turned into North Massachusetts.

I think I've covered them all.

GOAL is aware of the bill and should be our rallying point here. If you don't belong, join. No doubt the NRA will provide some help, but GOAL is a pretty active gun owners rights organization.

What we shouldn't do is what a lot of us (which included me) did in 1998. Don't stick your head in the sand or expect that this won't screw you over.

Be active, email your legislators early. Make them feel the heat. Oh, be registered to vote. The very first thing their staff does when they get a letter, email, or phone call is check to see if you are a registered voter. If you aren't, you don't exist.

Stop whining, start fighting, or just take what they give you.

They also check what your party affiliation is as well.

What is GOAL have to say about this? What are they doing? Has the "gunlawreform.com" acomplished anything yet? Just asking questions as I'm out of the loop. I thought the innitative by GOAL was in place to prevent and clarify some of these misconceptions.

Read post #73 Goal has a post there. This Bill does not even have a number yet. Its a good idea to start sending letters to your Reps now and not at the last minute.

Slightly OT, but...

As to the theory that NH is turning increasingly blue, I'll remind you all that in the '08 elections the balance of power in the state legislature, while still majority Democrat, swung in the GOP direction.

Two recent special elections, one for state senate and one for state rep, were both won by Republican candidates running on a platform of fiscal responsibilty.

Also, while under Dem control, the state legislature has KILLED every gun control measure it has seen. Not that there have been very many, mind you, but still...

Slightly OT, but...

As to the theory that NH is turning increasingly blue, I'll remind you all that in the '08 elections the balance of power in the state legislature, while still majority Democrat, swung in the GOP direction.

Two recent special elections, one for state senate and one for state rep, were both won by Republican candidates running on a platform of fiscal responsibilty.

Also, while under Dem control, the state legislature has KILLED every gun control measure it has seen. Not that there have been very many, mind you, but still...

All of which are encouraging, but none of which means that the liberals won't continue to try to turn the state blue. With more and more of them moving up your way, you can't afford to relax. Not that I expect that you will.

i agree,..GOAL should be hiring lawyers and be doing 3rd party research on all these statisics that politicians are using to throw us gun owners under the bus! and prove to Deval and company that all these bogus gun laws dont anything besides make it easier for criminals,..and burden the law-abiding citizen.

when i see GOAL getting up in Devals face then they will get my $30, actually then i wouldnt mind giving them $100 or even $200 a year. i just dont see any point in throwing my $$ away if i dont see direct action taken.

Last edited:
I'd say it's long past time for an "empty holster" protest rally at the State House in Boston. Unlike the Tea Party protests, this would be guaranteed to get media coverage as soon as someone from the Local Trousertinkle Union called the police to report a bunch of crazy people wearing plastic and leather accessories on their belts.

I'd say it's long past time for an "empty holster" protest rally at the State House in Boston. Unlike the Tea Party protests, this would be guaranteed to get media coverage as soon as someone from the Local Trousertinkle Union called the police to report a bunch of crazy people wearing plastic and leather accessories on their belts.

That would be after said trousertinkle asked them out on dates.

It could be a very effective way to get the point across to the uninformed (even if the message doesn't penetrate into the soft, mushy core of Governor Hopeydope's authoritarian head).

Especially if everyone involved was dressed in business attire - shirts, Dockers, ties, dresses (for the ladies and Derek)...and holsters. Ted Nugent wannabe's and camo commandos need not attend.

i agree,..GOAL should be hiring lawyers and be doing 3rd party research on all these statisics that politicians are using to throw us gun owners under the bus! and prove to Deval and company that all these bogus gun laws dont anything besides make it easier for criminals,..and burden the law-abiding citizen.

when i see GOAL getting up in Devals face then they will get my $30, actually then i wouldnt mind giving them $100 or even $200 a year. i just dont see any point in throwing my $$ away if i dont see direct action taken.

Thats not throwing your money away, you think fighting all these asshats in government dosent cost anything? If they didnt have that $30 or dontations there would be no GOAL fighting for YOUR RIGHTS.

[rolleyes]

You are kidding right? GOAL doesn't have the money to piss away on lawyers because of those who fail to give donations and pay for a membership. If they spent the big one you will then say "I almost gave them money, I am glad I didn't now". I am a paid member and I have donated as well. I wish it was more but work is near death.

If we don't do the right thing, we may be air-soft warriors in the future.

This wasn't meant to snipe at you but you asked.[thinking]

* Create a new crime (10-year felony) for possessing a gun while committing a misdemeanor that involves the use of force.

in other words, make it a felony to use the gun, and a felony not to use the gun, ensuring that gun owners always use their gun, ensuring that they always become felons.

Ted Nugent wannabe's and camo commandos need not attend.

I'd wear a shirt, tie, and slacks. But if we are going to be excluding folks based on their attire, count me OUT. Gunowners come from all walks of life, and let their appearance represent that. Were better off if we are viewed as men and women of every aspect of society. We're your doctors, lawyers, janitors, construction workers, engineers, farmers, soldiers, hill billys and uptown bettys. We should all do our best to look presentable and be on our best behavior. But let's not weed out our own kind because of the way they appear to us.

Back
Top Bottom